Forums

Topic: Hearthstone

Posts 101 to 119 of 119

iKhan

This week's Tavern Brawl is the first hero replacement since the first one.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Waykunbayk

@iKhan: I think there have been three. There was Ragnaros vs. Nefarian, then a month later there was the new hunter vs. the new mage. Now the bots. I might have even missed one.

Waykunbayk

iKhan

Okay, I've gotten a Mechanical Yeti in each of the last 4 GvG packs I've bought. I know they are commons, but this is getting ridiculous.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Tubalcain

@iKhan: meanwhile Ive gotten 2 malygos' in 1 pack hahhahaha pray to RNG gods PRAY!!!

Tubalcain

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Okay, I've gotten a Mechanical Yeti in each of the last 4 GvG packs I've bought. I know they are commons, but this is getting ridiculous.

SICK arena draft, tho.

Tubalcain wrote:

@iKhan: meanwhile Ive gotten 2 malygos' in 1 pack hahhahaha pray to RNG gods PRAY!!!

Suddenly Malygos shaman's OP.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MayorPaine

Bump!
Anyone from this community still playing this?

Check out my new web comic 'Random Time Encounters':
https://tapastic.com/series/Random-Time-Encounters

Tasuki

MayorPaine wrote:

Bump!

I haven't played since the game first came out. I just couldn't keep up with it all the new cards they released so quick it just became overwhelming for me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Haru17

MayorPaine wrote:

Bump!

I play regularly. Really enjoying the Malygos / Dragon Warlock deck right now—it just feels skillful to play. Also tavern brawl, I dig tavern brawl.

MayorPaine

Yes, they're fun. Were you able to defeat Mechazod this past brawl? I had a busy weekend so didn't get many tries. Don't know if it was me or whoever they partnered me up with but I never even got close to defeating him.

Haru17

MayorPaine wrote:

Yes, they're fun. Were you able to defeat Mechazod this past brawl? I had a busy weekend so didn't get many tries. Don't know if it was me or whoever they partnered me up with but I never even got close to defeating him.

Yeah, opponents can really screw you over on that one. You have to use the synergies like Lorewalker + Millhouse, Brann + heals or coldlight, and spell damage + more spell damage + spells. Dropping a big minion with a powerful effect, like Lorewalker or Trogzor, is also important.

Admittedly a lot of these things require your opponent to get a clue.

JamesGoblin

I might give this one a try someday soon, only due to WoW nostalgia. Doesn't look too addictive on the first glance, thou you never know...

Not in the head!

MayorPaine

I guess it's a matter of taste. I loved playing magic on Xbox with friends so hs seemed like right up my alley. It turned out to be more addicting than any other card game I've played.

Heavyarms55

Wow! there actually is a thread for this on this site! Let me try reviving it! I've played a good bit since the game came out. I am currently a fan of the new Cubelock deck, which is odd, since I usually don't like top tier decks. I just like all the cool tools it has, from the new spell stone to the way destroying one of your own minions is actually a solid and power card effect. Sometimes Aggro just runs it over by turn 5 if you have a bad draw, and mill rogue seems to wreck it - but generally I find it has decent match ups against Paladin and Jade Druid. I am on the fence about how it does against Big Druid and Big Priest. You can tech it against those decks, but those techs are pretty bad the rest of the time.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

iKhan

Soooo... I'm back into this game with the announcement of Demon Hunter, and it's err... just a little OP.

Right now I'm playing Resurrect Priest, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. IDK why people say it's not fun to play.

klingki

Still blows my mind that this is not available on Switch.

klingki

Zuljaras

@iKhan DH is so damn boring class in WoW and in HS. I would prefer Death Knight over DH any time. It would've been perfect time to introduce the Undead tribe to minions.

Heavyarms55

I played this game almost every single day for nearly 5 years. I finally broke the habit sometime last year. I liked the game and still like it. But I spent way too much money on it and was upset with the outrageous amount of time it took to reach Legend.

@klingki And like this guy said, I was annoyed by it not coming to Switch still.

But that said, I'm bummed that I quit playing right before a big Dragon themed expansion - which was always my favorite type of deck to play. I almost got back into it. But no. I've sworn off of it. You can play without spending any money of course, but having done so in the past I know if I played it, I would not be able to resist the temptation. I can't do half measures with my habits. I ran into the same problem with soda, I tried several times to just cut back on drinking it, but in the end I just had to cut it out entirely.

iKhan

@Heavyarms55

That's exactly why I have a strict FTP policy with the game. I don't spend a dime on it. I took advantage of the free deck thing to get my current Resurrect Priest deck. It would be cool if I had all the fancy decks everyone else had, but the issue is that I don't have self control. Several years ago, I literally had to take time off of college because I can get overly hooked on certain things.

Heavyarms55

@iKhan I've never had issues quite like that. I have enough self control not to spend money to the point of causing myself problems. But if I had the money to spend on it, I spent it. It's not F2P in this case for me, it's specifically card games.

I was just as bad with Pokemon. And I stopped myself from getting into Magic the Gathering for the same reason.

I really really enjoy CCGs. But they are endless money pits for me. I end up wanting not only several top tier decks, but I want to build them with the fanciest shiny cards too... At least with Hearthstone you could get one copy of the highest rarity card each and that was all you needed for ALL of your decks. As opposed to IRL CCGs like Pokemon and Magic.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic