Forums

Topic: General JRPG Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 397

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket Sadly you can’t buy Scarlet Nexus anymore, unless you have a good pc or a ps5/series x. They stopped stocjing the ps4 copies entirely.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

RR529

Started playing Ys Seven on PC. Not very far in yet at all but the combat is very fast & fun. Oddly, the top controller config had blocking mapped to pressing both analogue sticks in simultaneously, but I changed it so I can block by just pressing R2 which works much better.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

VoidofLight

I somehow already have 10 hours in Berseria.

VoidofLight

@Kirby_EU Too bad it’s apple arcade only.

RR529

I'm enjoying Ys Seven, though something I wish it had is area maps. You have the general overall map of the game world (which is very general & is mainly used for fast travel) & the mini map in the corner of the screen so you can see what's immediately around you (and even then you have to equip an accessory for enemies, chests, & harvest points to show up on it, meaning it's very bare bones at default), but there's no way to access a comprehensive map of the area you're currently in.

This isn't much of a problem in towns or the over world, but it'd be very welcome to have them in dungeons (especially later on once they start becoming larger). It'd even be good if you had to find them in the dungeons before you could use them (like in Zelda).

A pretty small complaint in an otherwise very fun game, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Anyone else ready for Tales of Arise this weekend!

I was originally planning on holding off on it until later, but I couldn't resist getting caught up in the launch hype, lol. Oh well, it'll certainly last long enough to justify full price.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

VoidofLight

@RR529 I wish I could get it, but I haven't finished Berseria yet, and I have to wait until Christmas to get anymore games.

Nephestinus

@RR529 ME!
I'm so excited to get it I've pre-ordered it and all the trailers told me this is a must-have.
One of the reasons I got a PS5 is now near.
The only thing I'm waiting for now are Project: Athia (now called Forspoken) and FF16.

Nephestinus

RR529

@VoidofLight, Berseria's a pretty good game itself (I just played it myself last year). Have fun!

@Nephestinus, yeah, I pre-ordered it too (though just last night so it'll already be downloaded).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

BruceCM

Yep, although I'm playing FF IV PR & then Life is Strange True Colors before getting into that, @RR529 .... I got a discount key awhile ago, too, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

VoidofLight

@RR529 I'm towards the end already, and it's been loads of fun I got to the fight with Aifread, and this game really knows how to pull on your heart strings where characters are concerned.

Pizzamorg

RR529 wrote:

Anyone else ready for Tales of Arise this weekend!

I was originally planning on holding off on it until later, but I couldn't resist getting caught up in the launch hype, lol. Oh well, it'll certainly last long enough to justify full price.

I think I am going to wait until it is on sale. Not particularly pleased about the monetisation and general lack of exposure these practices have been given by some outlets. Plus, while there was lots I enjoyed in the demo, a lot of it was just really overwhelming and not in the fun way. I was kind of hoping that it would feel better in the main game when you've worked your way through the systems from the start but reading some reviews, that seems like it may not be the case.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg Yeah, the combat isn't for everyone. Also, by monetization, what do you mean? Isn't the game pretty much singleplayer only?

Ralizah

I still have cheap copies of Vesperia DE and Berseria to dig into first.

Really not a fan of the way combat works in these games based on the demos I've played, but I'm willing to try a couple and see if other elements win me over.

Arise does look VERY pretty.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic