Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,675

Dezzy

VoidofLight wrote:

Chapter 13 is probably the part of the game where I just sort of felt eh. I didn't like how it was structured.

Yeah Chapter 13 in the launch version of the game was a complete nightmare. It's much better today though because you can skip most of the Noctis part and do it with Gladio and Ignis instead. It's shorter with them, and also plays better.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

@Dezzy That's true, and that's what I did.. however, even though it's shorter with them, you still miss out on a bit of context that you can only get if you're playing Noctis' part of the chapter.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Magician

So the next FF spinoff is a soulborne developed by the Nioh team at Koei Tecmo?

Should be interesting.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@Magician I mean, that’s still an unproved rumor.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy Mmhmm... I’ll need to finish chapter 13 before I tackle Episode Prompto but I’ve gone though I’d guess half of Epsiode Gladio, and it’s a very hard challenge even on easy.

There’s little chance to manual save so I was apprehensive about stopping, even though I’d been playing for three hours. Thank god for auto saves.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Dezzy

@TheJGG

Lol that's a "no".

VoidofLight

I mean, if I remember correctly, the DLC episodes don't unlock straight away.

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

I'm pretty sure you remember incorrectly. I think the DLC just warns you if you haven't finished the game yet, but you can still play them at any time you want.

crashcontrol

I got too the final area in ff6 and the fact that I have to use every one of my party members there is dumb. Got stuck on a couple of bosses due to that and the only way I could progress to grind with everyone for hours just to get good enough spells on them to deal decent damage.
I’m debating just giving up on this game and looking up the ending online since I am literally at the end of the game.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Eel

The VIP Mog group.

Anyhow, you could go also out and train at the dinosaur forest for a bit, you can use your strongest Sabin as a babysitter for the other guys.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

crashcontrol

Okay so I took the advice you guys gave me and tried it.Yesterday I grinded for a while and gave everyone Ultima.Today I got to the final tried for a bit but gave up at the final boss, so I looked up the ending lol.
I enjoyed the game I just don’t feel like grinding anymore for hours just to beat one boss.

Edited on by crashcontrol

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Eel

There might be new versions of Final Fantasy 3 and 4 happening sometime soon. SE just updated the games on android and iOS to specifically include “3D REMAKE” in the titles and icons of both of those games.

Who knows the switch might even get them if they do indeed happen.

Bloop.

VoidofLight

I wish we’d get a proper remake of 6.

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

There might be new versions of Final Fantasy 3 and 4 happening sometime soon. SE just updated the games on android and iOS to specifically include “3D REMAKE” in the titles and icons of both of those games.

😲😲😲
FF 3 & 4 3D Remake with possibility for Switch / PS4 ???

Anti-Matter

Eel

The 3D remakes are the DS versions we have had on the mobile stores for almost a decade. The new versions, if they indeed happen, could also be 3D though. IDK.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

I can't see them remaking 3 and 4 in full 3D like with 7's remake. They'd probably go with the graphical style of the Final Fantasy Adventure remake.

The stories are a bit generic however, especially for Final Fantasy tiles, so I'm not sure why they'd spend much time remaking those two specifically.

Eel

Perhaps they could be planning on making new 2D versions that follow the same graphical style as all their other 2D remakes on mobile.

Bloop.

Eel

A collection would be really cool, though why would they only change the name of the 3D games, and not the others in the collection?

(then again they could just get rid of the original versions of the 2D ones!)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

Eel wrote:

Oh god, please be in the Octopath Traveler visual style. I'd really have a Limit Break for that one.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic