Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,296 of 1,296

Zeldafan79

@BruceCM
I'm playing the translated Nes rom. I decided to kick it old school. I don't really care for the ugly visuals in the DS version. It hasn't aged well. Gives me PS1 flash backs ugh!

Zeldafan79

BruceCM

Perhaps because I played that 1st I quite like the style of the DS one, @Zeldafan79 .... Let us know how you get on with it, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zeldafan79

@BruceCM
The cutscenes are nice and I'm sure they fixed or tweaked alot of issues with the original. I'll give it that. I guess i just wanted to stick with the versions that were released first. I'm a sucker for the Nes and snes graphics! I might still try the DS game someday.

Zeldafan79

Wargoose

I'm thinking about playing through FFVII Remake again, might give hard mode a go. Shame the Yuffie DLC is PS5 only. I can't justify the price to upgrade at the moment.

Wargoose

BruceCM

That's cool, @Zeldafan79 .... Just I'm not sure about some of the gameplay changes, so I wouldn't be as well able to help with particularly later parts of it Hopefully, there'd be someone around here more familiar with the older version if needed

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@Wargoose

I'm deliberately waiting for Part 2 to come out before I replay Remake. I figure that way enough time will have passed that it will feel almost like a new experience again! Also, playing them straight after each other will be cool.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Most likely X, when I do get around to it. I was debating between starting with that one or VI.

Currently playing: Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee!, Trials of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 3 (CoM/Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

BruceCM

Well, that's a good one, @Tyranexx .... We'll be here to offer any help needed, as usual! Since it's pretty linear, there's not many times where you can get lost, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699

TheJGG

@Tyranexx AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!

X is a fantastic game, the characters and storyline are quite good for an FF game. I'm not an expert at all but I almost beat the game last year. Damn Evrae boss fight was the reason I deleted my save and started over.

Edited on by TheJGG

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

I stream sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/c/JedgamesGUY

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I'll definitely pop in here again when I do start playing! Linearity doesn't bother me as long as it isn't too handhold-y (Hello modern Pokemon lol) and the story and characters are both decent.

@TheJGG I intentionally know little about X outside of the premise, but even I know what famous (or infamous) moment you're referencing. XD Glad to read that I'm in for another fun game!

We'll see if I feel the same about X-2 lol. I've heard mixed things about that one. I have the Japanese version where both games are on the cartridge, so I'll at least try it out.

Currently playing: Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee!, Trials of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 3 (CoM/Switch)

BruceCM

Well, the characters & story are great, @Tyranexx .... there's certainly some difficult bits, too, if you want to do everything X-2 is still good but quite different in tone but we'll see how you like it when you get to that

SW-4357-9287-0699

TheJGG

@Tyranexx Nah, it's a great game. Only downside is that I had to download the entire Final Fantasy X-2 game digitally, meaning more precious SD card space. I wish I had just the one cartridge, playing Switch games off the carts is a good quality.

Bigger games I always try to get physical otherwise I'd run out of space fast. I made an exception with Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age because of the digital discount, but that's about it.

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

I stream sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/c/JedgamesGUY

TheJGG#7752 - Discord

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Tyranexx

@BruceCM My intention is to go into X-2 with an open mind. Whether or not I finish it will entirely depend lol.

@TheJGG I managed to grab an import copy off of Amazon US that someone was selling a couple years ago. It was a bit pricey, but once you factored in how much I would've had to pay to PlayAsia, it was almost a wash. It boggles my mind that they could dump both games onto one cart for some regions (Japan and Asia) but went the half-and-half route for others. Likely to save on costs.

I much prefer physical over digital when I have the option, but I'm not against the latter if it's significantly cheaper than the former.

Zeldafan79

I think I'm really starting to like Final Fantasy 3! I've been playing it for the first time and It's clearly the best of the Nes games! The music is really good. I got to the point where your boat gets an upgrade and basically becomes a transformer! Then while exploring i found this little island with a ship wreck nearby and oh my goodness that tune that's playing is gorgeous! Amazing how you can get such an emotional response from bleeps and bloops! Can't believe i never played this until now.

Have a listen!

Zeldafan79

BruceCM

Oh, I know where you are in the game, @Zeldafan79 .... Do keep us posted on it!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
I have finished FF III NDS since year 2014.
It was my first Original NDS game i got from my friend's order.
I thought i will get the used copy but no.
I got the sealed condition with very cheap price and my friend said he bought from play-asia.
And that was my first knowledge about play-asia and Ebay to order imported games.

Top 7 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic