Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 4,673

Maxenmus

Untitled
What do you think of these babies? lol

It all started when I first heard that the pre-order and early physical copies of Digimon Survive come with special promo Digimon cards. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case with western countries like America, but Singapore is one of the lucky ones to have such exclusives, so I had to seize this fated opportunity to buy the physical copy, even though I've already bought the game on Steam - which Valve has kindly refunded me just now.

But while there at my local game shop, I went on my obligatory window shopping, see what other games I could buy, so on top of Digimon Survive, I've also bought the two Fire Emblem games on Switch (Three Houses and Three Hopes), plus AI: The Somnium Files, a visual novel I've heard great praises but never found the right moment to buy.

Quite a haul, I would say. Guess I'll be spending quite a bit of time on my Switch! 😆

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Snatcher

@Maxenmus Oh boy what a trove!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Flippy

@Maxenmus Those are some great purchases! I haven't tried the FE games - I plan to, eventually - but have heard great praises, and surely you can't go wrong with either of them. AI: The Somnium Files is easily one of my favorites. It may start out a bit slow (imo), but if you stick to it you're in for a treat. I remember getting some performance issue towards the end though, so I'm getting the sequel on PC 😛

Currently playing:

Switch: Omori, ACNH
PC: Danganronpa V3

Switch Friend Code: SW-6454-7474-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 2380-4129-0961

Maxenmus

Flippy wrote:

It may start out a bit slow (imo), but if you stick to it you're in for a treat.

Yeah, that's how a lot of visual novels are like. lol I'm used to having that kind of patience from reading so many of them.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1doesmath

I bought all these yesterday and the ladder today.

Mega Man: The Power Battle
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Pikuniku
Encore DLC (Sonic Mania)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
Avenging Spirit

dysgraphia awareness human

Tyranexx

SugarKane wrote:

I found a copy of ‘Xenoblade Chronicles 2’ on eBay for a reasonable price. Slightly nervous about starting at as it seems to garner quite a lot of polarising opinions, people seem to either love or hate it.

What the game does well, it does really well. However, its flaws are more noticeable than with previous XC titles. Don't get me wrong, it's still a very good game and is worth playing. But the first set such a high bar for the series.

I also suggest grabbing Torna at some point if you like XC2, but I recommend playing the base game first since the former can ruin some plot reveals.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sisilly_G

Digimon Survive
Played it only briefly. Look forward to playing some more soon, but I'm totally engrossed in Super Mario Odyssey again after 4 years, so much so that it's disrupting my sleep. I'll probably have all of the moons found within a couple of weeks.

I was also panicking a few minutes ago, fearing that I had missed out on Tetris Effect Connected via LRG, but the pre-order window was still open. I was initially going to pick up the boxed edition for that 3-disc soundtrack, and I was willing to accept that US$60 premium, but not the additional US$30 premium that would have added to the already stupidly expensive shipping! (US$72?! Are you freaking kidding me?) Not willing to spend the extra AU$130 for three CDs, I swapped Tetris for the standalone version instead, which brought the shipping cost down to a slightly less outrageous US$44.

I also pre-ordered the Steelbook editions of DOOM Eternal and Good Pizza, Great Pizza.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Fizza

Just picked up Capcom Fighting Collection and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection through the Capcom Fighting Bundle!
Untitled
Untitled
The story behind me getting this is an absolute doozy let me tell you. So, for the longest while, I've always been an outsider looking in when it came to Street Fighter: loved watching it, loved looking into it and all that kind of stuff but I never actually played any entries in the series. That was until Capcom themselves put the original Street Fighter 2 up for free with Capcom Arcade Stadium (for a limited time if I'm not mistaken). Immensely intrigued, I downloaded both CAS and SF2 the moment I could and the next day I played it for the first time....and immediately hated it. No matter what I tried to do, it just seemed impossible to land moves without getting destroyed in turn. I was about to drop it entirely when I decided to give it one last go as Ken and the minute I did.....everything clicked. I was able to properly space my attacks so as to not trade, I started noticing enemy patterns and I even started to (barely) get the hang of special moves. Fast forward to today and not only have I beaten Arcade mode with half the roster (Ken, Chun Li, Ryu and E. Honda) but I can also do a Hadoken with my eyes closed (Shoryuken.....not so much). I enjoyed my time so much in fact that I was itching to play more games in the series (particularly the Alpha and 3 series) and, in an insanely brilliant twist of fate, Capcom had made a bundle of the two collections I've mentioned previously available for €10 less than it would've been separately! I jumped at the chance, picked them up today and am having a blast. I've only played SF2: Champion edition and Street Fighter Alpha as of now but even now, Alpha has been an absolute joy to play for the first time (Guy is so much fun man) and SF2: CE is no slouch either. Overall, I went from nothing to everything in this series in the span of a month. How's that for efficiency?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@SugarKane Yep, I second looking up guides and videos on XC2's combat. It isn't bad at explaining the basics per se, but some of the more intricate systems...oof. There's a boss fight later in the game that almost requires some level of mastery of the combat system; things didn't really start clicking for me until then lol.

Torna is very worth it, but digital is usually your best bet unless you can find the physical version for an agreeable price (rare).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

MarioBrickLayer

I had a delivery from Red Art Games; Young Souls, Windjammers 2 and Blazing Chrome.

I think the Young Souls box art is great!

MarioBrickLayer

Tyranexx

Xenoblade Chronicles 3...FINALLY.

NintendoByNature

Doom eternal for only about $1.50 since I have quite a bit of gold coins.

NintendoByNature

WaffleBoat

I bought Enter The Gungeon on switch for about $10 (using gold points) to play it again bc my Xbox saves got corrupted. ETG is a really good game for those who haven't played it. easily top ten for me.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Magician

LoveKami Trilogy
Astalon: Tears of the Earth
Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tyranexx

AI: The Somnium Files since it's currently 80% off on the eShop.

ophone

Picked up at a store where I ordered the game:
Untitled

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Magician

Quake
Dusk
Infernax
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Kirby And the Forgotten Land
There is No Game: Wrong Dimension

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic