Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 4,694

Maxenmus

@NeonPizza Yeah, maybe you're right. I think it's the culture of things, how the mass media fill their heads with those shiny games. Plus, with everything being remastered, it breeds apathy towards older games since everything's handed to them in a new shiny repackage.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Haha Yeah. I just don't think he does the whole forum thing anymore. I have him as a friend on my PS4 and he pops on every so often on that. In fact just looking at his profile now he was last on his PS4 20 days ago. It's just I am never on my PS4 anymore since that's packed away, just Switch and Xbox here for right now. Maybe once I get back into my place and hook up the PS4 I will message him there.

Yeah I see Ogo pop in every so often. The one dude I miss is Shydar use to love talking to him on all things retro.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryu_Niiyama

Live A Live
Xenoblade 3.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

Live A Live
Endling - Extinction is Forever
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Crysis 2
Mushihimesama
#Drive
Fatal Twelve

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Nah, I don't see myself getting a PS5. I managed to snag an Xbox Series X a few years ago when everything was shutdown. To be quite honest with the Switch and my retro consoles and the Xbox I don't need another console. I was never big into the whole PS VR thing so that doesn't interest me at all and I am not interested in any of Sony's exclusives at the moment. Pretty much if I can't get a game on Switch, that's what the Xbox is for.

My Backlog

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer No, not yet.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Nah, I haven't. To be honest VR has never interested me. Even back during the Wii era I couldn't get behind waggle controls. Yeah a few games like Star Wars The Force Unleashed they were great but more often the not they just felt gimmicky and unneeded. To me I enjoy gaming best sitting on my couch controller in hand, not strapped up in suits wearing helmets and visors like some kind of 80s Sci fi flick. I know I am probably missing out some cool ***** but I rather watch someone play something like that rather then play it myself.

My Backlog

Maxenmus

@Tasuki Yeah, it is gimmicky. Plus, it makes the gamer look kinda dumb and goofy, just you strapped up to these tacky goggles and interacting with empty air.

I do like the concept of interacting with my games on a more immersive level that the VR is trying to introduce, but I feel like our technology is still not nearly advanced enough yet for the VR not to feel like a gimmicky attempt at optical illusion. Besides, the 3DS does optical illusion in a more practical way anyway that doesn't make me feel like an idiot waving my hands around in midair, and I barely used it.

I'm telling you, man: the holodeck. Get on it, Nintendo, you can do it. Give me my holodeck, and while you're at it, maybe introduce the world to the hoverboard as well.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Maxenmus

@NeonPizza I mean, sorry I care about how I look, I guess. lol Even if it's when I'm gaming. I mean, hey, if it works for you, it works for you, but I find it kinda dumb-looking. No offense.

Also, yes, I called it gimmicky because it looks like a cheap gimmick to get me to pay money. I know what it's like. I've tried VR before so it's not as if I don't know. I just don't want to pay so much for something worth so little to me.

I mean, innovation is great and all, but not all of us earn 5k per month to try everything Nintendo churns out, regardless if we'll like it or not. I'm all for supporting the industry when it appeals to me, not because some stranger on an Internet forum told me it innovates the gaming industry.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Maxenmus

@NeonPizza I've tried a demo before in some convention. They had No Man's Sky VR, and I thought it was okay, but not mindblowingly amazing or anything.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Maxenmus

@NeonPizza I mean, I get that you're obviously enthusiastic about VRs, but I don't see why one insignificant person like me (from a tiny country like Singapore no less) writing it off is such a big deal. Maybe I'll try it, maybe I won't, but dismissing my opinion and calling my remarks ridiculous isn't exactly going to persuade me any.

And besides, what I wrote was more of a offhand casual remark I said off the top of my head. I wasn't even that serious about swearing off VRs. I might even try it again in the future for all you know.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Vesperyn

Switch Oled alongside Metroid Dread from Amazon and a used BoTW if that counts

Vesperyn

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

@Maxenmus
Dismissing a technology like VR which is booming with potential, after playing just one mediocre VR game for 10 minutes at a convention years ago doesn't make sense to me. Just saying dude. You dont know how great it is, nor can you form a decent opinion, unless you've played and beaten some of the more popular higher-tier titles.

But even then, you might not dig it. Some people also get motion sickness and can never get past it.

Well, like I said, I might try it in the future, but I still stand by my initial impression, so it's not high on my priority list. It was just my first impression of the VR, and I'm sorry if that upset you, but it is what it is, my genuine reaction.

For what it's worth, when I bought my PS5, I nearly bought a set of VR goggles too, but IIRC, the retail owner told me to wait as the current goggles they had weren't compatible for the PS5 or something, and Sony's coming up with one that is.

But at the end of the day, I guess I just don't like to spend extravagant amount of money for games or hardware I'm halfhearted about, especially when I don't earn much in the first place. That's why I've always been late when it comes to trending games and movies; I would only buy them when I felt like it, or if I have spare cash to spare. I don't like the idea of me buying into the hype of things; it has led me astray before because, as I've learned time and again, what everyone else loves might not be something I personally love.

NeonPizza wrote:

Keep in mind too, that VR headsets will gradually shrink, become slimmer and lighter over time. Meta has already done this with Quest Pro arriving this october. Looks much slimmer than the Quest 2 which launched 3 years ago. So you wont have to be concerned how you look, because you'll be VRn' in style lol

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/8VHj7UVR3jVJhFjt85ofK9.png

That does look rather sleek, I'd admit.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Don't get me.wrong VR is nice, and it's interesting technology and great to see improvemts in gaming but I have always kept things simple. I tried a few things with the Wii motion controls and even Kinect and most of it just seemed gimmicky or like tech demos. Maybe cause it was in its early stages and the hottest Thing, I don't know. Who knows maybe at some point I will try it out again but I am in no rush.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@NeonPizza See I didn't mind the GameCube especially alot of the third party titles. Titles like Soul Calibur 2 and Simpsons Hit and Run just looked better on the Cube then the PS2 and Xbox. Rampage Total Destruction was awesome. The on Nintendo system I couldn't get into was the N64 except for GoldenEye, Ocarina of Time and the WWE games I really didn't play the N64, it's was all Playstation for me.

I loved the Virtual Console on the Wii and I admit, that was the selling point for me. I totally went to town buying up VC games. Old classics and games that I missed. I will admit I too love how if you tilted the wiimote it became a NES controller. The big games for me on the Wii was

Star Wars Forced Unleashed
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports
Resident Evil 4
NSMBW

I am sure there are a few more I am missing but that's all I can remember now. As for Skyward Sword I want to get it on the Switch and try it with the normal controls. I have it on the Wii got the Sepcial Edition that came with the Gold Wiimote and CD but by the time I got it I was so done with waggle controls. Kirby Return to Dreamland is one that I wanted to play but never got around to it.

I did have a Wii U, still do as a matter of fact but to be honest I didn't play it much. The lack of third party support and the fact that you had to rebuy all your VC games again just killed it for me on the Wii U. I think I have 5 games on the Wii U including the pack in game Nintendoland. Heck I didn't even play New Super Mario Bros U till it came to the Switch!! Right after the N64 the Wii U is my least favorite Nintendo system.

Have you tried the Joycons in the holder thing when playing the Switch?

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Tasuki

@NeonPizza I wasn't too worried about the Wii VC. At the time all my retro gaming treasures were in storage due to me moving around at the time plus at the time I was still rocking a CRT TV I actually didn't get a flat-screen LED TV until midway through the Wii's life cycle. I remember when I first heard that we will be able to play NES, SNES etc games on the Wii I think that was when they were still calling it the Revolution and I thought what an perfect name!!! I remember running over to my friends apartment at the time and declaring that I am going back with Nintendo this gen!! (We both grew up with the big N but the past few years drifted towards Sony).

As for the Wii U yeah I jumped onto the whole Wii U band wagon when it was announced, how could I not be especially after the great job the did with the Wii, even though by the end of the Wiis lifespan it was a torrent of Shovelware. I thought the Wii U was the next evolution of the Wii and was finally able to compete with MS and Sony. Finally going HD output, a tablet so you can still play your game when the TV is in use sign me up, which is why I bought it at launch. Then the problems arose. No third party support, have to rebuy VC games you already bought some VC games weren't allowed and the biggest disappointment the tablet. What was the point of it if I couldn't walk 5 feet away from the console with it?? And what happened with the promise of being able to use 2 tablets on one Wii U (another lie by the great Regginator) Where is Madden, Call of Duty, even GTA Skyrim?? In alot of ways the Switch for me is what the Wii U should have been.

Speaking of the Switch, I do have the Online pass mainly for the VC games I don't play games online and I have to say I am pleased. Funny thing is I haven't played the games on the TV, I play them in handheld mode. I have the new OLED Switch since some no good member of the Foot Clan stole my Switch after my house fire, I figure if I got to get a new one, might as well be the new model! With the OLED the look nice and crisp the colors really pop when I play SMW. My biggest problem with the VC games is I don't like how they drip feed us games, I wish they would give use the whole catalog of games like they did with the Wii 3DS and Wii U and we can purchase them via the eShop individually, but I guess they wouldn't have much of a catalog with companies doing Collections like Konami is with TMNT games.

Back to Wii U (I know my thoughts are all over the place today lol) as I said before I only bought VC games that weren't on the Wii Earthbound being one of them so I can retire my cartridge and a few of the GBA games that I missed. My problem was I didn't like how the GBA games looked on the television, honestly I would have preferred GBA games on the 3DS VC, another odd choice by Nintendo.

Anyway that's all I have for now as I need to get back to work before Burn Thompson comes busting in on a new Turtle scoop!!! Hahaha

My Backlog

KilloWertz

I know I'm far from the first person to post this in this thread, but I just bought a Switch OLED on Amazon. This will be my first Nintendo console since the original NES.

I also think this is one of if not my first post here, but I was more into sports games and online for a while, so Nintendo stuff didn't really interest me much after the NES. The PS3 changed gaming for me as I went strictly single player after experiencing some of their glorious single player games. The desire to shake things up and try some new things, especially JRPG experiences like Fire Emblem: Three Houses and the Xenoblade Chronicles series, finally won and I should have my Switch tomorrow. I may not do much with online gaming, but I will still post my Network ID in the proper thread when the time comes.

My first two purchases digitally (since a lot of the games from the last few years and beyond are out of print in the US) will unsurprisingly be Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition tomorrow.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

CurryPowderKeg79

Just pre-ordered Xenoblade Chronicles 3 but it won't arrive till Tuesday the 2nd of Aug.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic