Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 3,568

Maxenmus

It's a long time ago, but it's probably my pre-order of Chaos;Head Noah Double Pack on Switch. It contains the (very, very late) English localization of Chaos;Head Noah and Chaos;Child, both visual novels I've been looking forward to playing for a very long time. It's being shipped out on October.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

NeonPizza

Xeno Crisis
I enjoyed Super Smash TV back on the SNES, and XC received handfuls of solid reviews so i decided to take the plunge. It's...Alright? I guess. I dont know, It's not a very good looking retro throw back either compared to something like Huntdown or Katana Zero. Need to give it a bit more time, but so far it's not really winning me over. The Messenger was another that eventually became a stale hat, they had the right intenstions and i absolutely adore the Commodre 64 influenced hybrid sounding score but opting for a MetroidVania ninja-gaiden styled action platformer I guess didn't wind up clicking with me.

Anyways, I'd rather have my $13 back thank you very much. The downside to being a mostly digitally dooder! Nothing to sell, only to dwell. lol Oh, and speaking of Huntdown & Katana Zero. Those two are definitely NeonPizza-Approved.

Also, just ordered a Physical copy of TMNT: Shredder's Revenge from LimitedRunGames. I mean, i had to. This release is kind of a big deal for us toitle' fans, even if it winded up costing me almost 3 times as much(Including shipping) as the digital release.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/products/shredder...

Too bad it wont actually arrive until probably late December. Ugh.

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

trevpimp

Just got Big Brain Academy: Brain vs Brain

Game is super cool if you're trynna up your game you gotta beat higher scores (harder) if you want to reach higher medals so yeah

trevpimp

TheJGG

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. It emulates the FE style perfectly, blending strategy and social elements from FETH with classic hack and slash (though more strategic). Story's great, and I've only played through half of one route. Ferdinand's great in it by the way. Rest in peace, Billy Kametz.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Animal Crossing: NH (NS)
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

If you use my Friend Code, please tag me first. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

StarPoint

I just got Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. I haven't yet had the chance to play it, but 3D World is one of my favorite games of all time and it's been a few years since I played it last. I've also heard that Bowser's Fury is an excellent addition, so I can't wait to check that out as well.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)
NieR:Automata (PC)

Watchman

@NeonPizza I love XC and I think it looks great. I also think that it was made to run on a Sega Genesis, which is why it doesn't look new and flashy. If I had that game on a 16-bit console, it would have been my favorite game from that era.

Watchman

NeonPizza

@Watchman
It was designed to run on Genesis? Ah, well that makes sense since it totally looks the part.
limited color pallette and all.

Tasuki

@NeonPizza I just ordered my physical copy of Shredder's Revenge today. I went with the middle option, scoring that awesome nostalgia filled VHS sleeve and of course my Pizza Hut coupon. As I said before I am limiting my special edition purchases but the 10 year old in me had to have that swag.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NeonPizza

@Tasuki
Nice! I ended up going for just the standard physical release. Was going to go all out with the mega bundle, but like you said, most of that junk would of probably just been thrown on eBay. I'd rather go for legit late 80's/early 90's turtles merchandize than the modern stuff anyways, so. But that VHS sleeve and Pizza Hut coupon are definitely a nice touch. And geez, this forum feels like a total ghost town at times when it comes to conversations about older 8-16 bit titles. Bah, us late 30's & early 40 year olds are a rare breed in the Switch forum I guess! It's turned into a gamecube plaza.

Edited on by NeonPizza

MarioBrickLayer

I really wanted The Hong Kong Massacre, which I was going to order from Play Asia, but after a suggestion from @RupeeClock I ordered it from videogamesplus.ca instead (free shipping) I also ordered Monkey Barrels and Neon Abyss - a LRG retail release I missed. The delivery arrived yesterday, it took about a month to arrive, partly due to The Hong Kong Massacre being a pre-order.

Coincidently, Gunborg from Red Art Games also arrived yesterday.

MarioBrickLayer

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Yep that's my biggest complaint about this site now and why I don't post much anymore. Like I said before once James left this site took a dive. It's even bad when you look on The Latest Retro Purchase thread and someone posts a post saying Super Mario Sunshine or Wii Sports even. I just shake my head. I wish there was a site that caters to the 8bit/16bit era but I guess that's just not a thing anymore.

My Backlog

NeonPizza

@Tasuki
Yup, the retro forum is practically dead, and those that seldemly talk about the SNES(I guess the NES is too old & dated for these Gen Z goobers to appreciate)are pretty much teenagers and early 20-something year olds that have only recently discovered and played them for the first time. I don't even bother checking that side of the forum out anymore.

I rememeber back in around 2010, 2011, we used to post pictures of the latest 8-16 bit game we purchased, random vintage stuff like Ninja Turtle figures, even california raisins(hah! one of my favorite toy lineups) or 80's Mcdonalds toys, vintage board games, you name it. Back when this site used to be a lot more colorful, loud and fun during the Wii era. That's when it was in it's prime imo. It was like a mini retro haven.

But ya, your best bet when it comes to finding channels that are geared towards the 80's & 90's generations of gaming, with older subcribers would be YouTube Channels like MyRetroLife. Then there's The Happy console gamer or even Stuttering Craig's new-ish channel from ScrewAttack.

As for NL, i recognize, like...4 people that used to post during the very early 2010's and that's it. 99% of those decade+ dooders are long gone. I dont know if I'll stay here much longer. I enjoy commenting in the Switch forum, but it just isn't the same.

Edited on by NeonPizza

Kermit1

@NeonPizza I'm Gen Z'er (ew x100). I'll make a friendly comment on your comment.

In this day and age for a youngin like myself it's hard to find retro consoles for good prices and add the prices for retro games skyrocketing to the moon recently. Even systems like the DS are now becoming hard to find, and if games from retro consoles get ported to modern systems in the form of a collection or remastered version a lot of the time it's a situation of "oh, cool retro games". But on the other hand I see retro games and consoles as an awesome piece of history, for my birthday this year I got the NSO NES controllers because they were on sale (lol) and I really wantes NES controllers. I once played a NES with my older cousin (he was like 20 something) on a cube CRT TV and we played Super Mario Bros. and I got my first taste of what retro gaming was.

I'd love to post about my retro finds but I forget a lot of the time, sorry, and I love everyone on here it feels so fresh and I get to talk to people about games I like and life.

If I'm just rambling to you, @ about it.

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

#TeamSlime

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Yea I don't check the retro section to often myself, There are a few threads I will post in but not to many mostly stuff like the movie thread or the wrestling thread general threads like that. I don't even post in the retro thread, last time I did my post just was ignored and overshadowed by GameCube posts and crap like that.

Sometimes I wish I had a Doc Brown style DeLorean and go back to 2010 when this place was poppin for retro goodness.

My Backlog

SoulChimera

Waited until the very last moment and spent the last hour trying to convince myself to either buy it or be sensible and leave it.

The stupid collector side of me won and I purchased,

Untitled

I hate myself. Haha.

SoulChimera

RubyCarbuncle

@NeonPizza Hey sorry to butt in but I sort of feel the same way. I didn't join until 2013 originally but I did visit this website a LOT before then. You're right it isn't quite the same but that being said things change they never stay the same and I still appreciate what they do here. Still though it would be nice if we had our own time machine so we could go back to those golden days wouldn't it so to speak.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

Sparrow5579

Purchased Earth Defence Force World Brothers on sale last night. Perfect supplement game for heavy RPGs that I mainly play. I love the mindless fun that can be had and it's a series full of nostalgia for me as I used to get it as a kid when there was no YouTube reviews or a thousand clips and you would just go by what's on the package ūüėā I think I saw EDF and immediately thought I get to play starship troopers the game sign me up ūüėā

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

NeonPizza

@Tasuki
2013 - 2022 has made me appreciate how things were back in 2006-2012
I'm mixed on Streaming alone. On one hand, it's extremely convenient, on the other hand it's too convenient to the point where most of the movies end up feeling like throwaways simply because it makes you feel like you're a kid in a candy store with an infinant wallet. I've got to sift through sooo much junk and a lot of stuff i wouldn't dare to watch. I dont know, there's something about buying a physical movie(like lets say Nausica from Studio Ghibli for example) and watching it vs the streamed version. With the physical copy. I mean you're deditcated for one thing, and there may be a bit of bias towards your purchase because of the amount of money you paid to get it.

Either way, i dont watch a lot of new movies anymore, not really a big movie guy these days unfortunately, or fortunately, i dont know. The film industry has gotten pretty stale, and nothing is evolving especially when compared to the Video Game industry. I just fall back on the older stuff, including cartoons & anime and sometimes will check out the odd new movie release or Series.

Mad God & Stranger Things Season 4 were pretty solid for ex

Edited on by NeonPizza

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic