Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,302

BabyYoda71

A lot of people have been suggesting this game for me. I think I want it, but I don’t know much about it. What is it about? What type of people is it for? Other than RPG, what genre is it?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Quarth

@BabyYoshi65 I thought you decided already. 😂

Here you can read about the game’s story and characters:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-de...

It’s not a game for everyone, but if you like epic stories set in huge open worlds, it’s a game for you. It’s a JRPG with a unique battle system that’s hard to explain. You have to experience it. Look up gameplay videos and reviews on YouTube.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Otoemetry

Has everyone received their limited edition versions ordered from Nintendo store UK? I received a note from Royal Mail telling me the sender paid insufficient postage! 🤬😖

Otoemetry

Buizel

@BabyYoshi65 RPG with open world aspects. Reminds me a lot of MMORPGs in some ways - including the battle system, which uses auto-attacks with a number of menu-selected attacks with cool-down.

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

BabyYoshi65 wrote:

A lot of people have been suggesting this game for me. I think I want it, but I don’t know much about it. What is it about? What type of people is it for? Other than RPG, what genre is it?

It's for people who love epic stories. Love exploring huge worlds, and enjoy levelling characters and building a party.

If you like at least 2 out of 3 of those factors, you're guaranteed to like this.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

BabyYoshi65 wrote:

It is a remake of a critically acclaimed Wii JRPG that uses MMO styled combat. Which in this case, means it is a menu based RPG like you'd see in turn based games, but you move in real time and can move your character freely while in battle. The most notable thing outside of battle that makes the game feel distinct is its use of beautiful, massive environments while still keeping them separated (not going full open world) and having linear progression from area to area. The story is also highly regarded.

And it is for...people who like good story driven video games? I dunno, I love the game because I love JRPGs but I also love the game despite not liking MMOs. Though I will say, at the time it got a lot of attention for basically being the best of JRPGs while ditching the worst and least fun elements of it (and was often used as a contrast to the incredibly linear, no exploration allowed until late game, Final Fantasy XIII).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

@BabyYoshi65

It's very much a JRPG, with lots of combat, some hamhanded dialogue, and a lengthy story. It does some things better than many JRPGs such as it's story, sidequests, and extensive world, and does somethings worse, like its dialogue and relatively dull characters.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Tyranexx

Welp, originally my copy was supposed to arrive today. Unfortunately, after Best Buy's handoff to UPS, the package was in limbo most of yesterday and all of today somewhere a couple of states away. Now the status updated to where I won't be getting this until Monday. T_T

Literally the one time I actually try to get something on release day without risking going to a store....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

That's a shame, @Tyranexx.... I'm sure it'll be worth it, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

@BruceCM I suppose good things do come to those who wait. ^_^ Still can't help but feel pretty disappointed, though....I legit took today off for this lol.

At least another game I ordered a couple of days ago, also from Best Buy, came today. But it's another long game, so I won't be digging into it. Especially since it's meant as a future gift for myself. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

JaxonH

@Tyranexx
With C19 things are shaky for delivery.

I also bought all of today’s releases digitally so it’s not a big deal for me, but I was supposed to receive 2 Xenoblade Collector editions, Bioshock Collection, Borderlands Collection and XCOM 2 from BestBuy today.

Instead, I received just one of the Xenoblade CEs and XCOM 2. No sign of the rest. In all likelihood they’ll probably be delayed until tomorrow or Monday, which sucks, because the Borderlands collection includes a download code for the Handsome Collection, which means I didn’t buy it digitally yet, and am waiting on the physical game to get the download code. Irritating, for sure.

What other game did you get, just out of curiosity.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

@JaxonH Yep, I've experienced a couple of non-game delays via Amazon, one as long as a month. Normally I'm not too fussed when something that I ordered arrives as long as it comes at all as I usually buy it far in advance of when I'll need it. I normally don't pre-order games and often get them at my own pace, but I was excited enough to do so for XC:DE. I could just go out and hunt for a copy in-stores, but specialty stores like GS are still closed here and I don't wanna risk hitting up various Walmarts...especially on a weekend. Plus I don't wanna go through the hassle of dealing with returns online or otherwise; the closest BB to me is over an hour away.

The Switch game I did receive today is Dragon Quest XI S. BB had it on sale for $44.99 on Wednesday and I jumped at the chance. The irony is I figured I'd receive it AFTER Xenoblade. I won't be playing it for awhile, however.

Dezzy

Quarth wrote:

Untitled

Look at that! A bug! 😅

Lol, they've managed to add a bug that didn't exist in the original. It truly must be a remake after all.

scoobdoo

Basically, it looks as bad as everybody’s been saying. Such a shame that in 2020 we have to put up with sub 720p resolution.

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

Grumblevolcano

Anyone know what the exclamation mark with timer next to it means regarding the quest log. I'm guessing it means expires soon but want to make sure.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I believe it means that the quest will disappear at some point if you proceed with the main story, based on my knowledge of the original.

link3710

Aurumonado

You can run from Colony 9 to Makna Forest without hitting a loading screen. If that's not a a true open world then I don't know what is.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Dezzy

link3710 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano I believe it means that the quest will disappear at some point if you proceed with the main story, based on my knowledge of the original.

Yep that's what it meant in the original.

It wasn't referring to a specific time or anything, it just meant it will expire at some point, so maybe get it done sooner rather than later.

Aurumonado wrote:

You can run from Colony 9 to Makna Forest without hitting a loading screen. If that's not a a true open world then I don't know what is.

Can you? Don't you just mean the loading screens are quick? Surely when you enter Tephra Cave from Colony 9, there's a loading screen?

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

DQXI is great but yeah, it's quite a long one, @Tyranexx .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

DenDen

@scoobdoo is this serius?
Game is and looks amazing.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen