Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,302

Quarth

@Dezzy Haha, yeah. She not only stood there... She actually walked around in the air. šŸ˜…

Playing XC again brings back so many memories. It's one of those unique games that occupies my thoughts even when I'm not playing it.

Love it to bits, even the sometimes cheesy dialogue. I get that the battle banter can be annoying to some, but I enjoy it. It feels familiar, like coming back home.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Zeldafan79

Did anyone else struggle with the vision attacks the first time? I didn't get what i was supposed to do to avoid getting horribly crushed. Especially during boss fights. I was really feeling the pressure and be like ahhhhhh what do i do!? What do i do!? I know with white arts you're supposed to use Manado shield but if the enemy used any other arts I'd be ripped apart.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Dezzy

Got it! Great so far. Docked resolution looks just fine. Hanheld looks a bit rough, but fine for just taking it on the go (can't imagine playing it primarily on handheld though).

The part that feels a massive step-up is the cutscenes. With the new character faces, new materials and motion blur, they feel a lot better than before. Whereas the environments only feel like a fairly moderate improvement over the original. Still worth the price any day though.

@Zeldafan79

I remember it being a bit unclear yes.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

This game is such a treat after playing the the Wii/3DS versions.

Itā€™s crazy how a few new character models and textures can make it look like a whole new game. Obviously itā€™s still a Wii game at its core, but it feels like a lot more than that now.

Iā€™m so glad they released this. Now we just need Xenoblade X brought over to complete the set.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Quarth

@JaxonH "Now we just need Xenoblade X brought over to complete the set."

And an announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Heavyarms55

Duuuuude Satorl Marsh looks soooooooooo good! This game is so awesome! They took an already amazing game and just made everything better! I freaking love it so much!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

Well this stinks. I was going to grab this at Wal-Mart yesterday but Amazon said my copy was ready to ship so i didnt cancel to avoid being charged for it and having the copy from Wal-Mart. Fast forward nearly 24 hours later, and it still hasn't shipped!!

NintendoByNature

Otoemetry

@link3710 yep this is correct, @Grumblevolcano be wary that there are multiple 'points of no return' where events in the story will lock you out from completing quests. I don't recommend googling it as you will undoubtedly get spoiled.

Otoemetry

Quarth

One thing I really love about XC is that you early on encounter monsters way above your own level. It gives you an incentive to return to these places later on in the game to take these beasts out.

The first time I played this game (on the 3DS), I accidentally angered the Territorial Rotbart which killed me with one single blow. But that made me decide to return when my level was comparable to that of the big scary ape creature, so that I finally could lay it to rest.

Seeing the Territorial Rotbart in all itā€™s HD glory now brings back those memories. This game... just simply amazing!

Lucarianzx

I'm getting a used new 3ds in the mail in a few days and I'm wondering if I should get definitive on Switch or play on 3ds (the previous owner had it on 3ds)

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

Quarth

@Lucarianzx Well, the DE is a visual upgrade and contains some QoL changes + an impressively long epilogue, though my heart still beats for the 3DS version as it was the first version I played. But thereā€™s no wrong way to play this game, as itā€™s a masterpiece in every format. But if you have some money over, go for the Switch version. It is worth it. But it might be an idea to try the 3DS version first, so youā€™ll know if itā€™s a game for you or not.

Edited on by Quarth

Lucarianzx

@quarth yeah that's what I was thinking, I don't want to spend $60 and then regret it.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Yep, it's why I'm holding off for the time being. XD Plus, I just finished another DQ (VIII) not too long ago.

@NintendoByNature The good news is my copy moved overnight and is currently sitting at the closest UPS distribution center. The bad news is it still won't be here until Monday as I don't believe they deliver on weekends. Why it sat for as long as it did in Oklahoma City after BB's handoff is beyond me.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BabyYoda71

After much consideration, I have narrowed my list down to 2 games. Many people are saying that Iā€™d like this if I like open-world games, but I think Breath Of The Wild is an open-world game. So which game is better?

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. Itā€™s off to work (from home) I go.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx that is frustrating. I hate watching my shipment sit in one place too long

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

I'm often puzzled by deliveries that seem to spend a long time in sorting centres, @Tyranexx but it'll arrive.... Hopefully, you do have some games to play

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Quarth

@BabyYoshi65 It depends on what you want. BotW is more ā€openā€ in its world than XC, you can go everywhere. At the same time the story telling is quite minimal, though thereā€™s plenty of lore. XC is more plot driven, but still has an impressive world. Both games are 10/10 in my book, you canā€™t go wrong with any of them. I would buy both, if I were you.

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Eh, at least I know it's close. Now I just need to while away the hours until Tuesday....I don't believe I'll get to it on Monday, unfortunately.

@BruceCM I'm never hurting for games to play these days, believe me. I'm hoping to give GRIS a try later. I bought it on sale a few months back and have heard it's a decent indie game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Mountain_Man

Love this game, and the Switch version is great. I played it originally on the 3DS, and while I liked the gameplay, the blurry low resolution visuals were hard on the eyes and made navigation difficult because everything was so indistinct. Now I can finally see where I'm going!

Surprisingly, I like the new faces. I hated how they looked in screenshots, but seeing them in motion on the Switch screen, they're actually really nice with good expressiveness.

The Mountain Man

Dezzy

@BabyYoshi65

They're both brilliant games. If you prefer story, go with Xenoblade. If you prefer gameplay, go with Zelda.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic