Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,874

iLikeUrAttitude

In other news more areas were tweeted out but I want to point attention to these certain views which have me a bit disappointed.
If you notice all the white spots then that basically confirms that they reincorporated the old collection system from XC1, which I feel was a step down since XC2's version of it I feel was basically better in every way.

What are yalls thoughts about this?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

defhed

Removed - flaming/arguing

defhed

Solaine

@iLikeUrAttitude I can't really remember it that well, but didn't you just go to those blue spots and received stuff? I only remember that you could get more when having certain blade abilites equipped. What exactly was the problem of XC1's collection system and how can you see it in the pictures?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iLikeUrAttitude

Solaine wrote:

@iLikeUrAttitude I can't really remember it that well, but didn't you just go to those blue spots and received stuff? I only remember that you could get more when having certain blade abilites equipped. What exactly was the problem of XC1's collection system and how can you see it in the pictures?

Well that is basically it, in XC1 the collection points are scattered more around the map compared to 2. And instead of stopping and picking the items you can just run through and collect them.

For XC2's version you have less but more condensed collection points that net you multiple collectibles at once.

The reason I prefer XC2's collection system over 1's is mostly due to the fact that its less RNG based and I can manipulate it more. For example I can increase the amount of collectibles dropping with the blades field skills and always make the respawn by just fast traveling. The only downside for 2's was that you couldnt skip the mini cutscene of your blades field skills, which is an easy fix.

But I think 3's version should be fine as long as we can reset spawns with fast travelling.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

defhed

defhed

BruceCM

When you make such a specific & definite claim, @defhed .... Which, after all, would be very easy to back up if there'd been anything official to support it, why wouldn't you share the evidence?
I haven't bothered to watch most of the stuff since I'm getting the game anyway, so I didn't want to get into a daft argument about it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Solaine

@iLikeUrAttitude Oh, yes i see. The thing i didn't like so much was also the constant swapping of Blades to get more flowers or other stuff, just to add to that. I also like to just quickly get over those spots and gather the stuff since it doesn't really stop the flow of the game so much.
That said, i can really understand the criticism of having less control about the whole thing. Its really too early to be worried though, who knows what changes they have made to the game

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

link3710

This Defhed guy seems completely off their rocker.

Well, in any case. I'm not too worried about collection. I just finished a 100% run of XC:DE and Future Connected, and I only had to grind like 2 or 3 items over the course of the game. As long as they don't have any of those items that only spawn in like... two specific area at certain times of day with no dialogue anywhere indicating as much (Something that shouldn't have to be specified but here we are), it should be fine.

link3710

jedgamesguy

Deaf head indeed.

Man every new piece of info we get feels like a poisoned chalice. It's so cool to see it but more and more stuff could end up spoiling the experience. I feel more likely to avoid it, but doing it for that long's not sustainable.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Have you played XC2 & Torna as well, @link3710 ....? Can't remember if you ever mentioned playing those or if you planned to, sorry

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

iLikeUrAttitude

@Solaine Yeah thats fair navigating through menus to do simple stuff like collection points can be draining, especially over long period of time. But that didn't really bother me in the long run, after all I'd rather have to deal with a few menus then lose control.

But you're right it is too early and they easily could've implemented good changes. This is one of the more minor grips I have.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

link3710

@BruceCM No worries! I've... close to 100%ed XC2. (Never was able to get Zenobia, Newt, or KOS-MOS, even after ~220 hours for a first playthrough and significant grinding of core stones. Man do I hate gatcha) I'm planning a NG+ replay of it soon, then doing Torna finally.

XCX I do actually own... and just need to dig out my Wii U to finally play.

link3710

defhed

defhed

iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

JaxonH

Anytime I see new Xenoblade 3 footage or screenshots I basically ignore it. I just wanna play the game.

Truth be told, I'm not that excited for it right now. All my hype is for Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak and Splatoon 3. I know I'll love this game to death once I play, as I did Xenoblade 1, 2 and X, but atm I'm not really feeling it (pun intended). And that's OK. Games like this, ya gotta play and start experiencing the story and growing attached to the characters first.

But basically, all this to say, that's why I haven't spent much time talking about it. I know I'm getting the Collector Edition, and will be playing Day 1, so I'd rather just wait for it to release before thinking about it. Too much excitement just waiting for Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak atm.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@iLikeUrAttitude Dude, stop talking to them. They're clearly just trolling you to get you all worked up.

@JaxonH Yeah, the CE is the main reason I'm in this thread at all. I just wanna know when it becomes available. As soon as I get that locked in, I'm checking out of spoiler land until the game launches.

link3710

iLikeUrAttitude

link3710 wrote:

@iLikeUrAttitude Dude, stop talking to them. They're clearly just trolling you to get you all worked up.

Oh don't worry this will be my last message towards him. I also sent a message to staff to put an end to this.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic