Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,800

Matt_Barber

There are a few side quests in XC3 that hint towards the bulk of Nopon living outside of human society, and that it's a rare few - particularly those with some talent for trade and engineering - who have much to do with it. With a brutal and seemingly eternal war going on, they've got reason enough to be keeping a low profile.

As for Riku being in the right place at the right time, I'd just put it down to dramatic coincidence. It's not the first time in the series that a Nopon has popped up with something utterly vital to the plot, seemingly without good reason for being there, and I doubt it'd be the last.

Matt_Barber

Kevesilanz

I've been thinking about the story expansion (Wave 4) of the DLC and have some ideas about what we could see. Heavy spoilers incoming.

I think most of us are in agreement that it'll probably focus on the founders. We know that two of the founders are past versions of Noah and Mio, but the game also hints both Shulk and Rex were two of them. The descriptions under the statues in the city are a clear indication of this. The official artwork for the expansion, showing all three "Xenoblades" also hints that all three of the protagonists will be in the expansion, maybe even playable.

Now, if true, I expect either Noah or someone new to be the main protagonist of the DLC, meeting the other party members (founders) along the way, discovering the power of Ouroboros and founding the city. What I'm not sure about is why we don't see reborn versions of Shulk and Rex in the main game. Remember, Origin saved the data on all inhabitants alive during the merging of the two worlds. Noah and Mio were able to get reborn, so why not the others? Hopefully that gets explained.

Please use spoiler tags when discussing these or your own ideas.

Xenoblade Enthusiast

markasscop

gotta love the Xenogears callbacks, did colony 15 and I dug the whole "Men of the Sea" schtick

markasscop

Grumblevolcano

The My Nintendo Store is currently undergoing maintenance. Given preorders are meant to go live in September it's likely to do with the Special Edition.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Vortexeo

Okay, I finally filled out the entirety of the Fornis region map. I have to admit, one thing I really miss from XC1 is that the location names were actually written out on the map. Filling out the map in XC3 feels a lot tougher because you can't view the locations that you've found already. When I was filling out the Fornis region I found all the landmarks but the map didn't fill out because I was still missing two locations. I only found them because I was randomly roaming around the region.

I'm currently going through this again with the Pentelas region. I've found all the landmarks but the map didn't fill out which means I'm still missing a few locations. I ended up fighting every unique monster in the region in hopes that a few of them would be in a location that I haven't found yet. This actually DID help me find a new location but the map still isn't filled out completely. I guess I'll just have to roam around again in hopes that I find whatever locations I'm missing 😅

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

markasscop

oh geez of all the Xenogears callbacks they could make, why'd they pick the layout to Merkava for a section in the final dungeon

markasscop

RR529

Finally finished up chapter 6.

Nia! I mean, I knew this was coming, but I didn't want to believe it until it finally happened, especially after she "died".

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Vortexeo

@RR529
I have to say I really love the Xenoblade 2 references through the music as well! I couldn't help but smile when I heard drifting soul again!

Grumblevolcano

Seems tomorrow will be the day for Europe special edition preorders. Apparently shipping emails have been sent out for those who preordered the special edition in America.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Seems tomorrow will be the day for Europe special edition preorders. Apparently shipping emails have been sent out for those who preordered the special edition in America.

Rolled in just to confirm this. I received a shipping email this afternoon. Funnily enough, the UPS tracking number is the same as the shipment for the actual game, so this could be interesting....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Matt_Barber

My collector's edition finally arrived.

I'm really impressed with the artbook, but I'd note that Monolith's idea of what a spoiler is might be a bit narrower than most definitions so anyone who hasn't finished the game yet is probably going to want to crack on with it before opening up the book.

Matt_Barber

Vortexeo

Noahs voice actor Harry McEntire was on this podcast recently and it was great to hear his thoughts on everything so far! It looks like he's planning on streaming Xenoblade 3 over on twitch!

Edited on by Vortexeo

jedgamesguy

@Vortexeo I just finished it! Really enjoyed listening to his thoughts. It's really refreshing to see someone who hasn't played any JRPGs give their insight into them at this level of detail. Questions were really good and Harry gave great answers.

Of course there's some things here and there. Sometimes it's better for hosts to sit back and listen instead of punctuating each sentence with a "mmhmm", "yup", or "aah". And the way Mike propped Xenoblade on a pedestal as some kind of holy monument... it's a little silly. Plus it being spoiler free meant we couldn't get insight into... y'know... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOO!!!!!. But hey, we live another day.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Vortexeo

TheJGG wrote:

Of course there's some things here and there. Sometimes it's better for hosts to sit back and listen instead of punctuating each sentence with a "mmhmm", "yup", or "aah".

Yeah, this was one thing that slightly irked me but I enjoyed watching it overall 😅I'm really excited to hear him give more insight on his experience recording when he streams the game. I know Pyra's VA did that!

Matt_Barber

I remember watching Skye Bennett (Pyra VA) do Xenoblade 2 and Torna playthroughs, so it's good to see someone keeping up that tradition with the latest game.

Matt_Barber

WaffleBoat

I will say what I said in the other thread. but I finally caved in and bought xenoblade 3 I was sick of people saying it was the best RPG (mother 3 is the best one) so I will see about that.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Takoda

@WaffleBoat Looking forward to your thoughts. Still gotta play mother 3 sometime. Might not be the best one, not even the best xenoblade for me, but it has its merits for sure.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

MarkL1987

Started the final area last night at level 67, and now I'm at level 71

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

RR529

Still at the very start of Chapter 7, my party is at level 90.

Finished exploring a cave system in the Aetia region that was full of mid-high 70's level enemies. There's a level 80 unique monster, one of those T Rex things, at the end which I'm going to fight next, and after that I'm going to take on my next Hero quest since I got one of the Hero classes up to level 10.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

After you get the Armu farm set up (side quest), is there an endgame to rearing new babies over & over again (besides getting some Armu related materials)?

It's quite a drain on resources to raise a new generation.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic