Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,881 to 69,900 of 69,991

Grumblevolcano

@FishyS It's worked both ways before. For example:

Not missing a month

• January 2023 - FE Engage
  • February 2023 - Metroid Prime Remastered digital, Kirby's Return to Dream Land
  • March 2023 - Bayonetta Origins

Missing a month

• May 2022 - Nothing
  • June 2022 - Mario Strikers Battle League, Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes
  • July 2022 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Considering there's no July release currently and 3rd party support has mostly dried up after April in terms of specific release timings, it does feel like Nintendo would do a general Direct in April and hence have a shadow drop because that's what Nintendo does with Directs.

It is entirely possible that they have another Partner Showcase to handle 3rd party stuff and have a July game announced by itself in May though.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

@JaxonH
For some reason you're assuming it would be specifically this card of this capacity and only this card. Rather than having internal storage of some capacity with this card as expansion. And I'm not entirely sure why.....

Haruki_NLI wrote:

I dunno. Nintendo went for haptic feedback, USB-C and decent for the time mobile tech relative to what they have been doing. Plus they had the foresight to have the Switch support microSD up to 2TB back when 512GB was lofty

They needed USB-C to push a Display Port signal over a single connection so that's not at all surprising. And the "support for capacity" thing is a bit of a myth that won't die

SDSC was upto 2GB, SDHC was put 32GB, SDXC is upto 2TB. SDUC is next and supports upto 128TB. Switch supported cards above 32GB at launch therefore it must support SDXC and cards upto 2TB. That's not any foresight on Nintendo's part, that's just the standard

Any device that claims to support anything but 2GB, 32GB, 2TB, 128TB is either due to the manufacturer only reporting cards available at launch or because they've implemented some odd filesystem on-top that has its own restrictions

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

Right on! Paper Mario coming in just 2 months! And Luigis Mansion right after that. Bet. Ive been waiting a long time for this. I remember playing TTYD on my Win 2. Trying to get saves to swap back and forth with my desktop. Enough of that. I can't believe we're actually gonna have Thousand Year Door AND Mario RPG remake AND two Mario Rabbids srpgs on one hybrid system. It's mindblowing.

Unicorn Overlord is so insanely good btw.

@skywake
No, I'm assuming it will be capped at this capacity, since that's what the article stated.

It's just not fitting the bill for other potential hypothetical handhelds. Timing doesn't line up, size doesn't line up. I concede it could be a thousand other things, but Deck 2 and MS handheld ain't one of em.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dandutee

It appears that unanimity has been achieved, as 100% of the participating voter concurs with my perspective.

https://dandutee.com/
The ultimate destination for fans of our captivating gaming universe.

Twitter:

skywake

@JaxonH
The article didn't say that though. It's an announcement of the first card. A 256GB SD Express XC microSD card rated at speeds of upto 800MB/s. By definition any device that supports that card will support any microSD card upto a capacity of 2TB (XC) at speeds upto 985MB/s (SD Express)

The capacity and rated speed of this specific card is irrelevant to the devices that'll support it. Other than the announcement of that capacity at that speed now existing. I don't see how the capacity of this specific card somehow rules out portable XBox. And I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that, if used, it would not be for supplemental storage in addition to some more durable internal storage solution

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haruki_NLI

@skywake Much like with my job, I should just keep to myself, because trying to input anything just ends up backfiring

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

Mustn't grumble, I know, but... the voice work for Mario at the start of this video is.... *shudders

Can they not just AI Charles Martinet's voice in perpetuity and save us from this nightmare? It sounds like they just pulled in someone from the street to have a go.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp rolled end credits on Unicorn Overlord and got both endings. I don’t know what day it is.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Sounds like you really no-lifed that game lol.

So there's multiple endings?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah ugh I didn’t even mean to. It just turned into “oh I’ll play a little while I do laundry…or in between washing dishes.” And since I had liberated most of Cornia in the demo I was on a good pace.

I had really optimized my team so I went to a a stronger part of the map (didn’t realize that until I got there) and accidentally over leveled. Plus since I was obsessed with posting guards i got lots of supplies that I kept turning In which made getting honors easier so I could max out my squads. But what got me was the coliseum. I used that to figure out best builds for my squads and how to grind (you don’t get exp there luckily) so by the time I beat the grand champion I had also found the best stone sigil. Which gives out 50k exp each time you beat it.

So then I got curious as to if I could beat the boss. I did but found out that was the bad end. But you are allowed to keep your clear data so I just did what was needed for the good ending. Aside from a few story complaints it was a good run but I have towns to liberate and weapons to unlock and upgrade.

Problem is this is the closest I will ever feel to a hangover. Everything is blurry today. But I can’t take off. Whoops.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama So you don't have to replay the game to get the good ending? That's a relief.

Yeah, almost universally, the one major complaint about the game seems to be about the story.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah yeah the game is good with clear data usage. There is some post game content but it also allows you to replay the final battle as well.Even lets you cut to the back half of the fight. You can redo the ritual as well.

Uh, I am not bothered by the stuff most folks are bothered by. They do a lot of exposition dump in game so the overall story is fine (plus I read the library entries). The thing everyone is complaining about is actually incorrect in game and it’s sorta funny watching the reviewers harp on it especially now that I know the game can hit end credits in 40-45 hours. Because I am starting to wonder how long they played (or if they skipped cutscenes).

The plot is little predictable, enough that I guessed a major plot point (just not the location), but it is coherent and entertaining enough. My issues are more with the main character and the ritual bond. I am just at the point that "17 year old boy can save the world" is really is really a plot device I am very apathetic about.

I swear ios 17 broke auto correct.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Grumblevolcano

MH Stories now has a release date, June 14th!

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Maybe ill grab that. Still haven't bought 2, but better to start with 1 anyway I suppose.

NintendoByNature

Vortexeo

@Grumblevolcano Do you happen to know if the first MHS has online co-op like MHS2?

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

PikaPhantom
It appears that ILCA and The Pokemon Company have set up a new partner studio, similar to how ILCA and Bandai Namco established Bandai Namco Aces together to work on Ace Combat

PikaPhantom

Grumblevolcano

@PikaPhantom Sounds like Pokemon Works is going to be the remake studio then and Pokemon remakes are going to be in the usual 3rd Friday of November slot (November 15th this time).

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano That's a massive jump to conclusions there. Pokemon Works being a studio for remakes seems plausible (but obviously unconfirmed), concluding that there will be remakes released this year is not.

I'm pretty confident that if Pokemon remakes were releasing this year, it would've been announced in the Presents. And before you bring up Detective Pikachu, that game had already been announced previously and was a spinoff; I highly doubt TPC would allow for a mainline entry to be held back for a Nintendo Direct.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic