Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,941 to 68,960 of 70,077

GrailUK

@FishyS Lol!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

FishyS wrote:

@GrailUK Maybe they'll shock us all and shadow drop the console with no warning. 😝 Just imagine a tweet — "By the way, Switch 2 will be in stores tomorrow".

Ahh going the ole Sega Saturn approach 😂 I don’t think I ever heard a bad thing about that launch. Nope, totally totally perfect and totally didn’t totally destroy Sega forevermore. Oh… wait… I maybe thinking of the PS1 launch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

I just saw footage of the Switch version of Mortal Kombat 1...

YIKES... Why did they even bother?!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JONOFTHEJONS

@IceClimbers It looks like Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch, but only rendering at 900p. But regarding your question, I guess they wanted to make a Switch version because the Switch version of Mortal Kombat 11 sold the most? I don’t know.

Bayonetta 3 renders at the same resolution, yet looks better and runs the same as both Mortal Kombat games on Switch.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

FishyS

JONOFTHEJONS wrote:

@IceClimbers It looks like Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch, but only rendering at 900p. But regarding your question, I guess they wanted to make a Switch version because the Switch version of Mortal Kombat 11 sold the most? I don’t know.
Bayonetta 3 renders at the same resolution, yet looks better and runs the same as both Mortal Kombat games on Switch.

I'm waiting for the mythical Switch 2 to grab MK1 personally; I would hope they would improve it for the new console.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

luckyseven

I’m thinking about upgrading to the Splatoon 3 OLED sometime in the future but with this site constantly spewing Switch 2 news I’m wondering if I should hold off on it. I’d like a bigger screen for handheld and more storage, the design for the OLED is also cool. For anyone who upgraded is it worth it?

Edited on by luckyseven

xenoblade!!!

rallydefault

@luckyseven
OLED upgrade is absolutely worth every dime AS LONG AS you play handheld mode for a majority of the time.

If you play mostly on the TV, it's just throwing money away. Some argue that the wired internet connection for the dock still makes it worth it, but ehhhh... that's really grasping for most folks, I think. I haven't noticed much of a latency difference from my old Switch, and I got an OLED right at launch.

Anyway, if you play handheld - do it. The screen is absolutely gorgeous and you'll notice the difference immediately. If you're not playing handheld mode, save your money.

I know there are other little things like the cartridge insert, the kickstand, more storage (honestly forgot about that one), etc., but really, you should do it for the screen or otherwise just stick to a normal Switch until the 2 comes out.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

luckyseven

@rallydefault I mainly play docked while I don’t play handheld as much. I’ll think about it but maybe I’ll just wait until the mythical Switch 2- or Switch NG comes out. Thanks for the help!

xenoblade!!!

skywake

@rallydefault
The OLED model is 100% only worth it for the screen. The built in LAN for the dock is nice but USB LAN adaptors are pretty cheap, I'm still using the one I got for the Wii back in the day. And the doubling of storage is also nice but you're going to end up buying a microSD card even with 64GB built in anyways.

I currently have a 512GB microSD card on order for $49AU. You can buy 32GB cards for maybe $8AU. I could buy a USB Ethernet adaptor for somewhere around $10-15AU. The OLED is $70AU extra. Makes no sense at all unless you value the screen. Which you most certainly should

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

rallydefault

@skywake
Agreed. The other little changes are nice, I suppose, but I don't really notice most of them. It's all about that beautiful screen. It's seriously so pretty and makes some games look and feel like they've been given a light graphics update.

rallydefault

Magician

IceClimbers wrote:

I just saw footage of the Switch version of Mortal Kombat 1...
YIKES... Why did they even bother?!

@IceClimbers Because casuals see the marketing for the current-gen versions over on PS5 and XSX. They fail to vet their purchase by assuming the Switch version will be on par. And get baited into a regrettable purchase. With no easy refund system on consoles, Nintendo don't care if WB run the trap.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JONOFTHEJONS

@Giancarlothomaz AndreasRestart is the only Nintendo news YouTuber that doesn’t clickbait or use capital letters and I love his channel for that.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

Ralizah

Crisis Core HD is currently about $16 on Play Asia right now. The Japanese version, but it supposedly supports English.

Went ahead and bought it. Was too good a deal to pass up.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

skywake

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

Nintendo might been testing HDR technology for Nintendo Switch sucessor

This is a given, and something people seem to skim over when looking at what the jump in HDMI spec will bring. It's not all resolution and framerate

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic