Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,961 to 68,980 of 70,070

Magician

Tokyo Game Show is live.

As of this post 505 Games is currently presenting.

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Seems as though the Yakuza series returning to Nintendo platforms with the release of a Yakuza: Like A Dragon & Like A Dragon Gaiden bundle at the launch of the NG Switch is the biggest news out of TGS 2023 so far.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

The Capcom TGS event gave the impression of 2 major things:

• RE4 Remake is coming to the Switch's successor (there wasn't a cloud version for the base Switch announced)
  • Capcom's waiting for Nintendo to reveal the Switch's successor before announcing the next Monster Hunter (the way the MH 20th anniversary segment was)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That would make sense given how instrumental Capcom were in getting Nintendo to up the RAM inside the Switch. Can see them being involved with knowing the NG Switch before most of developers so they will know what’s under the hood and when it’s coming out.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

@Magician Ooh, I will probably pick up Like A Dragon.

However it seems like a missed opportunity not brining Another Life to the Switch, you can never have enough farming sims!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haruki_NLI

@Magician Has that been confirmed or just a rumour?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JONOFTHEJONS

@Haruki_NLI I want to know too.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

Magician

@Haruki_NLI @JONOFTHEJONS

Rumor only at the moment. But I think this leans more towards unofficially official. Many publishers have expressed their regret over not being there for the Switch early. They won't repeat that mistake.

Buizel

I hope this is true - I was actually just about to pick up Like a Dragon for Xbox/PC. Will hold off for now...

Since we got Persona, Yakuza is the #1 series I've been waiting for on the Switch.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

HarmanSmith

@Buizel Like a Dragon is great! Tried it on Game Pass and bought it on Steam. I have never played a game from this series, but this one has me hooked, I must say.

HarmanSmith

gcunit

FragRed wrote:

FYI regarding Tomb Raider trilogy remasters! According to the Crystal Dynamics website:
“ switch between classic and modern joystick control schemes”

That last part is obviously the question everyone was asking and it’s weird they never made that known in press releases.

https://www.crystald.com/aspyr-crystal-dynamics-reveal-tomb-r...

Just catching up... that's great news, thanks for posting.

Is it me, or has the relentless onslaught of Switch releases finally claimed a high profile victim - @JaxonH, haven't seen you around recently and missing your input and vibe - hope you're well and playing hard wherever you are, bruh.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

@JaxonH is still alive and kicking, I saw their other accounts doing stuff the other day. I vaguely remember something about them starting a fancy new job so they are probably too busy spending the big bucks in the real world.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

gcunit

@jump Ah, good on him, glad to hear he's doing well, thanks.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

AZYotes5013

@BubbleMan Oh yes order placed waiting on shipping! Standard black for me. I will be using it strictly at home when not docked. Portability is taken away with it. Yes they have a case but still when I'm on the move I will switch it back to joy cons but super excited to use it handheld while at home!

Edited on by AZYotes5013

AZYotes5013

Magician

Day two of TGS.

Koei Tecmo is currently presenting.

Magician

Square Enix at TGS was a bit of a soggy taco.

Just marketing for upcoming stuff we already know about, mostly the boosting of FFVII Rebirth.

FragRed

@Magician I haven’t really seen much come out of TGS this year that’s been particularly interesting and I’m not sure if I’m missing the announcements but it’s been pretty on the Switch side too.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FishyS

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

is F-Zero 99 enough to revive the franchise

I am skeptical. I like F-Zero 99 but I've never played a 'real' F-zero game and didn't know anything about it. To me it feels like slightly simpler Mario Kart (simpler because of lack of items). That is obviously coming from a place of ignorance, but apparently total franchise sales of the F-zero series is only 6 million versus 176 million for the Mario Kart series so I suspect my level of F-Zero ignorance is pretty common.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Anti-Matter

@FishyS
F-Zero was already inside Mario Kart 8 so I don't even need new F-Zero games.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic