Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 70,058

DefHalan

@rallydefault: Skywake has been talking to me about this Micro Console idea since I first came up with it months ago. I don't remember us talking about it that long ago.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rallydefault

DefHalan wrote:

@rallydefault: Skywake has been talking to me about this Micro Console idea since I first came up with it months ago. I don't remember us talking about it that long ago.

Lol it's all good, man, relax. Just poking some fun.

rallydefault

DefHalan

rallydefault wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I know. Trust me I am relaxed. Any more so and I would be the guy from Office Space lol

rallydefault

DefHalan wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I know. Trust me I am relaxed. Any more so and I would be the guy from Office Space lol

lol ok cool

rallydefault

WebHead

Not gonna lie my interest in NX is starting to wane. I know the company likes to keep its cards close to its chest but the silence has become aggravating now. Not that I was planning to get any new systems this year anyway except maybe a vita.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

cookiex

WebHead wrote:

Not gonna lie my interest in NX is starting to wane. I know the company likes to keep its cards close to its chest but the silence has become aggravating now. Not that I was planning to get any new systems this year anyway except maybe a vita.

If I have to lay a guess they're waiting until after Miitomo and My Nintendo launch to start talking NX. They would want press and investors to turn their attention to the former two first.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

gcunit

Continuing along my theme that I think Nintendo needs to enter the mobile phone hardware market (whether it uses conventional cellphone form factors or not), I keep coming back to the idea of using the 3D tech from the N3DS (but with a better camera lens/sensor) for 3D face-time communication. Would get a fair bit of mainstream attention if you could video-phone someone in 3D on a mobile device.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WebHead

@cookiex: yeah safecto say we aren't getting anything before April, which is when the current fiscal year ends and when the next one starts. All I know is the continued silence among other things is resulting in my declining interest

WebHead

GrailUK

@WebHead: Which is where your interest should be. They haven't actually announced anything other than a codename! It's clear that the next 18 months, they are going to be releasing quite a bit of mobile content. imagine all the "Nintendo has abandoned consoles" internet bilge if Mr Iwata had not mentioned those two letters. (Ok, instead we get a lot of internet bilge based on people's speculation that doesn't just make sense...it makes 'perfect sense'.) Welcome back to Planet Earth

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

rallydefault

@GrailUK: Eh... I would argue that, as a company, you don't want your prospective audience's interest to be "declining," as @WebHead said his is. You say "Welcome back to Planet Earth," I say "poor decision making."

rallydefault

DefHalan

@rallydefault: They also wouldn't want their current audience to think they were being abandoned, which would have happened if they didn't mention the NX. I think it was the lesser of two evils.

rallydefault

@DefHalan: Perhaps. I'm still torn. Ultimately, it was probably the better move to try and assuage fears that they were pulling out. Definitely the better move from a shareholder/business stance. Now, if you're Nintendo, you just go through with your plans and reveal what you want/when you want and hope that your fans stay with you regardless of feelings.

rallydefault

skywake

I honestly don't think they want you to be hyped about the idea of a new console until you start seeing game trailers.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

cookiex

skywake wrote:

I honestly don't think they want you to be hyped about the idea of a new console until you start seeing game trailers.

Considering the last time they revealed a console, which only had a bunch of tech demos and the announcement of a game that hadn't even started development yet to show for it, that's probably for the better.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

iKhan

I have a bad feeling that Nintendo's next home console won't have motion controls.

Nintendo completely killed their momentum in this technology with the Wii U. Instead of iterating and developing an old design, they sidestepped to the Gamepad, and look where we are now. There hasn't been a Wii Remote compatible Nintendo game in quite some time.

Whatever technology Nintendo develops for this new console, they need to stick with it for all future consoles. When the analog stick was put into the N64, Nintendo didn't drop it in their next console iteration, but made it better.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

WebHead

@DefHalan: a simple" we are still in hardware as we continue 3ds and wii u support, as well as eventually future Nintendo hardware." Would've sufficed. And if NX isn't launching until next year than it was definitely a mistake. The old way of announcing things don't work anymore.

Biut alas, we obviously aren't getting anything before April. So I guess I'll have to wait.

WebHead

DefHalan

@WebHead: I think the mesia would still say Ninrendo would be exiting the console market if they didn't announce that they had a syatem in the works. A general statement like that probably wouldn't have satisfied media or investors.

WebHead

At this point I don't think Kimishima will say anything until May and we probably won't see the physical NX hardware and software until E3.

WebHead

cookiex

New rumor about dev kits and NDAs.

• Nintendo has key partners they are working with that already have Dev Kits (Second & Third party)
  • The development studio [the source] works for is currently working on a graphically demanding PlayStation 4 game that they would like to have the opportunity to port to the NX.
  • The Studio does not have Dev Kit’s themselves yet and have not been informed of the specs, however the graphical performance of the NX is of great interest to them due to their current project.
  • The Developer and Studio he works for has been informed of the date/time frame they are allowed to start ordering NX dev kits, but they are under a strict NDA not to reveal this time frame until Nintendo has officially revealed the NX to the public.
  • The Developer did say that Nintendo is screening early Dev Kit access before the public developer date to order, but the process is extremely complex with a lot of paperwork to complete by both sides before having the chance of being approved. Most likely the paperwork has a lot to do with a multifaceted NDA for early access.
  • When NDA’s on the NX are less binding and when his studio gets the NX Dev Kit soon or in the future, he will inform me of more details on what the Dev Kit is like (specs etc) if he is able.
  • NX is most likely to be released this year at the end of 2016 based on the time-frame he was given (NDA) of when dev kits are planning on being distributed to developers besides the key partners to Nintendo that already have them. However, he said that ultimately as with any company it’s up to Nintendo to follow through and release the NX during this time frame.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/251673-rumor-insider-source-say...

cookiex

DefHalan

Basically sounds like a lot of nothing. They don't really know anything and just want to be part of the story lol

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic