Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,761 to 64,780 of 65,609

Snatcher

I played the mha br. It’s great! It’s only a beta so it is shallow enough that without new maps and more characters will get old quick. But come on of course that happening. It’s nothing complex, it’s simple. It’s fun, it’s. MHA!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

NeonPizza

Ya know, it would be nice if Hamster updated all of their Arcade Archive releases with Arcade Cabinet wallpaper for each and every individual title. As is, all we get is that ugly Grey streak over a black background. Definitely takes away from the experience. I often have the actual game screen scaled down to like a 27"-30" screen on my 65" HDTV. But it's weird, because the entire rest of the screen is nothing but a black abyss.

I dont know, if I'm paying that much for just one game you would think they could of went the extra mile. As is, The wealth of options are pretty great though.

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

Grumblevolcano

It's frustrating that Bayonetta 1 physical UK preorders are still not up, it releases in a bit over a month. The Bayonetta 3 special edition is still up for preorder but I'm only getting the standard edition if I can't get Bayonetta 1 physical.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Persona 5 Royal preorders still aren't up anywhere outside Japan, eShop or physical. I've been waiting to preorder.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 you guys. This game...

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

gcunit

@Grumblevolcano Where are you seeing it (Bayo3 Special) up for pre-order? I had a look the other day and it seemed sold out everywhere.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

Cat Quest II, anyone...
Untitled

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 you guys. This game...

@JaxonH

Aside from some slightly cringe cutscenes (the overall naivety of the characters is too Shonen at times for my liking), it's probably the best rpg experience I've had in the past decade. I'll be slightly triggered if XC3 isn't in the discussions for GotYs in December.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,006 games (as of September 30th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Bored. So...what's everyone's top three games they're looking forward to this Fall? Made In Abyss, Bayonetta 3, and No Man's Sky would probably be mine, even though there are several more I intend on buying.

Made In Abyss; although I've never read the manga or watched the anime, it's highly regarded as one of the best in the eyes of anime critics. Bayonetta 3; I loved the first two games, so I expect the same of the third. No Man's Sky; purely a gamble-purchase by me. It is one of the best space-themed games in recent memory, but the Switch port could be hot garbage.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,006 games (as of September 30th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

kkslider5552000

Splatoon 3 and maybe nothing else, because I don't have time for new games with all the other stuff I have.

Though I have feeling I'll get around to Bayonetta 3 and No Man's Sky at some point. I'm assuming I'll have the same issues with Bayonetta as I did before, but the gameplay is too top tier to ignore (and Platinum is a safe bet when they're allowed to do their own thing). Also I won't have to play two games back to back this time which probably helps. And No Man's Sky I wanted since the first trailer, and it eventually became the game I wanted it to be so if it actually runs well enough on Switch, that's incredibly exciting.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

Maxenmus

@Magician
I didn't even know Made in Abyss was made into a game, but it's hardly surprising, since if an IP gets popular enough, a movie/game would follow.

I've actually seen the anime, but I don't think that's gonna translate well into a game. It's not that it wouldn't work as a game - it most certainly can, being a dark dungeon RPG like Diablo meets Undertale - but the whole appeal of the story was its shock value of being this cutesy anime but with a hidden dark twist. In my experience, games adapted from anime usually don't put too much effort into offering the same kind of powerful emotions we felt watching said anime, merely cashing in on the name of the anime (that's why games adapted from movies often sucked back then, though that has improved a bit in recent years). Usually, they would just throw in some cutscenes to replicate those powerful moments, and sometimes they would even replace the emotional music with a generic one.

I guess people who didn't watch the anime could enjoy it as a straight dark RPG, but as someone who understands what the anime represents, what it tried to do with its story, I don't have much faith in it. I might have a different reaction if you told me it's a visual novel (and not a hybrid one like Digimon Survive because that had problems, having its VN elements affected by the tedious and generic gameplay). I'm just trying to wrap my head around how they could show that shocking twist to the players in an innovative way that could only be done in a video game RPG. The helplessness and despair of the Made in Abyss characters, that's something that can be translated into gameplay (like making the players as emotionally drained and exhausted as them), but most game companies that adapt anime/movies don't bother.

Their adaptation of Re:ZERO received very positive reviews, I guess, but I never saw that anime or played the game, so I can't comment on it much. But considering that anime is an isekai, I would imagine that the game didn't do much to innovate the concept of isekai and merely did a straight adaptation of the anime, but with a new story (I heard it has a new story different from the anime, which the Made in Abyss game doesn't seem to be the case).

The only Switch game I'm looking forward to is Chaos;Head: Noah Double Pack, which I've already pre-ordered the moment news came out that the pre-order was available on Amazon. God, FINALLY, Chaos;Head is finally properly localized! If you've been part of the visual novel community for a while, you'd know how big of a deal this is, considering how terrible the first Chaos;Head translation was even though it's part of a massively popular company/universe that's connected to Steins;Gate, one of the most popular anime of all time even among non-anime fans. It's as if they've finally released the first Fate/Stay Night visual novel only decades after releasing Fate/Zero (which does have its own visual novel by the way, but I think it's only in Japanese). The only thing I'm worried about is the censoring, because I have a very strong feeling they're gonna censor a lot of graphic scenes on the Switch port, which makes me kinda regret that I impulse-bought that double pack instead of waiting for the PC version (which will undoubtedly have an uncensored patch, something I can't say for the Switch port).

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Grumblevolcano

@Magician Currently Bayonetta 3, Nier Automata and Persona 5 Royal with The DioField Chronicle being a close 4th. Bayonetta 3 and Nier Automata seems like more fantastic PlatinumGames games and I liked TMS#FE and many compared that to Persona so I'm excited to check out my 1st Persona game. As for DioField, I'll be checking out the demo after I finish XC3 but from trailers it looks interesting.

That said, I do get the feeling from the maintenance that Advance Wars may come along to steal 1st. September 9th (Splatoon 3) to October 20th (Sparks of Hope) is longer than the usual Fall Nintendo IP gap.

• 2017: September 22nd (Pokken DX) - October 20th (FE Warriors) - October 27th (Mario Odyssey)
  • 2018: September 14th (Torna/Labo Vehicle Kit) - October 5th (Super Mario Party)
  • 2019: September 20th (Link's Awakening) - October 18th (Ring Fit Adventure) - October 31st (Luigi's Mansion 3)
  • 2020: September 13th (3D All Stars) - October 1st (SMB 35) - October 16th (MK Live Home Circuit)
  • 2021: September 10th (WarioWare Get It Together) - October 8th (Metroid Dread) - October 29th (Mario Party Superstars)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Supposedly, Chaos Head Noah had problems with Steam, @Maxenmus .... While Switch games have been doing a lot better for the censorship stuff than previous Nintendo consoles
I'm sure they can find a way to release it on PC, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Maxenmus

@BruceCM
lol That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

I guess my worry surfaced because the censorship problem was one of the first concerns I read when I saw the news popping up on Reddit. Redditors were like, "Censorship might appear." lol I've already pre-ordered the game by that point, so buyer remorse almost sunk in when I read those concerns.

Good to know Switch games have been doing better in terms of that stuff though.

But wait, what kind of problems did you mean? I know Steam has all kinds of problems with visual novels from what I heard on the grapevine, not just Chaos;Head Noah. All kinds of censorship scandals and stuff, or just outright removing titles from Steam.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Ralizah

@Maxenmus A lot of VNs get unfairly targeted on Steam, while the million+ Hentai Puzzle type games go untouched, as well as some famously gruesome stuff like Kara no Shojo, which makes me think some low-level employee at Valve with some kind of pull is exercising their power on games they don't like.

I'm not too worried about Chaos;Head Noah on Switch, though. Nintendo just flat out doesn't seem to step to remove anything from their platform any more unless it'll get them in some sort of legal trouble, so the only real obstacle to an uncensored Switch release at that point would be the ESRB. But I feel like we would have heard something by now if there was going to any notable level of censorship in the localized release.

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Anti-Matter

I keep my eyes quietly for this game.
Untitled

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

Probably the following...

• Bayo 3
  • Rabbids 2
  • tie between Splatoon 3, P5, and Crisis Core

NintendoByNature

DarthNocturnal

I guess, Pokemon Scarlet/ Violet, FF7 Crisis Core Reunion and....... uhhh, does finally giving Persona 5 Royal a spin via Game Pass count?

I've already got No Man's Sky on Xbox, but I'm curious to see how it performs on Switch. Performance on last gen hardware was..... quite rough, to put it lightly. I figured trying to run it on Switch would just cause the system to burst into flames. And I've heard it lacks multiplayer, which makes me wonder how they'll handle content that encourages playing with others (the Anomoly comes to mind. Especially Nexus missions).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Final Fantasy IX (Xbox), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

KryptoniteKrunch

Top three most hyped Fall releases?

Sparks of Hope
Persona 5
Bayonetta 3

Pokemon Scarlet, Nier and Harvestella are honorable mentions. Also getting Splatoon 3 and Crisis Core, but those are Summer and Winter releases, respectfully.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Ralizah

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
Splatoon 3
Chaos;Head Noah + Chaos;Child Double Pack

Otherwise, I can't think of much else I plan on grabbing this year. P5R and NieR would be on my list if I hadn't already played them extensively on PS4 (150 hours for P5R; 50ish hours for NieR).

I guess I'll probably get Pokemon, but it's hard to summon excitement for that when they already seem to be messing up stuff related to level scaling.

@JaxonH The tone of that comment tells me you must have gotten past the late Ch. 5/Early Ch. 6 story hump, yes?

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

Gosh, narrowing it down to just 3 feels impossible without leaving out something that deserves to make the list. I'd say...

3 Most Hyped Fall Games

• Bayonetta 3
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Nier Automata

Honorable Mentions

• Splatoon 3
  • Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
  • Harvestella

Still Buying Though

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet
  • Dragon Quest Treasures
  • Diofield Chronicle
  • No Man's Sky
  • Tactics Ogre Reborn
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero

Which is still 12 games in 4 months, or an average of 3 games per month- a new game every week and a half. That's a lot.

And I'm also likely Buying SD Gundam, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Pac Man World Re-Pac, Sword Art Online (solely because my brother said he liked it, then again he's a fan of the anime so there's that) and ARK Survival Evolved (IF it's a good port, which is yet to be determined). So many games.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic