Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,541 to 64,560 of 69,963

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
I hope there is another animal crossing on switch, but I doubt it. I wouldn’t be surprised if a new one comes out during the first year of Nintendo’s next console. Hopefully it gets rid of the post launch updates though. New Horizons felt half baked at launch. Kinda sad considering it still doesn’t have as much content now as new leaf did on day one.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Okami1

What if we get a Animal Crossing rhythm/dance game

dysgraphia awareness human

Anti-Matter

Kermit1 wrote:

What if we get a Animal Crossing rhythm/dance game

I would like to play that game and I really expect the hardest difficulty level until like Paranoia Revolution / Valkyrie Dimension / Endymion on DDR.

Anti-Matter

skywake

blindsquarel wrote:

Hopefully it gets rid of the post launch updates though. New Horizons felt half baked at launch. Kinda sad considering it still doesn’t have as much content now as new leaf did on day one.

Maybe I'm misremembering how much content New Leaf had but I don't really get why people keep saying this. I don't really feel like New Horizons had less in it. I mean sure it was drip-fed and came over time but Animal Crossing is a game you play daily for a couple of years. A drip feed wasn't really a downside....

Also looking at the list of content in it to refresh my memory. I'm not sure you're even right to say New Leaf had more. I mean the main hook of New Leaf was the public works, New Horizons had full on terraforming and outdoor furniture. Infact if I go down the list I think the only thing really missing when all is said and done is Streetpass

I don't know, I kinda feel like with the free-update model people have made up their mind from the start. People just dislike it, are totally convinced it's worse and then just work backwards from there to justify their stance. And in this particular case also kinda forgetting that New Leaf also got DLC

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

blindsquirrel

@skywake
My problem with the free updates is how content from past games was kept out of the base game. For example, the roost was added in the final update for new horizons if I remember correctly. But it was in new leaf’s base game. My comparison between the two was how much content was in the game at launch. So the content added in welcome amibo wasn’t considered. But there are other things that are kept from new horizons, such as only one shop upgrade rather than three upgrades. Many of the past Special NPC’s were omitted from New Horizons to.

But at the end of the day it is just my opinion.

skywake

@blindsquarel
Why does it even matter what was in the "base game"? We didn't just get the base game, we got updates. It's an argument for the sake of wanting to complain about the methodology. It's not an argument about, you know, the actual content delivered. Which is all that should really matter

I mean I can kinda see the case to be made against the post-launch free update for some games. The kinds of games where you buy on day 1, get your fill for a couple of weekends and move on to the next thing. For those titles? Sure, post-launch updates have little value. I mean I loved Metroid Dread, one of the best games on the Switch, but did I have much interest in its free update? ... not really. I'd already beaten it

But Animal Crossing? I was playing it every day almost without fail from launch until maybe a week or so after the paid DLC. Really, my only complaint with the DLC was that by the time the vegetables came out I had already gone past the "money harvest" phase of Animal Crossing. But by that stage? We're talking almost 2 years playing it regularly, I'd already well and truly got my "value" out of it. It's just that sort of game. So no, I don't think anyone who was actually invested in it "missed out" on content with the way it was delivered

Also, frankly, the base game arguably had as much content as Lets Go to the City. Which I also played to death back in the day

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

Nabbed the steelbook edition of Persona 5 Royal at Target this morning. Couldn't resist!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Looks like Tactics Ogre Reborn is shaping up to be something really special.

@IceClimbers
It's gorgeous, isn't it?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

The gameplay of Yum Yum Cookstar on Nintendo Switch.
Not bad, pretty much like Cooking Mama games as usual with a little bit of rhytmic button tapping.
The music is pretty good with some 80's neon vibes.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@blindsquarel @skywake I think a situation where 2.0.0 except the Happy Home Paradise DLC was the New Horizons base game and then post launch support happened with Happy Home Paradise DLC still being DLC at some point would've been the right balance.

As for @Kermit1's original question, I think the next Animal Crossing will be released around a year after the end of Splatoon 3 so like Fall/Holiday 2025. Maybe there'll be a New Horizons update before then if Pocket Camp is shutting down earlier. While the MK8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass isn't saving everything from Mario Kart Tour, it may be that there's a 2nd Booster Course Pass for 2024-2025.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@Kermit1 mainline Animal Crossing i think is unlikely, but a spin-off or a DLC could happen, the next mainline Animal Crossing game will problaby release in the first/second year of the Switch sucessor. @Grumblevolcano yes everything point for the next mainline Animal Crossing game to release on Switch sucessor on holiday 2024/2025 along with the next Mario Kart game.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Those QoL changes to tactics ogre look amazing. I’m so ready for this game. Might even have a tv by then.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Which one did you decide to go with? I think you mentioned it but I can't remember. That Sony Bravia 55" OLED is still on sale for half off at Best Buy for $999.

I keep hearing Tactics Ogre is the best srpg of all time (or one of the best, depending who you ask). I didn't think Triangle Strategy and Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope would get any more competition, but it looks like the string of top shelf strategy games isn't over yet.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH lol I settled on the LG C2. It’s sitting in my cart BF at BB and amazon(I get my cart ready so I don’t have to hunt for what I want later). Especially since I realized my game haul is gonna be really small this year. I’m only two months behind on switch purchases and the ps5/series x next gen fare looks awful. And catching up on wiiu eshop purchases at best will cost 300 as I mostly need VC games. But for now I meant that I have almost reached the back of my storage unit and thus my old 1080p LG tv. So I should be able to haul it up next weekend (I have been moving by myself). The one in my cart I am hoping hits sub1000. If not I will wait until around the superbowl.

Still gotta get a new av receiver.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Well, it's a fantastic TV. Same model as mine except 1 year newer (but they're essentially the same).

Might I recommend also grabbing an mClassic to go alongside it. Combined with sharpness set to around 75% of max on the input used for Switch, with an mClassic, it really helps to clean the image up. Furthermore, setting Black Frame Insertion to medium (it just inserts black frames between frames to make motion appear smoother) helps iron out framerate judder. The black frames dim the image a bit, but if you set OLED brightness to 95% it more than cancels it out.

Oh, and a good soundbar goes a long ways. Probably outside your budget for now, but down the line, I can't recommend it enough. I just went with a Sennheiser Ambeo with subwoofer attached, as it bounces sound off walls and ceiling to create a sound bubble from all directions, since I don't have room for side/rear speakers. It was expensive, but if you want all-in-one without sides/rears, it's gonna cost you. There is a less expensive Ambeo that just released for $1500 though. Probably sounds just as good, especially if paired with a sub. Otherwise you can get an actual 5.1 setup with side speakers. It just takes more space and is a hassle.

But wow. I learned 2 important things when I got my setup. 1) Do not underestimate the value of an OLED 4ktv. The image is unbelievable. 2) Do not underestimate the value of a proper audio surround sound system. I can't believe I was willfully ignorant for so many years about how much it adds to the experience.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH oh I’ve got a full 7.2 speaker setup (I know the hassle of sticking speaker wire to the ceiling and under the rug.) . Just need an av receiver with 2.1 hdmi ports (not sure if I am using the subs this time since I have a bunch of glass display cases now…) . I’ve settled on the onkyo TX-RZ59. Will add two sonos speakers for playback all over my apartment. Should have the whole setup done by feb.

But yeah I trust LG since my last big screen was from them and I had no issues. I’ve been looking at the mclassic but I will test it without first. I don’t know how well I will really notice the difference.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Okami1

I grew up with a CRT I'm not picky when it comes to graphic quality.

Okami1

I think these themed sales are/might be the new Nintendo Selects.

Edited on by Okami1

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Sadly, I think you are right. I miss the days when you could get a first party game at a discount after launch.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic