Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,521 to 64,540 of 65,630

RR529

Maxenmus wrote:

At first I thought they made a Pac-Man movie, which isn't surprising in the least considering they've made The Emoji Movie and Pixels, but I guess this is slightly better, a 3-D Pac-Man game.

Coming to Switch on August 26.

They're doing both.

Pac Man World: Re-Pac (the game in the video you posted) was first announced during the most recent Nintendo Direct Mini in June, and is a remake of a PS1 game.

However, within the past day they've also announced that they're making a live action Pac Man movie, though we don't know more about it than that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Maxenmus

@RR529 Ah well, my faith in Hollywood's greed has been restored.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH hmm apparently I missed the fireworks. But to your reply we are essentially saying the same thing I think except I didn’t clarify that while I feel the big devs are trying to push for next gen only (to corral the install base) there isn’t a mass migration (devs or consumers) because the gaming ecosystem just can’t afford it. It’s a perfect storm of expensive and long game development, revenue streams under scrutiny (lootboxes and NFTs), component shortages, the shrinkage of active IPs finally biting devs in the butt, people gaming less due to not being on lockdown, and of course all the economic upheaval globally. Gamers will buy themselves into debt, but honestly I haven’t seen/heard that sorta brand obsession so far. Beyond the normal console wars faithful. The whale strategy keeps certain franchises going but I think it means game engagement has become lopsided. People complain about the switch’s output but maintaining a evenly spread library keeps momentum.

It feels like the “hot popular product to own”… is still the Switch right now. It’s affordable (the cost of storage on the twins makes me cackle considering everyone wanted to beat up Nintendo for BYO storage but Nintendo is the cost effective option), has a massive library, is flexible and is relatively plentiful in comparison to the twins. And this is based on what I hear from non gaming coworkers that like tech. (I don’t stay on the pulse of gaming anymore as I am sick of the fighting/complaining but knowing what the average consumer wants is helpful).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Cross post from MH forum. Wanted to share my thoughts...

That Monster Huntet Direct was 🔥 🔥 🔥

• Lucent Nargacuga
  • Seething Bazelgeuse
  • Silver Rathalos
  • Gold Rathian
  • A5 Afflicted Quests
  • Afflicted Investigations
  • Qurios Crafting
  • Event Quests
  • New Paid DLC

I love that the DLC includes NPCs like Fiorayne, that changes you into her character, and you can get her voice lines to actually be Fiorayne!!! How dope is that!

And those investigations, wow! It's like a combination of MH4U guild quests that level up, and the investigations from MH World. This is absolutely massive and is going to add limitless replayability to this game.

And we have another Title Update at the end of September, which means the 3rd will likely be around Black Friday in November, and then we have even more coming in 2023.

This game is becoming absolutely massive

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, MH Rise Sunbreak, Radiant Silvergun and dozens of other STGs
PC/SD:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Link-Hero

I wished I was here to have a little talk with TheMelodiusRose. The Switch is a hybrid and is always been considered one since its reveal. Every commercial, article, event, and even Nintendo themselves always have shown this particular major feature. You can play it as a console or handheld, so it being a hybrid is 100% a fact. Even its name, the Switch, very clearly tells you of the main component, so why can't he understand that?

I have a feeling that this argument is related to his expectation. During the rumors of a Nintendo NX, he very much likely wanted it to be a powerful home console and got upset when it eventually turned out to be a hybrid device instead. So much so that he ended up lying to himself that's what the Switch is and the handheld portion is only just a minor feature. If not that, I can't think of anything else why he believed this.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Maxenmus

@Kermit1 Why do you keep screenshotting my posts and then replying them to me?

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1

@Maxenmus you keep commenting pure gold and I really enjoy some of your comments.

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

Kermit1

@Anti-Matter I think I want to get that. That looks odd and I like it.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

@Kermit1 lol Well, maybe try making a screenshot that we could appreciate, because your image is distorted and just made me think it was spam.

Maxenmus

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
Advent Calendar is a 2D puzzle game from the screenshots I found from play-asia.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1

@Maxenmus sure thing, I'm at home again and I can make art with my computer (I'm on my chromebook right now, not my PC)

btw google chrome screenshot add-ons are terrible compared to firefox.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Kermit1

did TheMelodiusRose delete their account or ignore everyone?

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

@Kermit1 That would actually be a pretty impressive feat if they blocked everyone, considering I've never even interacted with them and I still can't see their account anymore.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
If you see 404 not found from the user = deleted account.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1

@Anti-Matter I see no 404... I never touched on whatever they were talking about anyway.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Kermit1

@Maxenmus I wonder if the mods can see him still?

@Eel can you see that account still?

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

MarioLover92

Kermit1 wrote:

did TheMelodiusRose delete their account or ignore everyone?

They probably deleted their account, yeah. I can't see their posts either. I'd get a 404 error when going to their profile, too.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Kermit1

@Eel oh, okay. I hope they're ok

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic