Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,261 to 60,280 of 70,080

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Forgive the long post, but here's a small sample of the photography in Rise. I have some 400+ pics but this is just 20 or so I had stored on my phone

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH lol thank you, I can see you are quite the photographer. I’d ignored the photo mode because I am not into poses/dynamic screenshots that much (I will screenshot things that happen but I have little interest in setting up poses or scripted shots). But the fact that the pic you take can be used on the monster record has certainly garnered my interest. Little things like that maintain my engagement. I may approach MH like a researcher (that hunts).

That Amaterasu skin is lovely though. I tried to make mine look like her (and she is named Amaterasu but the capcom skin is the best).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

Not very far into Arceus yet but so far my only complaint is the amount of cutscenes/tutorials in the beginning of the game. It's not Skyward Sword levels of bad, but it's certainly jarring compared to BotW.

Otherwise I'm having a lot of fun with the game! Pokemon actually feel threatening for once.

I sincerely hope that the QoL changes to movesets makes its way over to Gen 9. Being able to swap moves on the go like that is huge

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ryu_Niiyama

Hmm doesn’t really impact Nintendo. I do wonder how all these acquisitions will shake out in a few years. I’ve felt like the big studios have put out less games in the past decade or so.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FragRed

This isn’t going to end anytime soon. Sony says expect more to come and Microsoft definitely won’t be finished after Activision Blizzard goes through. This won’t be good in the long term.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ralizah

I don't care as long as they don't get their claws into any major Japanese companies.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

FragRed

@Ralizah I think it’s only a matter of time until
Sony seeks to buy Square Enix or Capcom personally. Microsoft are less likely because of Japanese laws but definitely can see Sony going after one of them.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@FragRed These acquisitions take two to tango. If Capcom and Square Enix aren't looking to sell, then they won't be bought.

FragRed

@IceClimbers Not necessarily. Remember they are both publicly listed, so a hostile takeover is possible.

link3710

@FragRed Eh, it'll be rough for a bit but this isnt the first time major players had a massive number of merges and acquisitions. It'll just lead to a new growth of AA options due to vacancies in the market when the big companies fall out.

Not that A-B or Bungie are really... Doing much anyways. They might have a lot of clout, but Bungie released one game in the last decade, and A-B is solely a CoD and once or twice a decade Blizzard title company.

link3710

BruceCM

Also, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater & Crash Bandicoot, for a couple of examples off the top of my head, @link3710 ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

link3710

@BruceCM Vicarious Visions (who did Tony Hawk) was made a Blizzard support team starting with Diablo 2. Toys for Bob (who did Spyro Trilogy and Crash 4) was made a Call of Duty support team following Crash 4. There aren't any more internally developed games coming in those series (well now there might be but as things were...). Since every Activision team is now CoD only.

Edit: Yes I am salty about Activision deciding to end Spyro, Crash and Tony Hawk in quick succession, before anyone asks.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

MLB The Show 22 coming to Switch is a huge win. Its also on Gamepass, and will have cross play and cross save between versions, so I can buy once on Switch, and play handheld on the OLED with Series X on the TV on a single save file, without double dipping.

I was a baseball fanatic as a kid. Still have an entire basement full of Cards, rookie cards, signed balls, etc. Was on a Little League team all throughout my childhood, too.

I've been waiting on a good baseball game but, so far we've only seen mediocre attempts. This was the only one truly worth its salt.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

@FragRed I mean, it's possible, but it's extremely unlikely.

Considering acquisitions like this take months to come to fruition, Sony buying Bungie isn't some sort of reactionary move to Microsoft buying Activision. They likely did this to leverage Bungie's expertise in GaaS multiplayer titles in exchange for funding and allowing them to make Destiny a multimedia IP (TV/film adaptations).

BruceCM

Yeah, MS buying them might well help with getting on with other games, as well, @link3710 .... That'd be good news for a lot of people, I think

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

gcunit

Anyone else find themselves thinking a Pokémon Legends version of Fortnite could be fun? You get dropped onto a land mass, and then have to race to farm resources, craft pokeballs, then battle other players. Last man standing wins.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TommyTendo

@gcunit
That would be fun.
But instead of Pokémon battles, you send out the Pokémon you catch and they attack the players like the wild Pokémon do.

jump

@gcunit I'd just like to battle other players in Legends.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

Been playing Afterparty for a few hours.

It's crass, lewd, not very politically correct...and I've enjoyed every minute thus far.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic