Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,261 to 60,280 of 61,005

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
You got the MH Rise special edition Switch? Did you get the Pro Controller as well? It's a nice collector edition.

I've blown a lot of money on physical Switch games and CEs. Maybe overcompensating from all those yrs of feeling deprived. But I'm running out of room to store games and merch, so I think after this generation, I'm done with physical media. I've already gone 100% digital on PS5 and Steam- Switch is the last hold out. Gonna finish up this gen and... that's it. All digital after that.

I regret a lot of the figures I purchased. I have like 7 of the Monster Hunter Creator's models on my shelf, with the Fatalis preordered and the Palamute statue preordered. I wanted to cancel Fatalis because it's SO BIG. I'll have to put it on the floor or something. It's MASSIVE. But PlayAsia shut down cancelations after a certain date. So I guess I'm stuck getting it.

The figures add up and become too much. Even amiibo- I own every amiibo made to date (barring cereal and cards, etc) and I had to stash a bunch of Super Mario Bros series amiibo in the closet. No room. If I only had amiibo, and 1/7 scale statues for Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, and the MH creators models, it would still be a lot, but manageable. But I got sucked into Nendoroids and Figmas and all that crap a few yrs back. I'm thinking of boxing it all up.

Switch, 3DS and DS Games
Untitled

Monster Hunter Shelf
Untitled

PS4 and Vita Games
Untitled

Fire Emblem Shelf + GC, Wii, Wii U Games
Untitled

Merch Shelf
Untitled

Figure Shelf
Untitled

Original Smash Bros Amiibo Shelf
[Not Shown]

PLAYING
NS: Shin Megami Tensei V, MH Rise
3DS:
Steam: Forza Horizon 5
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Nice sized collection. Especially considering that you are relatively newer to the hobby from what I have gathered from your posts. You might want to toss those pics into the swag/memorabilia thread for further discussion.

I think my collection is modest but I am not looking forward to setting it back up when I move next year (put it off due to the pandemic).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Pizzamorg

@JaxonH your collection is so cool! I hope to one day have something like that set up in my house. When I moved, I actually got rid of so much of my merch because I have nowhere to properly display it and it was a PITA to move, all I have left is now just in one small cabinet. I had also gone almost entirely digital for games, due to me moving to basically just Steam and Gamepass, however, it does sometimes work out cheaper to buy physical Switch games rather than doing it through the digital storefront which is weird. I just don't have the room to store physical games though, I had to stop collecting BluRays for the same reason. I just plugged up every spare space I had with them and then decided enough was enough. Hopefully one day I move into a place big enough that I can have a proper set up like yours.

I also didn't get the Rise pro controller, I only found out after I bought the regular Pro controller that a Rise one existed

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Ring Fit Adventure. Pokemon Shield. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH beautiful collection. Love it

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

JaxonH

@Pizzamorg
There's something to be said for a minimalist setup. For one, you save a ton of cash on merch that, let's be honest, is just an indulgence. It also doesn't clutter your space. I kept having to buy more shelves. And another one. And then another one. They'd just keep filling up.

I think what made me want a collection was this YouTube channel called Nintendo Collecting. He ran a "Nintendo Collecting 101" series that gave tips and stuff, showed off collector items, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Of course, he has an massive basement and add on room filled to the brim with merch and games. Probably $100k worth. It's a sight to behold. Custom NES tables, every color N64 system ever made boxed up, thousands of games...

I was like, OK. I'll NEVER be able to have a collection like that. But, I can start small and accumulate over the years. It's crazy how fast it adds up.

@Ryu_Niiyama
Back in 2012 before I bought my Wii U, I had nothing except a 3DS with Zelda Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64 3D, Street Fighter IV 3D and Resident Evil Revelations, and a Vita with Unit 13, Wipeout 2048, Call of Duty Black Ops 2: Declassified and Uncharted Golden Abyss. I remember my brother going off about this "Xenoblade" game on the Wii and how awesome it was. Made me want to buy some Wii games. Started watching eBay and snatching up games in auctions. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Xenoblade, Zelda Twilight Princess, etc. Soon I was buying GameCube games. Then DS games... it's why I don't have nearly as many games for systems before 3DS/Wii U.

Maybe I will share in the swag thread. That's a good idea.

I hate moving. Especially when you have to move your gaming collection. It SUCKS. I had to do it once before, and I hated it. And that was 7 yrs ago. Probably had 10% of what I have now.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@1UP_MARIO
Thanks! Only a gamer can appreciate a gaming collection. Non-gamers probably see it and think, huh?

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Really impressive set-up! I'll admit, I'm low-key jealous about those Pyra/Mythra figures.

With that said, I've been thinking about going in the opposite direction for a while. Not quite full minimalist, but some decluttering would do me well. I'm planning on letting off the gas with all of these purchases soon anyway.

My goal for the next few year is to just skate by with the essential purchases and work on my backlog.

Currently Playing
Shin Megami Tensei V (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Thanks 😊 Pyra and Mythra and KOS-MOS will soon be joined by Melia. That's why there's a space to the left.

I get it. Space is constantly an issue, and another 10 yrs at this pace simply won't do. Once Switch generation wraps up, that's it. I'm done. Exceptions will be made only for the highest priority items.

It's fun for a while. But there does come a point where it's like, ok. If I buy this it's just gonna get crammed on the shelf, another brick in the wall. But having already bought so many Switch games I can't just abandon the Switch collection with only 2-3 yrs left in the cycle.

Also, I've learned it's better to have 6 figures on a shelf spread out looking orderly and aesthetically pleasing, than to cram 10 figures on a shelf to fit them all, and then it just looks cluttered. Less is more in many cases.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

Just noticed that boxboy amiibo. Super nice! I’m not paying what scalpers want for that thing though.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JaxonH

Anyone want a Switch OLED?

Switch OLED BUY ME!!! $392 USD shipped to US

Switch OLED Amazon UK for British fellows

The white version (and maybe neon also) is available right now on Amazon Italy for $392 USD shipped to the USA. That's only $27 more than it would cost here after tax.

They're gonna be OOS for a while. So if you missed out and were hoping to grab one, just open an Amazon.it account, use Google Chrome which auto translates to English, and you're golden.

I regularly order from Amazon.it and Amazon.fr and Amazon.es and Amazon.de and Amazon.co.jp and Amazon.co.uk for importing so I already had an account and don't need translating to make a purchase (just hit yellow buttons through checkout lol). But my address and payment is already saved.

@Ryu_Niiyama
I heard that thing was crazy expensive now. I imported it for like $15 shipped from Amazon Japan back when it released.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

You guys gotta see this. Jaffe gets absolutely roasted, and deservedly so…

And then again, for his new take, it gets even more embarrassing lol

This is comedy gold, and will go down in the archives of gaming history for us all to laugh at for years to come. He’s a one of a kind meme generator lol

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

Those videos just make me afraid of getting older. Remind me to stop playing action games by 50.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

rallydefault

Who is that dude? I kinda stopped caring about all this social media stuff.

rallydefault

Ralizah

David Jaffe has gone from being an influential game designer to a has-been clickbait youtuber who can only get people thinking about him again by saying outrageous things on the internet.

Case in point:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/09/twisted_metal_creator...

However, he then shifts focus somewhat to claiming he could damage Sony by sharing dirt on them. In some fairly bizarre threats, he says: "I know things. I know where the bodies are buried. Hell, I know who pulled the trigger before they buried the f*cking bodies. I’m not saying I’m going to give sh*t away that’s going to hurt people, because I don’t want to be a dick, but… you should’ve called. You should’ve called."

The Twisted Metal creator then goes on to stress how he made two franchises for Sony and claims what he has said on YouTube has always been "honest and accurate". "Let’s say this — and I would never reveal these things — but let’s just say that you’re morons Sony if you think that a lot of your meetings are unrecorded and unshared out in the world, because that’s not the case. But I would never share that."

The guy going full DarkSydePhil on Metroid Dread was designed to get a bunch of angry nerds to make videos about him to spread his name and channel around, I'm sure, so... mission accomplished?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing
Shin Megami Tensei V (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Haha ya, maybe. But he made himself the laughing stock of the gaming community to do it, so… 😁

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Gamer83

David Jaffe created some of my favorite game series in Twisted Metal and God of War. Disappointing to see what a moron he really is.

Gamer83

FragRed

This isn’t the first time influential game designers have revealed who they really are to the world and it won’t be the last.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH David Jaffe seen to be wanted Metroid Dread to hand hold him during the entire game, Metroid Dread is suposed to be chaleging to sell the concept of dread.

i like HD Rumble.

skywake

@JaxonH
Your's certainly makes my collection look pretty small. I probably have a similar number of Wii games as you, maybe half the number of Wii U and DS games. 3DS and Switch but.... oof...

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic