Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,281 to 60,300 of 69,981

JaxonH

$50 eShop Credit for $45 at Newegg (10% off) with promo code on page. Limit 3 per customer.

https://www.newegg.com/nintendo-50-00/p/N82E16832074004?item=...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Solaine

@Giancarlothomaz So that finally happened. Guess no surprises here for anyone, i bet

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

FragRed

Uh oh. Bad news… for once Nintendo aren’t behind the times and it’s in a bad way

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Anti-Matter

I just want to know, what will look like if the games have NFT on it especially if the games have physical release?

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter I don't think you understand as most likely it will just be owning the digital asset like a model or some music from the game the same way you can own a prop for a movie. There are games that accept Bitcoin for microtransactions or is used to exchange rare items between games but Nintendo aren't likely to do either of those but I suppose they could use it for something like in Pokemon to prove ownership of a Poke or prove it's a legit/non-hacked Poke.

People don't like it because it's leaves a bad carbon footprint especially cryptocurrency with has led to some countries banning coin farming, it's not much different to just owning a copy and it's very capitalist greed.

There's a link below so you can understand it better.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fungible_token#Games

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@FragRed
That's corporate speak for, "suuuure, we're totally looking into it- get off our butts"

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@JaxonH I am hoping that’s all it ends up being and nothing more. Last thing we need is Nintendo trying to get in on the whole scam.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
Even if they did it wouldn't be in a "scam" manner. There's plenty of positive ways the technology can be used on the backend. Just like any technology. Just because a bunch of stooges are minting jpegs and cashing in on tulip Mania doesn't mean that's the sole and proprietary use case for non fungible Tokens.

Having said that, they made it abundantly clear in their statement, "we don't see a use for it to make games more fun". That pretty much buries it right there.

Ryu_Niiyama

Well I learned a valuable lesson today. You can not say anything positive about Pokemon on the main page or you are taking your life into your own hands.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@CactusMan Except that it would be cheaper for both parties if they just allowed reselling of digital license keys directly without involving NFTs. The license keys themselves are still tied to a central database, so an NFT just adds an additional step and cost for no gain. An NFT implementation needs to be truly decentralized to be worth it.

link3710

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Surprised you didn't realize that years ago, tbh.

I had to block over a dozen troll accounts from the main page, which had made it sooo much less toxic when dropping in to comment.

Ppl latch onto any weakness they deem exploitable and just rapid fire the same criticisms over and over and over and over, on any article, forum post, social media page, etc. This Pokémon is really good so the big thing has been trashing the graphics (even though the game actually looks pretty decent to me, at least in handheld mode).

Grumblevolcano

It'll be interesting to see whether the nonsense "Switch games have PS2 graphics" discussion disappears when PS2 games become readily available via Spartacus.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@Grumblevolcano they’ll go back to saying it looks like the N64. Goal posts can always be moved apparently.

@JaxonH Yeah the block feature is so great. But the way people react is so weird. Like if I was making an argument and someone refuted it (with logic) then that would be fine. I love to discuss games after all. But it was like I blew a dog whistle or something. Like “How dare that lady like something, I don’t like!!! Charge!” I don’t understand when someone sees a person express general happiness that doesn’t impact them and they are like nope that’s illegal here.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
It's good old fashioned insecurity and jealousy.

Ppl become emotionally attached to their preferred platform (which to be fair, I can relate to), but the problem is, many let it get out of control, and allow their emotions to completely and utterly rule them rather than the other way around.

Seeing a great game ppl are loving on a system other than their preferred platform triggers immediate insecurity, since in their eyes, it detracts from the legitimacy and appeal of their platform. To them, it says, "your platform isn't needed, we're having way more fun playing this". Of course that's not the real message being sent, that's just their insecure perception. Like a child who constantly needs attention from mommy, they need perpetual reassurance their platform is the undisputed best, and seeing others have fun with games on other platforms digs hard at their insecurity, because deep down, they start to question whether that's actually true. Maybe it is for them, but they want to believe it's true for everyone, preferences be ******. Otherwise their ego is bruised.

This is why any time a new game releases on another platform, the immediate response is, "take the wind out of its sails and delegitimize it with endless criticism, attack anyone who's excited for it!" and anytime a game releases on their platform it's the best thing since sliced bread. Soon as it gets ported though, and suddenly, "it wasn't that great, it's over rated".

There's also just a lot of ppl who enjoy trashing games. The allure of trolling with negativity knows no bounds. This goes doubly for Pokemon.

Pizzamorg

I hadn't even heard of OlliOlli World, but seeing it getting rave reviews has made me really interested. The Switch version naturally looks rougher than the PC version, but they are the same price. If anyone is buying it, are you guys looking to play this in bursts maybe on that SWOLED screen or do you want to push it as far as it can go on PC? Thinking about which version to pick up.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

jump

@Pizzamorg I've not played OlliOlli World but I've played the previous games in the series, they are normally fun short burst sessions games although this one seems a tad different to those.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg The visuals are flat and the game is 2D, so it's hard to believe it looks much better or worse on any platform.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic