Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,981 to 58,000 of 69,997

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
That's not it. In the same breath they'll defend games on other systems as being "good for the time" and "for the hardware".

Reasonable expectations and standards apply when it's other companies' systems, but when it's a game on Switch, suddenly that goes out the window. That, and gross exaggerations attempting to portray the best looking games as bad as possible (I know opinion is subjective- but these are opinions less than 1% would agree with if you randomly polled genuine players) betrays their bias and motives.

It would be one thing if it was like, Pokémon Arceus, which is genuinely on the ugly side, even by Switch standards. But it's like, the better the game looks, the harder they attempt to convince everyone it's trash.

It's what we refer to, in layman's terms, as console warring. And it feels like I'm trapped here in this one last oasis. Every time I take a single step outside this little sanctuary, bullets are whizzing by. Be it reddit, Twitter, fansite comment sections... it's all over run by trolls who make it their sole purpose in life to make you feel like everything you love is lesser than, so they can feel better about themselves.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

Don't let the ******* get you down. As soon as I get a sniff of a bs comment I hit the ignore button, they are not worth the mental energy.

And @JaxonH - don't forget Metal Slug Tactics!

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarioBrickLayer

@JaxonH If people feel that strongly that Switch games are not at the visual standard they want/expect then why even bother coming to this site? what a waste of their time.

MarioBrickLayer

StuTwo

@JaxonH to answer - yes I’m sure that there are knitting forums where some posters insist that only “knit brand wool” should ever be used and that “brand X” knitting needles should be recalled and the executives from that company shot because their needles suffer from “needle drift”.

It’s human nature. But it’s probably more prevalent with expensive luxury goods (I wouldn’t even want to get started on car forums).

In regards to graphics and performance I can’t imagine what some people would have made of the N64 and PSX if they’d actually grown up in that era (or played original hardware recently). The mind forgets imperfections and only remembers the good things.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

GeeEmm

@JaxonH

Pretty much the reason why I stopped visiting this site.
Who’s looking forward to No More Heroes lll??
I just finished 1 a couple hours ago, and just about to dive into 2 but will switch between 2 and 3 once it releases tomorrow.
Man, what a game! My hands are killing me, especially after the final fight with Henry but it was worth it. Fav fight was probably Bad Girl. Loved how she would try to lure you in with her crying and eventually she’d be like, ***** it!
Also tried the Warioware demo and was pleasantly surprised by it. The variety of companions really helps and it looks great. Can’t wait for Metroid Dread as well! Yeesh, so many games.
Later peeps!

GeeEmm

Ralizah

@JaxonH Tribalism is, frankly, out of control in the Western world at the moment, fueled by social media, distrust of democratic institutions, and online propaganda, and that ugliness is going to filter down into any area of life where people can pick sides, choose teams, etc. Gaming communities are particularly susceptible to 'us vs them' mentalities, since choosing a team also entails a heavy financial investment in an ecosystem.

Don't let it affect the enjoyment you get from the medium. Cut twitter/facebook/reddit/etc. out of your life where it makes sense, put comment section trolls on Ignore, and you'll be way happier overall.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@JaxonH In addition to what other people have brought up, some of them are genuinely here just to cause drama cause they like drama. Ignoring those sorts is the only way to end it.

link3710

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

I can't go on this site's article comment sections anymore. My goodness... I keep saying that but then I drop in occasionally and every single time I do it's the same thing.

What is it about video games that makes people feel so much envy and spite toward other platforms that they feel the compulsion to troll.

@JaxonH

Nothing says "fun" like good old fashioned tribalism. I chalk it up to those peoples' financial situations and/or brand loyalism. Financially, not everybody can play whatever they want whenever they want as you and I are able to. And as far as brand loyalism, it's an easy attention grab; disguised clickbait at its finest.

It's just unfortunate when folks take those facets to the next level and it escalates to hostile threats. When people in the industry (publishers, developers, artists, writers, voice talent, video game journalists, social media influencers, etc) receive death threats on social media it makes you realize how pathetic we the human race are capable of being.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
Perhaps for some. Then again, there are many who do own a particular console, they just resent it and they resent the ones who enjoy it, and spend all their time trying to knock the system and its games down a peg or three.

Their ego is damaged when they see a great exclusive game their "team" can't boast about. It makes them feel like their "team" is inadequate. Solution? Diminish the perceived appeal of the great exclusive. Make it sound as if they are utterly unimpressed. Exaggerate issues, even straight up lie if necessary. Make the ones enjoying the game think they don't feel jealousy to hide the fact that deep down, they're consumed by it.

@Ralizah
Social media and the upvote culture has been a disaster. I can't even count how many times I've seen a reply to others with a different opinion, then screen capping it and posting it on social media with a "Got em" comment below it. Makes me sick to my stomach seeing people act that way.

The team-based, point scoring mentality has infected the entire world. Video games as a hobby feels more like joining a venue full of soccer hooligans, with social media and fansite comment sections being ground zero for a war between clubs.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

YES!

They're finally localizing those Monster Rancher Switch ports worldwide.

This series is fantastic. One of the best third-party properties on early Playstation consoles. MR2, in particular, is an absolute classic.

It's a pity they can't do anything to replicate the innovative disc-based summoning system of the original (like, literally being able to use your CDs and Playstation games to summon new monsters), but everything else should be the same.

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Monster Rancher 2 English version for NINTENDO SWITCH ??!! 😲😲😲
AAAAAAAAGGHH....!!! 😃😃😃
Untitled

Monster Rancher 2 was my teenhood game when i was grade 10 on early 2000.
I want to get Gali, Joker, Monol, Durahan as my favorite monsters from Monster Rancher 2. 😍
Please be physical, be physical release...

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter I wasted countless hours of my life with Monster Rancher 2 raising monsters and cataloguing my games/cds based on what monsters they contained.

I'd love to see ports/remasters of 3 & 4 as well if this does well.

My ultimate hope would be for a new game, but I don't dare to wish for something that unlikely.

Magician

@Ralizah

Monster Rancher western release?

That's pretty hype, I haven't played a game in the series since the original release on PS1.

Fingers crossed for a Southeast Asian physical release double pack or something like that.

[OT] P. S. - Despite the mixed reviews for Fatal Frame V, I've got money down on a SEA copy.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
I really wish for Monster Rancher 3 + 4 English version get remastered and ported to multi consoles as i only have Monster Farm 4 PS2 Japanese version.
The English version of Monster Rancher 3 & 4 are nowhere to be founded on Ebay (already extinct maybe?) 😔

I think Monster Rancher series was such an underrated hidden gem. The battle system on Monster Rancher 2 / 4 was better than Pokemon games in my opinion from my gaming experiences.
While Pokemon, Digimon and Yokai Watch got the popularity, Monster Rancher was like a forgotten IP that got overshadowed by popularity of Pokemon, Digimon and Yokai Watch.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@CactusMan
It's funny, I ran across a video today from a Home Theater enthusiast Youtuber I follow on "Why Are Audiophiles And Home Theater Enthusiasts So Tribal?" It really is everywhere.

He gives a very good answer though. Question is asked at the 32 minute mark, which I time stamped into the link. I think his answer applies in general.

Edited on by JaxonH

Tom-Smo

Did anyone notice that TV Pokémon app on the eShop ?

Tom-Smo

Grumblevolcano

Bravely Default II is coming to Steam on September 2nd (Steam page is up for pre-purchase).

Didn't expect it to come so early though I did predict a PC release months ago given every 3rd party Switch exclusive that doesn't feature Nintendo IP seems to come to PC.

Good that more people get to check it out.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@Tom-Smo No.....But I'm downloading.

Also I had a cool idea that not really original.

What if Nick all star brawl, had 3rd party TV shows? Maybe Billy and Mandy, Maybe Some adult swim cartoons like Rick and Morty, Just to name a few.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@JaxonH Its just people being, well whats the word, yes, Lack of showing opinion, you can think that way, but you yourself present it as fact and not opinion, I think thats why people act that way, or my theory at least.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Magician

CactusMan wrote:

Some people are freaking out Bravery Default isn´t Nintendo exclusive any more. They are everywhere across the isle. Just enjoy the video games, I would applaud porting it to PS4 to.

@CactusMan

Only the zealots are upset. BD II isn't the only third party Switch exclusive to go to Steam and it won't be the last. Could be worse, we could be Sony fans. All of their first party games will be going to PC eventually.

https://venturebeat.com/2021/05/26/uncharted-4-pc-port/

Tee hee.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic