Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,941 to 50,960 of 69,981

Giancarlothomaz

@-Green- Nintendo seen to be doing everything to make Metroid Prime 4 the best game of the franchise, after all they rebooted the development of the game, losing a lot of money in the process, they want to make sure Metroid Prime 4 is a sucess to not only give the best game of the franchise but to also recover the huge bugdet they spent in the game, think you(Nintendo) spent $100.0000 in the development of the game and is forced to take a very difficult decision, release Metroid Prime 4 with his current state and potencially frustrate fans of the franchise with a game that do not correpont with they expectation or reboot the development of the game even if it means to spent the double/twice bugdet of the game to make the best selling game of the franchise and best game of the franchise, it seen that Nintendo have choosen the later option for Metroid Prime 4.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Rexenoboy

I have a feeling 2021 might become the Switch's best year yet. There's almost no official news on first party releases but the possibilities are huge and there are a couple of second and third party exclusives we do know about.

• Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2
  • New Pokémon Snap
  • New mainline Pokémon game (big chance)
  • 3D Kirby game (just rumors for now)
  • Monolith Soft's next game (big maybe)

Who knows what else might be coming? 2021 might turn out great!
Edit: forgot about the Monster Hunter games. 2021 is going to be a great year for Switch owners.

Edited on by Rexenoboy

Treasure Acquired

Grumblevolcano

I think for the Switch's lifespan it'll be something like:

2017 > 2019 > 2021 > 2018 > 2020 > 2022

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

If 2021 goes well I could see it being their best year tbh. But who knows with Ninty. They generally like to spread out their big releases

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I was writing up my surprise at you ranking 2019 above 2021 and started looking up the games released that year. I forgot just how many good third party and indie titles there were that year alongside a solid Nintendo lineup, even with some meh titles like Pokemon SS and Link's Awakening.

While I still think 2021 could outdo 2019 (Especially with things like a potential Mass Effect Trilogy, further 2K support, etc), can't say I blame you now.

But I'd rank my estimates as 2017>2021>2019>2018>2022>2020>2023

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

2021 is automatically the best year because it's the year Atlus gave a ***** about SMT again after years of nothing but Persona milking

If SMTV, Bayonetta 3, SMT 3 HD Remaster, P5S, No More Heroes 3 and an upgraded Switch model all come out next year it will easily top both this and last year in my eyes

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

SMTV, Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Bravely Default 2, Mario 3D World, No More Heroes 3, not to mention SMT3, Persona 5 Striker, YS IX and Trails of Cold Steel IV... and if Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 makes it for the holiday too? And DOOM Eternal comes hitting hard on a Switch Pro?

That's a 2019 topper in my book. 2019 was a phenomenal year, for sure. Zelda BotW, Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2, with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Skyrim? Ya, that's dope. But nothing tops Monster Hunter...

Nothing.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH if all the games we know do happen, nothing gets delayed into 2022, and BotW2 or new 3D Mario and we do get something like one of the rumored Metroid games, Bayo 3, and the next mainline Kirby, and we continue to get amazing 3rd party games (like the rumors on Crash 4 and Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary Edition) I do agree it could top 2017. I'm a little worried that we might see a big gap next year thanks to the COVID hump, we'll have to see.

EDIT: the one thing about 2021 is there's almost no way it'll be as enticing to the general population as 2017. It's a year of games aimed at core gamers (whatever that means) and that's a good thing. Monster Hunter, No More Heroes, Bayonetta, SMT, Disgaea, Metroid, we're looking at entries from a ton of the most beloved niche (well, we'll see how niche MH still is) series in gaming.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Rexenoboy

How could I forget about the Monster Hunter games?
I added them to my list a few posts above this one.

Treasure Acquired

link3710

@Rexenoboy There's also Disgaea 6 if you're trying to make a comprehensive list. Detective Pikachu 2 is also likely, though it may have been delayed to come out nearer to the movie. Rune Factory 5 is also confirmed as an exclusive for next year. Plus, Sports Story, Silksong and Axiom Verge 2 as notable indie exclusives (timed only in Silksong's case).

link3710

-Green-
Someone made this a bit ago about what they felt was at least reasonably possible for 2021.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Giancarlothomaz

@-Green- yes but the diffrence between Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 and Bayonetta 3, is that Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 we actualy see a possible cinematic of the game, when Bayonetta 3 just got a teaser that dindt show how the game is gonna look or play in the Switch.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Rexenoboy

@link3710
Nah, I wasn't trying to make a comprehensive list, but thanks anyway.

Treasure Acquired

Giancarlothomaz

@StuTwo if that so?why would Hal Laboratory keeping adding 3D elements in the 3 previous game of the franchise, if they aren't intereted in making a 3D Kirby game, we even fight the final boss of Kirby Star Alies in 3D, that a sight that Hal Laboratory is slowing preparing ourself for the next mainline Kirby game that is gonna be the first 3D game for the franchise, din't Hal Laboratory said the next mainline Kirby game is gonna be very ambicious and the next evolution of the franchise, and that Kirby Star Alies is end of tradiction, and the next mainline Kirby game is gonna be the pinnacle of the franchise, the only way i imagine the next Kirby game to be the pinnacle of the franchise, is making the first 3D Kirby game.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Magician

Switch's 2021 release schedule has some serious potential to top 2017's. I'm assuming MHR, SMT V, Bayonetta 3, and BotW 2 will be platform-defining experiences. Not to mention everything else coming, plus things that may be coming but haven't been announced yet. It should be a banner year for the hobby overall, not just for Nintendo themselves.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Amazon has joined Google and Microsoft in the Cloud gaming space with Amazon Luna.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Just saw a picture of the controller

It looks a budget third party Switch Pro Controller that'd be made by someone like Mad Catz

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

link3710

Yknow, if we're talking about 2021 games, I'm thinking Battle Network (/ possibly Star Force as well) Collection is nearly dead set for next year. Both the GBA and DS emulators are already working on all platforms thanks to the Zero/ZX collection, and they announced we'd be having a Battle Network celebration in 2021 due to its incoming 20th anniversary. (X collection was released on X's 25th anniversary as well, so there's precedent)

That'd just leave the 3 Legends games (if you include Misadventures of Tron-Bonne), Megaman V + Megaman & Bass as games I'd love to see officially brought forward. Though, it's hard to say if they'll ever even acknowledge Legends again after the debacle that was Legends 3. Might take another 10 years or so for all the execs who were around during that period to be gone before that happens.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic