Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,921 to 50,940 of 69,962

kkslider5552000

so i just bought dbfighterz, i got my copy of xenoblade 2, i have bug fables to finish, i've had mm legacy collection 2 for ages, and there's that disgaea 5 trial to play for free

nintendo shadow drops a kirby game

me: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

porto

I never got into the Kirby series sadly. I liked the ideas, but it was shadowed by it's comparably better counterparts. For me, It was one of those Nintendo series that got lost in the ages, as Kid Icarus or Star Fox did.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Kirby is cute but i never get interested by the gameplay.

Anti-Matter

link3710

Kirby's had it's ups and downs. Superstar Saga is pure Kirby at it's best, Amazing Mirror was a wonderful take on metroidvanias with some very different gameplay for the genre. Planet Robobot also had great levels and some fantastic mixups. But admittedly, some of the major titles (notably Triple Deluxe, Star Allies, and Crystal Shards), just have some issues that make them hard to play.

Still hoping we might see a Crystal Shards remake on Switch, that game could be very good if they upped Kirby's movement speed to not be so plodding.

link3710

Octane

@Slowdive Aren't they just 3D models or something? Because even the ''2D'' games use 3D models these days. Wouldn't want to get my hopes up.

Octane

JaxonH

@Slowdive
There it is.

The Switch Pro is coming. Thank goodness.

Sniper Elite 4 and Monster Hunter looked insane already. And now I'm pretty sure DOOM Eternal will be releasing with the Pro as well.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

I'll have a hard time becoming excited for a Switch Pro if Nintendo doesn't change the analog mechanism for the joy-con.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

StuTwo

@Northwind I don't think that'll be the thinking behind a "pro" revision (should one come).

I think that the main reason for adding a "pro" model at this point is to start discounting the price of the original (well the already silently launched more powerful revision) of the Switch whilst keeping a premium flagship Switch on the shelves at the same price. In such a scenario it doesn't have to sell millions of units itself (especially if it doesn't have any exclusive software) - it's just a mechanism for keeping some customers engaged in the Switch ecosystem who might otherwise start to drift away and allowing Nintendo to more aggressively target lower spending consumers/late adopters with the OG Switch.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

StuTwo

Giancarlothomaz wrote:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/metroid-prime-4-stud... another amazing professional was joined Metroid Prime 4 as the everoiment designer of the game, it look like Metroid Prime 4 development team, is now filled of professional of the higest calibre, Nintendo and Retro Studios really look they want Metroid Prime 4 to be the Zelda BOTW of the franchise.

The news of Retro still hiring key personnel at this stage is slightly concerning I'd say. This is looking like a 2023 game. It's in danger of becoming the "Duke Nukem Forever" of the franchise at this stage.

StuTwo

jump

@Slowdive they are hiring designers, that's early stages of the production.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@Slowdive it’s not one though, it’s another hiring in a string of hirings.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@StuTwo

MP4 has only been in development for little over a year and a half.

I wouldn't be surprised it was the last first party game released for the Switch (2023 or later).

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

-Green-

I think they'll show it off maybe next year with a teaser. But definitely a 2022 or later release.

Unless they reboot development again

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

StuTwo

@Northwind I mean we won't know until they reveal it but the very fact that we're discussing serious rumours on the possibility of a Switch Pro at this point suggests to me that it's intended as an extension strategy for the Switch more than an actual generational replacement (I'd be absolutely shocked if that were the case).

Ultimately we'd probably start to see a situation like the 3DS where some games eventually start to run unacceptably on the original model but I don't think that will happen until after what would have been the Switch's natural end-point anyway.

@Slowdive I hope you're right! I'm not an expert on the inside out of development. I suppose we really don't normally know about a specific Nintendo game at this point in development.

I do wonder what happened to whatever Retro was working on between Tropical Freeze and Metroid Prime 4. I suppose that and the background to the poor state of the original Metroid Prime 4 work are things that we won't hear the truth about for decades.

StuTwo

-Green-

How was Retro Studio's team before they started Prime 4? It feels like every other month they're adding on a new notable member to their team. I wonder if Nintendo's been helping them expand and how involved they've been in this whole process. Considering they went out of their way to reboot development entirely and to give it to Retro, this must mean they view this as a big title for themselves.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

Well given Nintendo fully owns Retro I'd damn well hope they are involved in the process.

I imagine it's a case of Nintendo seeing where Prime 4 was going with whoever was making it, realising it wouldn't be enough, and now choosing to not only hand it to Retro, but also massively expand Retro in doing so.

Two investments in one as it were

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

StuTwo

@Slowdive Interesting indeed.

Given some of the things that Nintendo has been happy to let out of the door in the past few years I really do wonder what state those games must have been in. Tropical Freeze was a top tier platform game (and gorgeous - a real showcase title artistically for the Wii U). They clearly had/have a great creative team that knows how to make great games.

Were they just experimenting with very esoteric gameplay concepts that just weren't fun? Were they working on things that were specifically "Wii U" with no way to be ported onwards? (though considering Tropical Freeze didn't even use the gamepad at all) Were they working on a licensed game that fell through somehow? Something that conflicted with the release of a later third party agreement (like if the rumoured StarFox racing game was in development before Ubisoft approached with a deal involving Starlink that includes its own racing mode). Did they simply lose too many talented staff to other studios when it became clear that Wii U projects were likely to perform poorly in the market?

I think there's clearly some story there.

StuTwo

Giancarlothomaz

@Magician sadly you are right, i starting to lose my hope Metroid Prime 4 is gonna release on Switch, or the game will release on the penumate or final year of Switch or Metroid Prime 4 is gonna be one of the launch titles for Switch sucessor

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic