Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,861 to 50,880 of 70,074

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Idk why retailers competed with each other anyways. It’s not like waiting 24 hrs is going to jeopardize them selling their allotted preorders. Never did understand that. It makes no sense. Most stores put a limit on quantity though so the bots are only good for one purchase per address, which makes it not really worthwhile except for small time hustlers trying to flip a quick hundo. There are some retailers, however, that do not enforce limits. Usually only one or two though. They went live around 6:30pm central time at Target, BestBuy and GS. Amazon was later at around 10:30pm. Not sure about Walmart.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Northwind
I clearly stated “or sufficiently similar”. You represented my ideas as being too different to have meaningful discussion. Which is not true.

And it’s not a strawman to say so.

Furthermore, I didn’t base the argument on “myself“ but on everyone, which I made perfectly clear when I said most people have a better chance when they’re not competing against everyone at the same time. So it’s not I who is misrepresenting arguments here, it is you. I already said I agree it’s bad in principle. But principal isn’t my main concern, it’s the actual effects. And practically speaking, I believe it has a beneficial effect, not just for me, but most normal people seeking preorders. Which is, to clarify, most people who are core fans have a better chance against more casual shoppers who may get sucked into the hype of a preorder date but don’t care enough to otherwise follow news. As a pragmatist, that holds more weight than principle any day of the week. It gives a better probability to the core fans who are more likely to follow breaking news and tilts the odds against the casual shopper who are less likely to follow breaking news. I’m not saying people can’t be upset. If people want to be upset, I can understand that perfectly. But I’m not upset, for reasons clearly stated above.

And there’s no high likelihood of misinterpretation, unless intentional. Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn’t mean you can’t understand what I’m saying. And vise versa. Even if they’re polar opposites.

What’s really happening here is, you’re getting defensive because I have a different opinion and I’m not ceding ground to your own. And your reaction has been to just shut down the discussion completely under the guise of “potential misinterpretation” and the notion discussions can’t be had because me believing differently than you on such a trivial topic is so radically polarizing any hope of communication is is jeopardy.

You could believe the moon is made out of cheese and I’d still have a perfectly civil discussion with you about it knowing full well I’m not going to be persuaded by your beliefs. The idea that my views about such a trivial matter as video games preorder policies are so radical that meaningful discussion can’t be had... is erroneous.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Northwind
Yes but I didnt claim you said that specifically. Me pointing something out isnt the same thing as claiming you said it. In the context of my entire post it was conveyed with pristine clarity that the issue was you portraying my opinions as "too different for discussion".

I made that statement to help build my case that having very different opinions is good, and to press that point, I first clarified that different opinions are a requisite, and therefore the very building blocks of discussion.

Ergo, the idea that different opinions can be hand waved as "too different" is counterintuitive.

Edited on by JaxonH

link3710

So, the official Nintendo site appears to have leaked a game. There's a number of people who claim to have seen it before it was taken down and posted various screenshots of it on multiple pages and on multiple devices. Pretty sure it's real. Plus, HAL was due to release a game anyways, they've never gone more than a year and a half between releases.

Looks like this one will likely be built on the Star Allies engine, like how the previous one was based on Triple Deluxe, since other characters will now be playable. Here's hoping Adeleine and Ribbon made the cut!

link3710

StuTwo

Don’t you just love the NLife community. A conversation that would have been “your mum” followed by a string of insulting and nonsensical meme gifs on reddit is more like something out of an Oxbridge debating society here with lots of verbose language and two hundred word back and forth posts.

Honestly I think we can always have a good robust discussion about anything here - even if the only thing we all agree on is that BoTW is the best Zelda game...

😉

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

gcunit

Northwind wrote:

I never said that. That is a gross oversimplification, a disgusting caricature of what I actually said.

Untitled

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

I hope HAL is working on a Kirby game that's a bit more ambitious than their last game.

Octane

JaxonH

Daily reminder we have a new Monster Hunter coming to Switch 😁

Octane

JaxonH wrote:

I'm excited. The trailer looked very promising. I hope it won't rely too much on the first game, because I haven't played Stories yet.

Octane

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

@JaxonH

Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

An interesting point came to mind, Monster Hunter is the only franchise that has a World of Light area but no playable fighter.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Octane
I'm sure Stories will be completely fine for new players. They know the first game wasnt played by that many people. I think Stories 2 looks spectacular. Visually stunning too. Switch does the cel-shading style very well.

Of course, I'm more excited for MH Rise because I love core MH, but Stories 2 is no slouch either. Definitely on my list of most hyped games of 2021. Hopefully Stories 2 will introduce more Nintendo gamers to the world of Monster Hunter. Between Rise and Stories 2 there's a bit of something for everyone.

@DarthNocturnal
Not a big Smash fan, but I'd be beside myself if they put Monster Hunter in Smash. I bought Marvel vs Capcom Infinite specifically because of MH being a playable character. And, come on. That wirebug would make a PERFECT up-B recovery!

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano that could happen, this could explain why Sakurai added Rathalos one of the most iconic monster of the franchise in Super Smash Bros Ultimate as a boss,since every boss in the World of Light campaign is somehow linked to a playable character of the franchise they represent, Dracula as a boss in Super Smash Bros Ultimate=to Simon and Ritcher Belmont in Smash.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic