Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,761 to 50,780 of 70,145

JaxonH

Holy crap.

Microsoft just bought Zenimax/Bethesda.

Xbox now owns Dishonored, Elder Scrolls, DOOM, Wolfenstein, Evil Within, Prey, Fallout, etc.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Yeah, that is a HUGE deal, @JaxonH .... Great news!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

Microsoft has stealthily been adding top tier studios but this takes the cake.

They have a powerhouse 1st party portfolio now. Obsidian and Bethesda alone are two of the best RPG studios in the industry. Then there's the Hellblade dev too. Minecraft devs. Player Unknown Battlegrounds devs. Wow. On top of the studios they already had making Halo, Forza and Gears.

Microsoft has become a force to be reckoned with this gen.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

@BruceCM how is that great news?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

I'm loving Will of the Wisps even more than the original so far. They kept all the awesome stuff and just expanded the customization options when it comes to how you battle and platform. The addition of more NPCs is really cool, too. Just a fantastic game so far (about 5ish hours I'm in, I'd say) that is well worth the price.

rallydefault

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
???

Doom Eternal is still releasing on Switch. They literally just updated us like 48 hrs ago saying they'd be sharing news very soon.

Ralizah

@Giancarlothomaz Microsoft has zero interest in nuking existing deals Bethesda has made (they're even honoring timed-exclusivity deals Sony made with them, lol) and is even considering allowing future games to release on other platforms as well.

They're not interested in making PS5/Switch worse platforms by sapping them of potential games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

link3710

@JaxonH Normally I'd be more worried, but outside of Doom, Bully and Wolfenstein, the majority of Bethesda series will always be PC games to me. Especially stuff like Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

I hope we keep getting Doom / Wolfenstein games on Switch (it does seem possible at least), and I'd like to see Dishonored, but the rest of Bethesda's catalog can stay on PC and I'd be fine with it.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I'll miss the days of Bethesda porting Skyrim to everything.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Who says they'll stop doing that .....?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

@link3710 I’m pretty sure Bully is a Rockstar game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

@jump Yeah it is, don't mind me. I'm just posting while sick, great plan lol.

link3710

Magician

If anything the Bethesda acquisition by MS is more about bolstering their Game Pass Ultimate offerings rather than locking up exclusives.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of May 20th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic