Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,521 to 50,540 of 69,981

JaxonH

#1) We already knew that

#2) We NOW know it likely will release, given the GameStop listing, temporary listing on Ubisoft’s own site, and even Ahmed saying in the very article linked above that it won’t happen “in January”, not “it won’t happen”.

So... the actual conclusion should be that it seems it WILL be releasing on Switch.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

@Giancarlothomaz This was literally known before the game was revealed

Also based on the Ubisoft website error it's probably going to come out after the other platforms so it actually is coming out on Switch, just after it's been out for several months other other systems

Par for the course with Switch multiplats really

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Tyranexx

I started working my way through XC's Future Connected earlier. Loving it so far, even if it is serving as a bit of a lite version of the main adventure. I do miss chain attacks, but it is nice to not worry about needing to forge gems. Kino and Nene are both charming characters, but they're basically substitutions for Reyn and Sharla. Gotta love how they changed the names for some of their Arts. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano i imagine if Nintendo do a HD version of Metroid Prime Trilogy, they problaby gonna use the Gyrocospe of Switch and Touch Screen for the moment you need to use motion, a eventual release of Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch, make me wonder what kinda of Control scheme, Nintendo is gonna use for Metroid Prime 4, is gonna use a similar control scheme of Metroid Prime 1 e 2 or something similar to Metroid Prime 3?

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Maybe Galaxy 2 being an unlockable doesn't seem too unrealistic. The new Nintendo Minute video shows off the title screen intro for 3D All Stars and the music is the Galaxy 2 star get theme.

20 seconds in.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

Dezzy wrote:

skywake wrote:

edit: I'm simplifying it a lot saying just those three games. What I'm basically saying is that nobody is buying the Switch now for its high end visuals so some other product coming out with even higher end visuals doesn't change the equation.

Well yeah but I don't really buy PS or Xbox for the high end visuals either. That's just a nice bonus. I mostly buy them so I can play the latest AAA games, both first and third party. In that respect there's definitely a huge overlap between the audiences because there's plenty of overlap between the types of games on offer.

I'm not saying there isn't overlap it's just that the PS5 launching doesn't change the appeal of the Switch. Particularly when it doesn't appear to have hit its peak quite yet.

I mean they moved 21mill units last FY, up from 17mill units in 2019. For context the PS4 peaked at just under 20mill in 2018 and the Wii peaked at 24mill in 2008. And honestly, Nintendo has done pretty well for itself during COVID, their last two quarters were higher than the 2020FY.

Basically what I'm saying is even if Nintendo did release a Switch Pro that was "more competitive" with the competition on performance? I don't think it would change much because that's not what people are buying the Switch for. Not that I think a Switch Pro would be a bad idea, I'd probably pick one up towards the end of next year myself if it was an option. I just don't think it's at all needed as a "response" to the PS5

If Nintendo had a response to the PS5 Mario Kart Live would be more effective than a Switch Pro......

Dezzy wrote:

The fact that I never got round to Horizon Zero Dawn is absolutely because I was spending all my "gaming time" playing Breath of the Wild at the point when it came out (and by the time I'd finished, something else new had grabbed my attention).

This is true. But it's also true that all these companies compete with entertainment more broadly. For example I recently have got pretty deep into Plex, specifically ripping UHD BluRays and streaming them across my local network. Because I'm a network and storage nerd and the idea of that being a thing would have blown my mind 10-15 years ago.

If Lord of the Rings came out on UHD BluRay I would not be playing games that weekend. So in that sense, for me, Nintendo competes with Plex.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

The Switch is only competition for PS5 in that people as a whole have limited money and time for video games.

Granted, I am kind of expecting a Switch Pro to come out and I'm expecting a notable Ps5 game* to be ported to it as a showcase to it

*by PS5 game, I mean a game that can run perfectly well on PS4 and comes out on both, but is sneakily marketed as a Ps5 game while trying to ignore the PS4 version as much as possible. That is blatantly going to happen, let's be honest. Nintendo would be smart to take advantage of this.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

I don’t think we’ve seen a “response” to PS5/XSX yet.

A lot of people get the idea in their head that a “response” has to be during the launch window, As if 100 million people are going to decide whether they buy switch or another system in that three month window. The truth is, it doesn’t matter what Nintendo does because the new consoles will sell out for the first 3-6 months to their diehard fan base regardless. So there’s little point in responding during that time frame.

The real battle will be for over a period of years following their launch. Which means their real response will be the games we see throughout 2021 and 2022. That’s the response. Whatever games are releasing this September or October is not even remotely their response. It’s not time to respond yet and you don’t respond with one or two games in a one or two month period leading up to their launch. You respond with two dozen games over the course of 24 months after their launch and a new hardware revision during that time frame.

Come 2023, only then, in hindsight, will we have clarity concerning Nintendo’s actual response. And while it is true Nintendo Switch sells for different reasons, and is thus less impacted directly, The fact remains they are all competing for attention via entertainment. And so while it does not necessarily need the same graphics heavy AAA games to compete, it does need a compelling reason for people to buy it over other forms of entertainment, And you can be sure Nintendo knows that better than any of us. Count on 2021 and 2022 being solid years for Switch fans.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

2021 and 2022 might be affected due to C19, but that doesnt mean it's intentional. If some games dont make it, it's because they couldn't, not because they didnt try. And Nintendo will certainly be trying to come hard these next two years, to the extent they realistically can.

Thankfully, any 2021 titles delayed will likely become 2022 titles and fill the gaps of any delayed 2022 titles. And since we have so much coming in 2021 already, I dont think one or two titles being pushed back will really have much effect anyways.

Ralizah

kkslider5552000 wrote:

*by PS5 game, I mean a game that can run perfectly well on PS4 and comes out on both, but is sneakily marketed as a Ps5 game while trying to ignore the PS4 version as much as possible. That is blatantly going to happen, let's be honest. Nintendo would be smart to take advantage of this.

The REAL reason Kena: Bridge of Spirits was delayed.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DannyBoi

I'm playing the original borderlands. I have beaten the rakk hive and got the 3rd vualt key piece. How far am I from the end?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah lmfao wasn't that basically what happened with Breath of the Wild post-Switch reveal?

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

Pretending that the last gen version of a crossgen release doesn't exist does have its benefits. I mean look at Halo Infinite, Microsoft focused so much on promoting that 1st party games for the first year or 2 of Series X are crossgen that most discussion about Halo Infinite is "XB1 version should be cancelled because it's holding back the Series X version".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH who know, Nintendo might now trying to adapt to Covid-19 problem, making everything to release the schedule games in 2021/2022, remember that a game take years to be developed and released, they don't want to delay big games like Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 e Bayonetta 3 to be released in 2021, and delay to 2022/2023, delaying a big game like Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 that is problaby release in 2021 as the holiday title of Switch for 2021, is gonna afect deeply Nintendo sales.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Magician

@Giancarlothomaz @Slowdive

Earlier this month Capcom announced that they would be talking about Street Fighter V and Resident Evil VIII during TGS 2020, they didn't mention bringing anything else to the show.

Monster Hunter is Capcom's biggest franchise at the moment, thanks to immense western sales. Capcom would probably prefer to reveal the next entry on their terms rather than keeping the announcement isolated to a convention the bulk of their audience won't be watching.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic