Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,521 to 50,540 of 51,132

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Intriguing. Well, they only ever announce Smash Amiibo info in a direct if it's alongside other Smash info, never on its own. So that suggests that we aren't getting Smash info if we have a direct this month, which shouldn't be a surprise.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 There hasn't been a Smash amiibo announcement in a Direct since February 2019 so it wouldn't be the deconfirmation of Smash news in a July Direct but it would be deconfirmation of the release date being close to the announcement date which is obvious given Min Min came out last month. 7 fighters spread over 2 years with Byleth in January and Min Min in June would suggest the next fighter would be in September at the very earliest.

I'd imagine any Smash news in a Direct would be some sort of fighter reveal whether the actual fighter or just a franchise tease followed a release window of fall or winter 2020.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

@Heavyarms55 Europe had the game Friday. NPCs very rarely have different things to say. They'll change what they say based on context of where they are, or if an event is near. Getting friendly with a person will also change what they say. It's certainly not like Animal Crossing where they'd have a choice of various things to talk about each time you did talk to them.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Heavyarms55

@DarkRula That explains it.

And that's honestly quite a bummer. How will I know if I've become closer to them?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Magician

@gcunit @Heavyarms55 @link3710

Ah, my mistake, I was looking at the article date rather than the GI issue date.

Switch Physical Collection - 639 games (as of August 5th, 2020)
Currently playing: Coffee Talk (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

sixrings

Nintendo releasing more plastic and old DK country games to distract us from the fact there are no new games coming out. Sure reminds me of my amiibo collection during the Wii u life.

sixrings

-Green-

At least, in this case, we can blame it largely on a notable pandemic messing with everything and not them having a floundering console

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

sixrings

@-Green- games take years to develop. The games which were supposed to be released this year should have been close to done when the pandemic began. Other companies are figuring it out but Nintendo and it's fans are using the pandemic as an excuse.

sixrings

link3710

@sixrings Didn't a brand new game come out this week...? No games announced yeah, not no games coming out.

link3710

-Green-

Yes and the pandemic has likely thrown a wrench in how and when they planned to market their games, development etc. The closest we have to go on is that they said it hasn’t impacted them but that’s a debatable claim to begin with considering the context of the place they said it in.

This year has had been a mostly bad year for games in general with lots of delays and companies struggling to work with the situation. Nintendo has always been behind the times so it’s not surprising they’d be hit hard by it. Anyways my point is that the situation is different than during the Wii U era. I understand the comparison since we’re in a drought for info but the explanations behind it are different

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

sixrings

@link3710 there is ONE system to develop for. They used to have two. There should be a more healthy stream of games coming out. Sorry I wrote NO games coming out the week of paper Mario. My comment I guess would be relevant next week. I hate that this community thinks I don't support Nintendo because I don't see them as the perfect company.

sixrings

Magician

@sixrings

It could be worse. You could be a MS fan. What was the most recent Xbone exclusive? Bleeding Edge back in March?

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

sixrings

@Magician I am making the assumption that xbox knew the last year or two of xbox one was a right off, has abandoned ship, but there will be series x games. I honestly don't know what's up with Nintendo. Again I own 4 switches. Have owned every Nintendo console. But I am disappointed with how few new games are being released from a company which used to have to develop for multiple systems. If there isn't enough man power outsource the ports and buy some studios. Clubhouse 51 is the only game I bought in 2020.

sixrings

Octane

I do think that a Direct wouldn't hurt at this point. They don't have anything after Paper Mario. Even if the virus delayed their games by a month or so, that wouldn't rule them out from revealing them. We'll have something to look forward to at least.

Octane

Magician

I expect a Treehouse event to cover Bravely Default II in August or September.

Anyone expecting a Direct here in July...will probably be disappointed.

link3710

@sixrings Uh, no I just think you're a rager who always wants to be upset since you post 100% negative posts and are never happy.

But that aside, I was just correcting the facts, no duh there's issues. Them having nothing announced is just as much an issue as them having nothing coming out. You just see me stating facts that contradict your narrative as me calling them perfect, when instead I said that they were making a different mistake.

Also, most people around here are regularly upset at Nintendo, they're just also able to acknowledge they're doing a lot right this gen as well. So please just stop with the pity party already, no one is out to get you or anything.

As for the one system thing... All I'll say is try adding up the actual number of exclusives from the 3DS + Wii U era, and only count dual releases once and compare it to now. You might be surprised just how few unique games really were coming out back then. Again, not that they don't need to step it up, but the issue is they need to step up development group growth and replace lost devs like AlphaDream and Skip Ltd, not that they've suddenly fallen back to making less games for no reason.

link3710

sixrings

@link3710 I just love games. Listen last night my family had a lan party. What were the games???? Splatoon 2 and then Mario Vs Sonic Olympics Soccer. That is pretty sad. One game is super old and the other game isn't exactly stellar

sixrings

Anti-Matter

@sixrings
And then so what ?
If they happy with Mario & Sonic game and Splatoon 2, good for them.
The sad thing was your comment above.

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

SKTTR

@sixrings You're tending to overreaction if you label a current gen game like Splatoon 2 super-old. I wouldn't even call anything last gen "super-old". By my definition dinosaurs are super-old.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

link3710

@sixrings Well, if you're just looking for other local multiplayer games, there are plenty of great options other than those. Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Overcooked 1 or 2, Chicken Horse, Rocket League, NSMBU DX, Super Bomberman R, Death Squared, Sonic Mania, Minecraft Dungeons, Diablo 3, Darksiders Genesis, Snipperclips, Jackbox, Killer Queen Black, Moving Out, Cuphead, Super Mario Maker 2, Fast RMX, are all ones I've played.

Also MUA3, Super Mario Party, Clubhouse Games, Mario Tennis, and Luigi's Mansion 3 but I'd call those more good than great.

This year's been pretty single player focused though, only Clubhouse Games, Animal Crossing, Borderlands 1/2/pre-sequel, Mr. Driller Drillland (don't sleep on this one), Spongebob, Minecraft Dungeons, Shovel Knight Showdown, Zombie Army Trilogy, Jedi Academy, Darksiders Genesis, and Speedrunners released this year so far with notable local multiplayer.

Hope some of those help! There's probably enough variation here for you to find something I'd hope.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic