Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,601 to 47,620 of 69,995

redd214

Good to see others excited about the Clubhouse games title. Once I saw it I knew it was a must buy for us. Having all those board games avaiable at a moments notice without having to dig around and setup will be very helpful in my home.

redd214

TuVictus

I definitely want the clubhouse games as something to play when we have guests over. It seems perfect, even for non gamers, for obvious reasons

TuVictus

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Switch is amazing, and Nintendo took the first step to clawing their way back into the AAA third-party scene with it. But some publishers aren't gonna be moved by one good console after a string of Nintendo consoles that burned them, starting with the Gamecube. I think if the follow-up to Switch is just as excellent, you'll start to see 1.) more CURRENT third-party releases and 2.) hold-outs like EA finally actually commit.

Yes the usual "Nintendo doesn't really care about the third-party scene" people pipe up on this all the time, but look at how much third-party support means to a console, even if most of it is 360-era ports. It at least starts a dialogue like we're having.

rallydefault

veeflames

I'll jump aboard that Clubhouse Games train. Really wish that game released sooner than it's going to, especially in times like this.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

JaxonH

@Gamer83
You played Sin & Punishment Star Successor too? What a great game that was. Co-op was a little lame by P2 only controlling an aiming cursor, but single player was so good. Klonoa, that was also good. Never played Madworld but I do own it. And No More Heroes.

I'd like to see all those games make the jump. Especially since Wii games benefit so much from the HD bump. Last Story would be a dream come true, which is why I know it'll likely never happen 😉 Pandora's Tower should come over too. That was a really unique game, there.

@NintendoWiiDS
They'd be idiots not to. And yes, I do believe we'll eventually see the game on Switch, the whole thing. But it's not guaranteed, and I'd just prepare for it not happening just in case. At the end of the day, it's just one game. If it comes, great, if not, oh well. Can always play it on PC if it means that much to you. Or play Persona 5 Scramble which, from what I played, feels very similar. Should tide you over in the meantime since, if it does come, it seems like it'll be a while.

@Zuljaras
They are perfect. Built for systems of similar power. And because they're almost all going handheld for the first time ever, theres a reason to buy whether you've never played or you have and just really love the game and want a hybrid version.

@rallydefault
For sure, and that's something I've noted myself on occasion. Nintendo really did fail to provide a viable platform for 3rd parties more than a decade. And that's going to take time to mend. And, it's going to take time to feel out which games sell on Nintendo platforms and which don't.

Honestly, I'm surprised we've seen as much support as we have. It's been a complete 180 from the dire forecasts of 2017. I think it goes to show that, you're right, you don't need every cutting edge game and definitely don't need them day one. Just so long as there's good games with a reason to buy- and if people rebuy ports and remasters and collections on other systems where you're only getting a minor spec increase, certainly people are going to be interested in ports and remasters and collections on Switch, where you not only get a handheld version for the first time, but retain the TV play also and the ability to switch back and forth between them. Even more so given a larger share of the audience never played the games.

Finally seeing EA come on board with Burnout Paradise and Crysis Remastered is nice. Especially since there aren't that many EA games being released I actually care about any more. Not like they're doing a Mass Effect or Dragon Age trilogy any time soon.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@JaxonH
I would totally buy a Dragon Age Trilogy release for Switch. Origins is one of my favorite games of all time, and going handheld with those would be fantastic. Same goes for Mass Effect. 0% change I'd sit down to replay all those games on my TV, but handheld is a different story.

rallydefault

JaxonH

@rallydefault
Dragon Age is particularly great on Win 2. But Mass Effect...that game on PC sucks.

The controller just doesnt work properly, keyboard and mouse only. Can get controller to work on one analog but not the other and makes noises when pressing buttons. It's a disaster. Guess you have to I follow some tutorial and edit files in the install location and install a mod to get controllers to work properly. Which SUCK because it's more hassle than it's worth. Which means X1 BC is best way to play, but theres no gyro.

Mass Effect 3 on Wii U had gyro though, but can't play the other games. This is why a trilogy remaster is needed, more so than most other games.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoWiiDS

@JaxonH Let’s hope Atlus does bring P5 over. I actually played Sin and Punishment Star Successor as well and I absolutely loved it. Back when it launched on Wii I was surprised it came over to the west considering we never got the original. What an exhilarating experience and the combat was so satisfying.

NintendoWiiDS

JaxonH

Looks like a Warhammer 40k game is releasing soon. I found a decent review in case anybody is interested. I really don’t know much about Warhammer, but I do know @zionich loves it and is the one that really told me about the series and piqued my interest. Although I’m not sure if they are even still on the site or, what their thoughts are about this particular entry.

@NintendoWiiDS
For now, my sights are set on Persona 5 Scramble. Just waiting on a Western localization announcement. They actually asked in a survey if fans “wanted to see it localized” like, are you kidding me? Why would you not localize it? You localize every other dance spin off and fighting game. I think it just didn’t do as well as expected, and neither did P5. And now they are questioning how much demand there is in the west. But it’s like yeah, no duh, Who would’ve thought releasing the same game on the same exact platform wouldn’t garner the same level of success as releasing on a different platform? What a revelatory insight.

Anyways, Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor is legendary. There are a lot of genres of video game. And that game is the peak of the genre, rivaled only by Star Fox 64 3D. And if I had to choose between the two, I’d choose Sin & Punishment 2.

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus does a survey asking if people want SMTV released on Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoWiiDS

@JaxonH I agree with you, I think Scramble looks incredibly impressive and it truly invigorates the unmistakable style of Persona 5 into the Dynasty Warriors series. From what I’ve heard, Scramble takes place after Persona 5, so it does seem rather peculiar that Atlus hasn’t given Switch owners P5 yet, especially with Joker’s appearance in Smash Ultimate: that would have just served as sublime marketing for a Switch port last year. I hope Scramble gets localised within the year.

Star Successor was such a fantastic time and I go back to it every now and again on my Wii U. The on-rails shooting segments of Kid Icarus Uprising spring to mind when I play the game now; that’s a masterpiece that I’m dying for a remaster/sequel to despite the literal physical pain it caused me. I believe that this genre is extraordinarily underrated in the video game industry and these games are interactive proof of such a notion.

Star Fox 64 is one of my favourite games of all time and I just want a new entry with the same general gameplay, that doesn’t rehash the same story, planets, dialogue and villain for the umpteenth time and doesn’t carry the series kicking and screaming into a bizarre direction like Command. I think if Treasure (the Star Successor developers) handled a Star Fox game, pure magic would ensue. I initially thought Zero would be amazing with Platinum Games at the helm, but it turned out to be an experience that I don’t resent to the extent that others do, but one that reeks of missed potential and a lack of ambition and new ideas. It’s kind of depressing that Ubisoft arguably sent Team Star Fox on their most exciting adventure since 64 with Starlink and they weren’t even the primary characters. I don’t know if you’ve played it or the DLC, but the cutscenes and interactions between Star Fox and Star Wolf were rendered at such a high fidelity and gave me a minuscule taste as to what form the series could assume in contemporary times. I doubt we’ll get another instalment in the franchise for at least five years though and that saddens me to no end.

Edited on by NintendoWiiDS

NintendoWiiDS

sixrings

Are the screenshots and videos on the eshop compressed. I have been eyeing the 51 clubhouse games coming out soon but I swear it looks blurry.

sixrings

JaxonH

@NintendoWiiDS
SMTV is still being worked on. Like Bayonetta 3. They’ll share when they’re ready. They just announced it early is all. I believe they gave an update last year or late 2018 stating development had gone full scale.

I liked Starlink, especially with the StarFox content. But it felt like it was missing something... Idk. It was a good game, don’t get me wrong. But more of a 7.5/10 for me. Maybe an 8/10 given the StarFox characters and cutscenes.

I really do need to fire up the Wii U again. Now I wanna replay Sin & Punishment 2. There’s actually a number of key titles the Wii U provides. More than I give it credit for sometimes, I think.

@Grumblevolcano
Wouldn’t surprise me.

@sixrings
Looks normal to me.

GeeEmm

I am still shocked that Altus were actually asking if we wanted P5S in the west.
Just unbelievable.

GeeEmm

NintendoWiiDS

@JaxonH My main issue with Starlink was how repetitive the gameplay became after a while, but that’s kind of how a lot of Ubisoft’s open world efforts are: they have a myriad of content, but there isn’t too much variety within that content.

NintendoWiiDS

link3710

@NintendoWiiDS While that was definitely an issue, it was certainly one that would have been able to be overcome if they continued. Alas, tying the game to toys doomed it.

link3710

NintendoWiiDS

@link3710 Agreed, as cool as Starlink was, the Toys to Life business model was simply not sustainable and oversaturated, leading to its demise.

NintendoWiiDS

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

Mass Effect 3 on Wii U had gyro though, but can't play the other games. This is why a trilogy remaster is needed, more so than most other games.

Bit weird that we never got a trilogy remaster for that.

I wonder if it's down to the fact that the first game feels very rough if you play it today. The story's great, but the gameplay and graphics are pretty rough. So maybe they felt like it'd need a full-on remaster to make it presentable, and therefore would be too much work.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoeDiddley

The wait for SMTV can be frustrating, but I’m still working through a huge wealth of games in the series. I think I’ve completed 7 SMT/Persona RPGs in the last year. And played quite a bit of Arena and the dancing games too. So there is enough to tide me over, I doubt we’ll get it this year.

I’m also wondering how long it will take to get P5S if Catherine is July and it isn’t even announced for the West yet.

I haven’t finished Persona 5 (on my PS3) because every time I give up hope on it coming to Switch the chatter starts again.

It seems unlikely the main Persona series games are coming to a Nintendo console, just the spin offs. But stranger things have happened, I’m playing a Final Fantasy game on my Switch at the moment afterall.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic