Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,921 to 44,940 of 69,981

link3710

@NintendoByNature I have one of those that I only break out for multiplayer nights, and it's always worked fine. Though it really depends on what you need, are you looking for something to use regularly or only for friends when they come over?

link3710

Matthew010

@Loxy Please don't beg for money. Also, at this time of year, is it not possible your parents wouldn't want you to buy games so that they can give them to you for Christmas?

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

NintendoByNature

@link3710 just for fun every now and then. I really like the right stick can be swapped for a full size one but I'm worried it'll be fragile because of it. How is it?

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature I'll be honest, I totally just went to pull it out and take a look, and I realized it's the PowerA themed wired controller not the PDP wired gamecube style controller whoops. Shows how often I use it.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 no problem. I think the power A is only 16 bucks so either way, they're both inexpensive. But I don't want to waste the time or money if they're cheap and fragile

NintendoByNature

gcunit

That looks a sweet update. Can't wait.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

Such a cool update. I still play smm2 every now and then. This new zelda aspect will definitely drag me back in more.

NintendoByNature

link3710

Despite the late date, I'm thoroughly impressed. Most of those updates are clearly going to give some serious new features to incorporate into courses, P-Blocks being my personal favorite. Plus, that's an amazing power-up... too bad it's limited to SMB.

link3710

Dezzy

That's a pretty hefty free update. The Zelda thing is surprisingly deep. I thought it was gonna be just a cosmetic difference.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

iKhan

RR529 wrote:

@iKhan, what about Ratchet & Clank, the Gravity Rush games, Tearaway Unfolded, Astro Bot, the Everybody's Golf games, Concrete Genie, MediEvil, the Knack games, and the Last Guardian?

Granted, there's a few mediocre games in there (and a few are enhanced Vita releases if those don't count for whatever reason), but after owning a PS4 for awhile I'm surprised the myth of them only putting out hyper realistic looking games still persists (though I'll admit many of their bigger marketed games fall into this category).

Very fair point. I definitely forgot about The Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, and Knack and I have never heard of Everybody's Golf, Concrete Genie, and MediEvil. I wasn't really considering Vita remakes, mainly because the main gripe I'm expressing is Sony's unwillingness to utilize the PS4's power to create interesting and appealing art styles. Also, though I'm pretty sure that it was implied by my original post, I'm talking about Sony published exclusives, so games like Ni No Kuni II doesn't count.

I think the reason a lot of people think that Sony is only putting out hyperrealistic games is because that's pretty much all they are heavily publicizing. It's pretty much everything they talk about at E3, and the fact that I had never heard of three of the games you mentioned is indicative of how little Sony stresses them.

Even during launch, Sony's first big titles were Infamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886. Microsoft's first big titles were Killer Instinct and Sunset Overdrive. The perception wasn't helped out by the fact that Sony pretty much gave Japanese developers the cold shoulder this gen (Where stylized visuals tend to be more common)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

link3710

Man, I just had to go back to watch the Ratchet & Clank trailer. Still, haven't gotten to play that game (well the remake anyways), but my gosh is it gorgeous looking.

@iKhan They definitely did advertise Knack too during launch... then it became a meme and Sony started avoiding advertising cartoony games. Not sure if that was cause and effect or just Sony being Sony though.

link3710

Ralizah

I might start playing SMM2 again once that Master Sword drops. It seems like a VERY different sort of character. Although I do hope we get some Zelda-themed enemies and items to go with it at some point.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Wow, that's awesome, @Toy_Link .... Might be a good idea for them to port 1&2 before that, though?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@BruceCM The trouble is that 1 & 2 are published by a different company in the West. NIS ports everything to Switch, but Marvelous USA (AKA XSEED) generally doesn't port to new platforms.

This will have a Persona 5 S problem, because these games are highly interconnected story-wise.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MsJubilee

Toy_Link wrote:

Falcom’s The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 is coming to Switch in Spring 2020. It will be published (and presumably ported by) Nis America.
https://nintendoeverything.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of...

It would've been very foolish for Falcom not to support a successful platform like the Switch. Happy, they changed their minds.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

I just bought Trails of Cold Steel 3 too, thinking it would never come to Switch.

Youd think I'd have learned my lesson- I dont buy games on other system specifically because they almost always come to Switch, but made an exception for this one. Will be listing on eBay tonight. Least it's new and value hasn't dropped yet.

And Switch is getting a collector edition with steelbook and all kinds of goodies.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Ah, well, I played 1 & 2 on Vita, @Ralizah .... So, I'll happily get 3 on Switch but it'd really make sense to have them all there
Maybe some sort of deal can be arranged with NISA porting those 2, at least? Otherwise, anyone who hasn't played them is not going to be able to fully enjoy 3 &, presumably, 4

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

Toy_Link wrote:

Falcom’s The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 is coming to Switch in Spring 2020. It will be published (and presumably ported by) Nis America.
https://nintendoeverything.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of...

Can't remember if I bought this one already ( I really can't wait till I move so i can finish taking inventory.) but I have the first two and I don't remember what happened...(granted this is only the recent trilogy in a series of eight games) so I'll be fine going into the 3rd one blind i think.

I do find it funny that Falcom is going from saying they don't know how to code for switch to noticing the sales figures in the west (but not noticing them in Japan? seriously?!) for switch consoles. Switch is Jrpg and VN wonderland, so this should have not been something that they are just now paying attention to.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic