Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,621 to 44,640 of 70,025

rallydefault

It took a looooooong time. I hope King of Cards is good! (Shovel Knight is seriously one of the greatest platformers of all time.)

rallydefault

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Christ, ANOTHER Shovel Knight campaign. I've been getting a new campaign every couple of years or so since 2014.

Guess I'll be busting out the ol' 3DS soon.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault for sure. Im so amped for this I may not even get AC rebel collection which i had on my day 1 buy list. I think they're releasing really close to eachother. I'll be going all in on release day for KoC and maybe dabble a little in showdown. But i agree 100%. It's top 3, maybe even #1 best action platformers ever. I kinda lump it into a different category than 2d Mario platformers since its just as heavily focused on combat as it is on platforming. ugh!!! I can't wait!!!

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

The new nintendo switch lite is cheaper than the old switch...🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@Ninfan but the old Nintendo switch is the same price as the new Nintendo switch revision. Chew on that 😉

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea, I have Shovel Knight in my top 3 platformers. I did like the plague knight stuff, but I prefer the more straight-up platforming/action of the original Shovel Knight.

rallydefault

Ruthless4u

@ninfan

Keep in mind the switch lite does not have all the features the regular switch does.

Ruthless4u

Ninfan

Ruthless4u wrote:

@ninfan

Keep in mind the switch lite does not have all the features the regular switch does.

@Ruthless4u yeah the lite switch makes the original switch look brilliant...😵😵😵😵😵

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault I actually wasn't crazy about plague of shadows dlc.. But I LOVED spectre of torment and shovel of hope equally. I can't wait to see how KoC shapes up.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

The new nintendo switch lite is cheaper than the old switch...🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

But you cannot connect Switch Lite to TV, unless if you have some magic.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Switch already looked brilliant.

Only thing the Lite does is make the Lite look brilliant. It’s the pinnacle of handheld gaming. I might even go so far as to say it’s the perfect handheld. The magnetic flip case is what gives it that nudge it needed. Not being pocketable was a pretty big detriment to Switch if you’re talking about being a perfect handheld. The Lite solves the size issue and the flip case solves the “analogs protruding out” issue. Together they make an unstoppable pair.

Ordered Wargroove on Switch, had some wrinkle or small ripping on cover art along the spine. Something that’s been becoming more and more common. So I order another one and it has the same problem. I order another one and it has the same problem. Take all 3 back to BestBuy, figured I’d just cherry pick one at the store, and all 3 copies at the store also have the problem.

Like, are you serious? 0 for 6? So I returned my three and just made a new online order for another three. Bound to get a good one eventually... or so you’d think.

Whoever is producing their physical game cases and cover art has severe quality control issues. This is not limited to just this one game, this is something that’s happening across the board with over 50% of the Switch games I receive in the mail now. It’s gotten to the point I make weekly trips to Best Buy to return all the ones that accumulate for a return. The lady at customer service now knows me by name and we chat as friends every time I stop in. That’s how often I’m going in there due to this issue.

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this. I imagine people who don’t pay attention to the condition of the games they buy probably haven’t. But it’s becoming a pretty serious problem. But I always go out of my way to return them and get a good one. If I’m paying hard-earned money for a game I expect there to not be damage, even if it is just wrinkles and small tears along the spine. That’s the one part of the case that shows on the shelf and I don’t want brand new, day one purchased games looking like they dug out of a Goodwill basket.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NotTelevision

I didn’t complete the Plague Knight DLC because I found the controls to be really strange. Anyone else have that problem?

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision 100%. That was my main issue with that campaign. I Did complete it, but it was very hard to control. I'm not even willing to say I got used to it because i really didn't.

NintendoByNature

TheFrenchiestFry

The Switch Pro Controller works really well with Steam now
I test drove it with Mirror's Edge, FFXV, Nier Automata, Street Fighter V and all 5 Devil May Cry Classic games and it works damn near perfectly

For some reason it was easier for SFV to register Shoryu motions and Supers with the Switch Pro Controller's d-pad compared to Ultra SFII and the SF 30th Anniversary Collection

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

@BlueBlur101 Did it not work well before when Steam first added support for the Pro Controller?

I always use my DS4 on Steam. It's perfect.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Who's looking forward to Saga Grace Ambitions & Star Ocean 1st Departure R....?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

rallydefault

@NotTelevision
Yea the controls for him just weren't intuitive enough. With some power ups and stuff I eventually did get used to it and beat the game, but it is definitely on a lower level than spectre knight doc and the main game.

rallydefault

Gerald

Yie Ar Kung Fu releases today as part of Arcade Archives according to Hamster Website. Played this a lot during the 80s on Amstrad

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic