Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,801 to 42,820 of 69,992

Banjo-

@NEStalgia I appreciate what CD Projekt has done here on Switch but I also believe that the game is better played on Xbox One X. By the way, I finally beat every single (final versions) Kingdom Hearts game including the Nintendo DS games so I'm ready for Kingdom Hearts III...

I am so disappointed that the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI is not leaving Japan in spite of the game having an English localisation but at least the 16 bit mode has been duplicated on Switch.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@NintendoByNature It's the favourite game of one of my friends. It's a well-crafted and balanced RPG where magic is the main focus.

Banjo-

rallydefault

Yea, the 3DS would have had to be Nintendo's savior if Switch failed. Although I kinda think Nintendo would have gone 3rd party if the Switch bombed. I think they would have given the Switch about 2 years if it was failing before packing it in. Two failed consoles in a row is tough to come back from, even if you do have a successful (but fading) handheld system.

But, thankfully, that's not what happened!

rallydefault

Banjo-

@rallydefault I also believe that becoming software-only is one thing that Nintendo has considered a few times. On the one hand they wouldn't make consoles and some people hate that idea, on the other hand they would become the most important independent publisher and software sales would be higher if games were available on PC/Xbox/PS.

Banjo-

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish I agree that it is less portable than something like the GBA or 3DS, but I still love taking it with me and do so frequently. Pretty much any time I go out and expect to have more than a couple minutes and a place to sit down I bring it. I love the larger screen. After having used the Switch for a couple years now, I actually find it more uncomfortable going back to the smaller, dimmer GBA and 3DS screens. It doesn't help that I am so near sighted now that I either have to hold the GBA/3DS right up to my face, or wear my glasses and hold it as far from my face as a computer monitor...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

One more map in Fire Emblem. Hopefully can finish the 2nd branching path before Astral Chain drops. Got about a week and a half to finish a second playthrough, albeit a half playthrough (saved before the split).

Tried playing Witcher 3 on X1, never got more than a few hours into it. Looked great, but there's little point if I'm never actually gonna play it.

Switch version though? Goodbuy life. I'll still play docked 75% of the time. But it's that 25% that'll keep me interested. That's what happens every single time I play a console only game. Start game. Play for an hour or two. Leave. Take Switch with me. Play Switch game. Come home. Dock Switch and continue playing. Never touch console only game again.

@NintendoByNature
Open world western fantasy RPG. You play as Geralt, the Witcher, who is a certified monster hunter/slayer. Think epic fantasy revolving around this character, in a huge, vibrant world with some of the best world building and dialog you'll ever experience. Even Gwent, a card game within the game that you can play at taverns, is like a full game in itself. People devote hundreds of hrs just to that. The game is massive, and the world and characters are the star of the show. Very story driven game. There’s also 2 really solid expansions, stand-alone at that. Blood & Wine expansion scored 10/10 across the board on its release. And both expansions are included in this release, and on the cartridge (full 32gb cart with everything on it, expansions and all- they put other devs to shame).

Think Skyrim but better in practically every aspect. And though I have criticized the combat of The Witcher 3, the combat is still miles beyond Skyrim. Definitely a game everyone should play. Only reason I never played more is... well... you know. If it isnt hybrid it's hard to keep me interested. No fault of the game, of course.

It is considered one of the best games of the generation and has won as many awards as Breath of the Wild. Definitely a huge win to have on a hybrid system.

edit
Also, pertaining to Nintendo going 3rd party.

If the day ever comes they decide they only want to make power consoles... I wouldn’t care if they went third-party. Because at that point, there is no point to have a separate system. May as well just put their games on a different console and save on online sub fees from multiple systems, and have competent online, etc.

But as long as they are making awesome hardware like Nintendo Switch? I’d rather see pretty much anyone else go third-party before I see Nintendo. They are literally the only company left making hardware that actually suits me. I can just use a PC if I want powerful graphics on the TV. But there is no substitute for the Nintendo Switch. I just hope to God they don’t change their approach next generation. I hope they stick with the hybrid concept for the rest of my natural life. Of course I know they won’t, and they’ve already made statements which suggest they are going to do something different next generation. That’s why am stockpiling on hybrid games now because this may be the only system ever released that can do what it does.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Toy_Link

Nintendo still makes a ton of money off hardware alone! Whether through profit from the console alone, online subscriptions, cuts from the revenue of third party games, etc. They’re not still in the console race, because “people would hate (it if they left)”, but because it makes lots of money.

I’m sure whatever money is lost from not releasing their games on multiple platforms is more than made up by being a console manufacturer and all the perks that come with that.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH @BlueOcean thanks guys. Seems like I'd be interested. Loved botw and it sounds like this is right around the same style. Plus, That 32gb cart is something to behold. Kudos to those guys. I just hope I can find the time if i nab it. Luigis mansion, yooka laylee and hat in time all are in October too. Considering re triple pack too

NintendoByNature

Banjo-

@NintendoByNature No problem. The game is great but I forgot to mention an important thing so everybody is aware, it's a mature game (PEGI 18).

In the UK and Europe, PEGI rates The Witcher 3 as only appropriate for those aged 18 and older for extreme violence, violence towards defenceless people, and strong language.

The GRA expands on its PEGI details by explaining that the game “features very frequent gory violence”, with Geralt able to “dismember, decapitate, disembowel and cut his enemies in half during gameplay combat”. There are also gory scenes such as “a raven burrowing into a man’s eye socket and bursting from the back of his shattered skull, a man’s face melting and sizzling after being struck by a fire spell, men being gored by bears and more.

https://www.askaboutgames.com/parents-guide-to-the-witcher-3-...

Banjo-

JaxonH

Pencil in another September release.

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered releases September 3rd

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@BlueOcean yea i heard that and im ok with it. As long as the gameplay and story are good, I'm cool with the violence. Kinda wana check out that raven scene now 😋

NintendoByNature

link3710

I'm probably gonna be buying games released in September until September of next year... again. I still haven't played Valkyria Chronicles 4 from last year... or finished Spiderman.

link3710

KryptoniteKrunch

Geez... September 2019 has got to be some sort of record for most game releases on a single platform. That's just insane.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

This is just the 30 day period kicking off with Astral Chain:

Astral Chain (8/30)
Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics (8/30)
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (9/3)
Spyro Trilogy (9/3)
RPG Maker MV (9/3)
Torchlight 2 (9/3)
NBA 2K18 (9/6)
Daemon X Machina (9/13)
AI Somnium Files (9/17)
LEGO Jurassic World (9/17)
Nintendo Switch Lite (9/20)
Ni No Kuni (9/20)
Zelda Link’s Awakening (9/20)
Baldur’s Gate (9/24)
Baldur’s Gate 2 (9/24)
Planescape Torment (9/24)
Icewind Dale (9/24)
Contra Rogue Corps (9/24)
FIFA 20 (9/24)
Darksiders II (9/26)
Ori & The Blind Forest (9/27)
Dragon Quest XI S (9/27)
GRID Autosport (9/?)

Oh, and Final Fantasy VIII Remastered physical version just got listed on Amazon 😁

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (Nintendo Switch)

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

Another September game?!

October isn't exactly a slow month either lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

GeeEmm

Geez...all that in 30 days. My poor wallet.

GeeEmm

JaxonH

@IceClimbers

No, it’s definitely not. Not nearly as many notable titles but a jam packed schedule of some decent kit nonetheless. I want my Monkey Ball and Witcher.

October
Sniper Elite III (10/1)
Yu-No (10/1)
Super Robot Wars V (10/3)
Ghostbusters (10/4)
The Alliance Alive (10/8)
Trine 4 (10/8)
Trine Collection [1/2/3/4] (10/8)
Doraemon Story Of Seasons (10/11)
The Witcher 3 (10/15)
A Hat In Time (10/18)
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition (10/18)
Destiny Connect (10/22)
Atelier Ryza (10/29)
Disgaea 4 Complete (10/29)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (10/29)
Resident Evil 5 (10/29)
Resident Evil 6 (10/29)
Resident Evil Triple Pack [4/5/6] (10/29)
WRC8 (10/31)
Luigi’s Mansion 3 (10/31)
Vampyr (10/?)
Yooka-Laylee And the Impossible Lair (10/?)

Edited on by JaxonH

Heavyarms55

I'm kinda on the fence about Yu-No. The anime adaption has had some really cool stuff, and some off the wall, from left field, "What the hell am I watching?" moments too...

But I want Witcher 3, Luigi 3 and Disgaea 4. Not sure when I am gonna have time to play them but...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

TheFrenchiestFry

So I was just watching direct feed footage of Witcher 3 on Switch. I did go back to compare myself to the Steam version (the one I bought at launch in 2015), as well as the PS4 version and considering how stuttery the other console versions were to begin with, this port is honestly even more of a miracle than DOOM 2016.

This looks way too fantastic for a game running at a dynamic resolution which clearly almost never hits the full 720p in docked mode and decreases even more in handheld mode.

It kinda bums me out this is probably the only game we're getting from CDPR for the Switch. There's no way in hell Cyberpunk 2077 is even possible on the console and I doubt they would even consider porting the other 2 Witcher games. If we get anything else, it's probably going to be Gwent

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

IceClimbers

@JaxonH By normal standards that would be considered a fairly stacked month, but after the absolute insanity that is this September it looks somewhat tame in comparison.

My backlog is gonna be insane haha. Gonna have to focus on the higher priority games and then pick up the others later.

Also, a couple corrections: Trine 4 is releasing 10/8 while Torchlight 2 is 9/3.

The Marvel Knights DLC pack for MUA3 is September too lol. I believe those packs are supposed to have story content too.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic