Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,561 to 42,580 of 45,980

EvilLucario

I don't see why the other features not seen on the Lite would really be abandoned unless something is so tied to touch controls which would rule out docking. 3D DID cost system resources to deal with. Multiple developers have gone on record saying that axing the 3D gave them extra processing power to work with. See: Fluidity: Spin Cycle.

HD rumble doesn't necessarily need to be "high-quality" rumble, docking is still a great feature you want to cater to for the other 50%-80%-whatever%, etc. Those are all things that don't take up a ton of performance comparatively speaking to 3D on the 3DS.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

JaxonH wrote:

I, on the other hand, know better, because I dont make things out to be more than they are..

Have you read your paragraphs about how every game is the next best thing to grace this earth?

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

I, on the other hand, know better, because I dont make things out to be more than they are..

Have you read your paragraphs about how every game is the next best thing to grace this earth?

I believe it's at times like this where one of these is appropriate...

Untitled

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Never usually catch Knuckles comments because I blocked him long ago, but the quote let me see it so I'll answer this one.

You're delusional. Simple as that. Kinda why you're blocked. Comments have no basis in reality and never have.

I dont make every game out to be the best. I just dont. I play a lot of games, and I play a lot of good games at that, but the best? Not even remotely close to the truth.

But I can afford to play all the games I want, so its only natural I'll run across more good games, and thus have more good games to talk about.

Edith Finch I talked about and made no opinion on it whatsoever as I haven't played it. Attack On Titan I talked about and simply said it's a decent game. Mario Maker 2 I love, and I stand by it as a great game. God Eater 3 and DQ Builders 2 I talked about, love the demos, but nowhere claimed they were "the best".

So, no... not every game I talk about do I make out to be the best. But even if I did, it would certainly be an upgrade from complaining about everything as being the end of the world and spending my time fabricating insults out of thin air.

Stay salty Knuckles.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Pokemon Sword, The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, DQXIS
X1X: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

gcunit wrote:

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

I believe it's at times like this where one of these is appropriate...

Untitled

EDIT: I took too long looking for the gif...sigh.
I tend to agree with most of Jaxon's enthusiasm because I like a very broad range of games...but even I feel like that was a sick burn. To add...

Untitled

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Statements have to have basis in reality to carry weight or offer any merit. And please, dont encourage such people. You'll just make him feel good about fabricating accusations out of thin air any time he needs an ego boost.

To people like Knuckles whose average opinion is somewhere between Hades and the underworld, saying "I played a game and liked it" = highest praise under the heavens. Optimism and excitement aren't the same thing as making every game out to be the best, something that's demonstrably and verifiably false and can be fact checked in the last 10 pages of games I've talked about. There's alot of good games out there, especially on Switch, and I make an effort to play as many as possible, but to accuse me of hyping every game as "the best thing ever" is just factual error. And especially hypocritical coming from someone who's never encountered a situation in his life he couldn't spin into a falling sky. Some of us remember the 3 page argument about how Smash Ultimate was "definitely a port" and how Monster Hunter Gen Ult was "definitely gonna be digital in Europe".

When I say a game is the best, you'll know it cause I won't shut up about it for days. Games like Trials Rising, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Xenoblade. I shouldn't have to defend myself over such things as liking a video game, but I have to do it repeatedly with him. Guy used to talk crap about me on social media (without even hiding it, tagging me in the process) for the games I buy. I'm not ignorant to what's going on. You could see the envy all over him, it’s why he’s insulted me regularly for the past 3 years.

There just comes a point you lose patience with it. I can’t remember the last time he directed a comment towards me that wasn’t insulting me for the games I play and like, and I find it rather bewildering to see some people prop such an accusation up as some slick original remark the 27th time he says it to me, when the first 26 times nobody thought anything of it. More importantly, I find it unfortunate I had to see his response because I will lose my patience with his relentless snark toward me (the reason he’s blocked in the first place). If it was the first type of comment he’s ever made like that I might brush it off, but when it’s just a regurgitation of something he’s accused me of countless times in the past (literally too many times to count), funny time is over.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH So I realize you may actually be upset by Knuckles' response. However let me clarify that my thought of it being a sick burn was not due to legitimacy of the comment itself but rather due to the succinct, rapid fire nature of the response and the, what I would assume to be, incredulous tone. The way the remark is not what you agree with but the delivery is why you noticed or found funny for a brief moment. Also hence the friday meme. Of course since I posted AFTER you did (by accident...it is hard to find gifs that I can easily link here sometimes) that makes my comment ill timed as opposed to bouncing off of gcunit's which was my intent. As such, I have made no attack on you or an implicit agreement with Knuckles/BLP. That being said if you took it as such I'm sorry. You are one of the few people that honestly seems to enjoy gaming and I would hate to see that dampened. Have a nice day.

Edit: Annnd I missed your edit. I give up. I can't answer anything in a timely manner.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Knuckles-Fajita

My average opinion is only so low because of myriad mental health reasons that leave me with less serotonin as my brain chemistry believes that a normal median level is actually too high, thus leaving me with a lower, or as you would say "Underworld" level of enthusiasm and positivity.

Now to say I cant be excited is a lie. I am adoring Mario Maker 2, mainly as a level designer in my time off from my job, Astral Chain is a must have for me, because Platinum, I recently nabbed loads of retro games on recommendations that I am very excited to play, when I have the time at least, and even the Switch Lite is something I will personally be buying either in it's initial SKU or the Zacian/Zamazenta SKU.

As for those prior comments you brought up, I argued Smash Ultimate would be built ON a port, much as Brawl and 4 were. As for Monster Hunter in Europe, with the historical evidence from Capcom, it was a safe bet, albeit wrong yes.

Not every situation is a falling sky, I just voice differing opinions from you. The minute an XCX port gets revealed I will be screaming from the rooftops, the Spyro Trilogy last year had me damn near crying (Damn nostalgia), and to be honest even Sword and Shield, as...lets say wonky as the marketing is, are something I am looking forward to.

And DOOM Eternal, woo boy, sign me up for more of that. Got to play RAGE 2 first of course, the whole reason I bought a PS4 Pro.

As for my insult, y'all should learn to take some mild ribbing and observational humour. I do, quite genuinely, like seeing your comments @JaxonH, because you bring to light games I or others would otherwise miss, especially on Switch where, well let's say the eShop isn't so hot at that, it's easy to miss great titles.

I'm not jealous of your boundless enthusiasm. I find it refreshing! I know a guy like that at work, and I often ask him how he manages it. It's a different view on life is all. Glass half full over glass half empty. I cant help the way my mentality is programmed, but I can sure as heck appreciate the other view point, even if it comes through as mild jokes every now and then. The rest of the time I leave my wit when I see a post of yours and add stuff to my wishlist, because you highlight the positives in an industry where negatives are, by and large, the status quo.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

Ryu_Niiyama

@Knuckles-Fajita You know he said he has you blocked right? My suggestion would be just to agree to disagree and move on. You both have different viewpoints and that is that.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Knuckles-Fajita

@Ryu_Niiyama I know. No harm in letting him know its harmless ribbing, and that I do enjoy his posts. Lost count of how many games I've found through him that I ended up loving. I think XCX was the first all the way back and that is my favourite game ever after all.

I just don't like having to justify why I default to a glass half empty world view that he finds it fit to insult me over. I can't exactly just switch it off (Ha) you know? It's there, I have to live with that, I do my best by it, and his posts are, believe it or not, something that does brighten my day, especially after work.

NLI Discord:

HobbitGamer

Dang, I thought it was worth a giggle.
But this has gone to silly land now, y’all. Friendly reminder that we’re all here because we like games.

If you want a Switch Lite, buy it.
If you want a Switch, buy it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

@HobbitGamer If you have both, BUY IT AGAIN!

….says the guy with 3 3DS systems and 2 PS4s because he had money laying around.

I dont have problems

NLI Discord:

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita That’s why your back hurts. Carrying all them systems 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

@HobbitGamer Mate if I was carrying my PS4 Pro and TV to work every day I'd be in a better job than retail.

Then again my Switch sees use at work on those times we call "Breaks" that are just union mandated moments of rest. Dont get many of those. Made some Mario Maker levels in em though. They sucked, obviously.

NLI Discord:

JaxonH

Size comparison for LiteSwitch, credit to Reddit user bad_buoys.

It’s not as small as I’d prefer (closer to Vita would be ideal), but there are benefits that come from a larger size, mostly being larger analog sticks, larger screen, larger in-game text, more luxurious experience. And the smaller screen (relative to the original model) will help with the ppi.

It’s in a happy middle ground between Switch and New 3DS. At least it’s small enough to fit in a jacket pocket now, and, even if it was the size of a 3DS, The lack of clamshell design means you probably wouldn’t fit it in your jeans pocket anyways. I used to carry my Vita around in a small pouch. Probably see small pouches released for this as well.

Take your right joycon off and hold your Switch... that’s about as wide as it’s going to be, and then envision the top being a little bit shorter as well, cut off roughly where the + sign is. That’s actually a lot smaller and more compact than it seems in the pictures. I’m so used to holding the OG Switch, that holding the LiteSwitch is going to feel really small by comparison.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

Stupid question folks. Do any one who's downloaded picnic panic for the messenger. How do you actually get to that mode?

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

Hey guys what's up-

Untitled

@NintendoByNature I think you have to beat the final boss? Not sure. I myself am not sure if the Twitch Prime version will have the DLC (which was the version I got), so I might have to buy it and play through it again if I want to access the DLC lol...

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@JaxonH It's a good size, I think. Still large-ish, so the screen won't be unnecessarily small (and, importantly, the text on-screen), but it won't feel quite as abnormally long as the Switch does in handheld mode, either. The thing looks comfy, especially with that D-Pad.

Imagine how crispy Hyrule Warriors is going to look on that thing! It's already downsampled to 720p in handheld mode in the first place.

I never realized the New 3DS XL was so heavy.

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@EvilLucario I beat the game a while back. Final boss and all..i looked at the main menu, nothing. Looked at creating a new file, nothing. Wish it were simpler

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

@NintendoByNature Yeah what I meant was beat him again. That's second hand information though, I'm not sure myself. I don't exactly want to try on my copy because I'm not sure if Twitch Prime updates its games lol. It's not exactly like Steam or even ****ing Epic Games Store.

On non-Switch related news, I've been sampling Dr. Mario World. It's actually quite good! I hear comparisons to Candy Crush Saga, but as I've never played that game this is completely fresh to me.

It does want you to spend money, but fortunately I've been managing to play without getting TOO railroaded. I'm able to keep beating stages without needing to buy powerups, though I'd imagine that'll change very soon.

Also just unlocked my second doctor, Toad. But no one else will matter when Rosalina gets added. Give her to me now Nintendo!!

Multiplayer is also a lot of fun. Overall a solid game all around. Actually pleasantly surprised.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic