Posts 41,121 to 41,140 of 70,008

BruceCM

WebHead wrote:

Could see maybe Prey or Ni No Kuni 2?

The latter, at least, probably will do so eventually.... Dunno about the former

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

I would love to see sleeping dogs since squeenix likes Nintendo right now. That game needs more love and being a last gen game they should be able to get it running decently on the system.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GrailUK

@WebHead GTA5. Let's face it, it's going to be another 5 years before Rockstar release their next game lol. May as well bridge the gap now 32Gb carts are starting to become more available.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

@GrailUK They were always available, they're just more expensive.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Prey, no. Because CryEngine is a middleware designed for one thing and one thing only, and doing anything beyond that is a nightmare. There is a reason it defaults to an FPS in a forest with water.

Plus CryEngine is built on the idea of using future tech early. This is stuff that, because of mispredicting how tech would evolve, means Crysis will likely never be fully realised. It was built with the idea that single core CPUs would continue to increase in clock speed when in fact....CPUs went multi-core.

It built in physically based rendering long before other engines even thought about it...but the problem was no one could do that yet because it wasn't standard.

Which explains why Crytek loses money so often. Plus the official documentation and support for CryEngine is...less than stellar. There is a reason Unity and UE4 are far more utilised.

Plus, with its basis on pushing further and further ahead of what is currently possible, I very much doubt a mobile chipset can handle it. The Wii U could barely handle a Sonic game made in a custom developed fork of CryEngine. No way a full PS4 game in it will be scaled down.

Now Ni No Kuni 2...I expect Bandai Namco to ask us to "Let them know the demand" and then three months later announce it. Seems to be their thing.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GrailUK

@Octane Aye, that's what I meant by 'more available' Hopefully they become more prevalent if they are cheaper nowadays.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

rallydefault

@StuTwo
You know, that's a good point about the Final Fantasy brand suddenly becoming diluted. People don't talk about that enough, but man FF just doesn't mean what it used to. When I first got a SNES everyone would recommend the FF games, but I feel like the brand started going crazy once it mostly left Nintendo hardware. I actually hate all of the PS games except for IX...IX can stay lol

rallydefault

JaxonH

There it is.

Yokai Watch 4 for the west.

https://nintendoeverything.com/yo-kai-watch-4-announced-for-t...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

There it is.

Yokai Watch 4 for the west.

https://nintendoeverything.com/yo-kai-watch-4-announced-for-t...

Probably being fast-tracked too no doubt, considering the sales for 4 haven't compared well to 3 in Japan.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama I’d be down for Sleeping Dogs again! It had a breath of fresh air compared to the other games around when it came out.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer It and Saints row 3/4 are the only crime simulators that I enjoy. Sleeping Dogs because it isnt truly a crime simulator (although the guy that you pick up after he robs something is ridiculous) and Saints Row because it makes no sense.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama Same here!! Though I also really enjoyed The Godfather on Wii. While cheesy, Lego City Undercover cracks me up with the dialogue, too

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer Haha, I did enjoy Lego city. I used to joke that it was GTA made for me. It is the only lego game that I like.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 is going to switch. Not to be ungrateful but CAN I GET A FIGHTING GAME BAMCO?! (Tekken or SC)

Ima go knock over some paper cups in outrage.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

BruceCM

Lols, @Ryu_Niiyama .... I'd like Tekken, please
I'm glad I got to play MK11 on Switch, so I can finally say I've played 1 of those

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

StuTwo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@StuTwo Wasn't the issue about 3D World more about too many NSMB style games in a short space of time:

3D Land - November 2011
NSMB2 - August 2012
NSMBU - November 2012
3D World - November 2013

People were quite desperate for a 64/Sunshine/Galaxy style 3D Mario by 2013.

Well yes. But from a casual point of view they’re all the same.

Even Nintendo recognised that it was a mistake and the brand was being diluted. They led an E3 presentation with “we’re not releasing a Mario game this year!”.

They’ve never done something like Square Enix’s “hey here’s every Final Fantasy game - all coming to Switch over the next 5 months!”. We get about one Zelda game a year even though they could easily flood the Switch with HD ports of WW, TP, SS, MM & OoT.

I suppose we might find that XCX is ported to Switch... if, and only if, XC3 is a few years off...

If XC3 is due over the next 12-18 months then XCX is less likely to be coming.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Buizel

I honestly don't see the mass Final Fantasy releases as "diluting the brand" - but that might be due to how the brand is handled in general. A main-line Final Fantasy game has become a one-a-generation event, and each successive title is massively different from the last - so new entries still hold a lot of weight despite the presence of legacy content on the system.

That said, I can see the argument for New Super Mario Bros and Xenoblade. For the former, the similarity of the titles would make the series seem fatigued on any single system. The latter - I think the series is new enough for a so-called "dilution" to occur - maybe it would be nice for each entry to have time in the limelight before they consider putting them on the same platform?

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

Awesome. Wonder if they’ll get a physical release or digital only?

Can’t see them doing a 16gb cart, much less fitting both games on it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Buizel

@Ralizah Great news. I loved the first and was planning on playing the second on Vita after finishing Persona 4*. Now I might hold out for the Switch version.

*Probably won't wait until then - Persona 4 is taking bloody ages.

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@Buizel Persona 4 took me 75 hours to beat. Persona 5 was even longer, at 115 hours. They're big games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic