Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,101 to 41,120 of 69,964

MsJubilee

Katana's Zero soundtrack slaps, my god i can't get enough of it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

@Link-Hero
With multiple difficulty options, and casual mode which revives fallen units after each map (meaning you would need to see every one of your units die in one single chapter in order to lose), and the new optional rewind time feature, difficulty should be the last complaint leveled toward Fire Emblem. For those who choose to play on harder difficulties with permadeath, it can indeed provide quite the challenge. Fortunately the game has evolved beyond the era of irritating difficulty.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

So, we're getting Robotics;Notes Elite on Switch, which is pretty cool. At this point, I'm wondering if I should maybe hold out for an Elite version of Steins;Gate 0, considering I've still yet to experience the prequel.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

DenDen

@Anti-Matter looks very fun, Tnx for sharing!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Matthew010

Does anyone know for sure if the 5th Tetris 99 event is happening in Europe? I haven't seen it announced yet and it feels wrong to exclude Europeans.

Matthew010

JaxonH

@Link-Hero
If it's not your style, it's not your style. Least you tried it out.

I remember a time when I hated turn based games of any kind. Tried Final Fantasy X on Vita and hated it. Then my brother showed me Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn for GC/Wii, which he paid good money for, and told me a new game was coming called Fire Emblem Awakening. I'd never heard of FE and wasn't sure about the turn based battles. But my brother said, "You like chess, right? It's basically like that but with way cooler characters and a story". A demo dropped, so I tried it, and I couldn't put it down. Bought the game, played 100 hours, and to this day, that's the only game that's brought a tear to my eye and chills from the killer orchestral music while fighting in the rain right after a beloved character dies.

Been a fan of RPGs ever since, went back to FFX and spent 100 hours on that, which became one of my fave JRPGs of all time.

But, I have a couple friends who, for whatever reason, just dont like the series. I've tried to get them into it time and again, even bought the game for them at one point... I guess some people it clicks with, and others not so much.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@Luna_110
Overall, you are probably correct. They probably don't want to put the time into reworking some sections to not have the motion controls/second screen. But I also think we have a tendency to exaggerate the difficult behind that stuff. I remember when people around here first started to muse about Mario Maker coming to the Switch. Everyone was like, "But it simply CANNOT happen without the second screen! There's NO WAY it could work!"

lol

So yea, valid opinion, but there are always ways around. Also, I think most of the low scores from professional outlets cited the stupid controls as a big part of the lower score. Oh well, just my opinion that it would be an easy cash grab, even just by leaning on the Star Fox name.

rallydefault

WebHead

@Anti-Matter not official but accessories are starting to leak since the console reportedly went into production last month.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

BruceCM

Wow, those actually look good, @WebHead ... Although I'll stick with my current Switch until it wears out or something

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WebHead

A July reveal with a september release with zelda is looking pretty likely at this point.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

StuTwo

@Luna_110 I think the thing with XCX is less about the work needed and more about marketing.

Nintendo and Monolith want Xenoblade Chronicles to be a premium name in RPGs. Releasing too much too quickly can dilute that.

Think about Final Fantasy. It’s a name that grabs attention but how many “Final Fantasy” games are going to be released this year? How many are worth your attention? It’s a confusing mess at best.

XC2 is just over 2 & a half years old. The standalone expansion is sitting on shelves alongside it and that’s just 1 & a half years old. Do they need to add XCX alongside that? Would it confuse the market? Would it create “Xenoblade fatigue” (think how many people avoided 3D World because they’d had too many games with Mario in the title I’ve the preceding 2 years)?

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

WebHead

The renders themselves are fanmade but the accessories likely are not. Accessory makers likely have product schematics and dimensions now.

WebHead

DarkRula

Those retro games on the screens... They will never happen, but how I wish they would.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@StuTwo Wasn't the issue about 3D World more about too many NSMB style games in a short space of time:

3D Land - November 2011
NSMB2 - August 2012
NSMBU - November 2012
3D World - November 2013

People were quite desperate for a 64/Sunshine/Galaxy style 3D Mario by 2013.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

So what is gonna be the next miracle switch port?

WebHead

BruceCM

Sorry, my crystal ball isn't working, @WebHead .... Any ideas?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead While I wouldn't be interested in it myself, I hope it's GTAV.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

Could see maybe Prey or Ni No Kuni 2?

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic