Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,941 to 40,960 of 69,964

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer you dirty dog you. It looks great. I'm grabbing it at some point but I have a little too much to play and bloodstained is next on my purchase list

Oh and let me know if it's good

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

This game is coming to Switch.

Here’s a review for the release on other platforms. Seems interesting. Not really my cup of tea but I think the Ace Attorney/LA Noire crowd might love it

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Well, You’ve seen how much I play Stardew. I enjoy the varied amount of activities, and GK looks to have quite a bit more tongue in cheek humor. And my family owns funeral homes, so it fits
@NintendoByNature I sure will!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Dezzy

Well I'm having a lot of bad luck with my first days with a Switch. So first they didn't give me a dock so I had to return it and get another version. And now the first game I bought on ebay was Xenoblade 2 and the seller sends me the Golden Country expansion instead of the base game.
I swear there are a lot of people out there just trying to swindle you.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Dezzy LOL I've never had a problem on Ebay before. Do you check the feedback ratings for sellers before purchasing from them and/or message them with questions about what's included if they use stock photos for their product listings?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

@Dezzy Holy ****. Running into multiple bad faith actors like that must suck greatly.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Tangerine

Some of my experiences on Ebay haven't been great. I had a 3DS 2nd hand copy of donkey kong country returns wrapped up poorly and totally coated with selotape, so the only way I could open it was to inadvertently cut the front of the box to pieces with scissors. Also a copy of ultra moon arrived which absolutely stank to high heavens with what I assume was old 2nd hand smoke.

After that I decided to buy brand new only, as my OCD wouldn't allow me to continue! My sister benefited at least, as I gave the pre owned games to her along with a couple others for Christmas. I actually bought her a brand new 2DS XL to go along with the games, so I feel it was justified!

Tangerine

DenDen

Lucky as i am never had this problem on ebay, like i said before buying cheap switch stuff is always hard to find many people know there is a high demand for it

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

gcunit

I buy a lot of games on ebay and I've gotten used to it. I'd guess nearly 50% of the games I've bought have not met the ebay definition for the item condition, to a greater or lesser extent, so I've had to return for refunds (all at their expense) many times. Some people are just ****wits. Nothing new or exclusive to ebay about that.

But on many occasions it's worked to my advantage e.g. I bought a 'New, sealed' copy of Boing! Docomodake recently. When it arrived I was pretty sure it was a 're-seal' job - the cellophane didn't look legit, and when I unwrapped some of it was glued to the game case; the cover was for the US version (and looked low res, like it was printed on a home inkjet), the cart inside was PAL (not matching the US cover) and the instruction booklet was in German. I'd paid about £14. I iniated a return and got all my money back, plus I got to keep the game, which does work but just isn't in an authentic set.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

This game is coming to Switch. Here’s a review for the release on other platforms. Seems interesting. Not really my cup of tea but I think the Ace Attorney/LA Noire crowd might love it

The Sinking City looks like a prime candidate for being a bad Switch port.

The game looks rough on a high end PC.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

Well my copy of Odyssey arrived! Woohoo, first official game. I have the afternoon off so have played like 4 hours already. Lol.
I think it's already my second favourite 3D Mario game after Galaxy/Galaxy 2 (those count as one in my mind). It probably won't outdo Galaxy for me, because I think that was near-perfection, but it's definitely better than 64/Sunshine/3D World/3D Land imo.
Gameplay-wise, it feels closest to Mario64 though. Like a sequel to that, but with much better controls.

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy LOL I've never had a problem on Ebay before. Do you check the feedback ratings for sellers before purchasing from them and/or message them with questions about what's included if they use stock photos for their product listings?

Yep. Although the console mishap was an amazon seller, not an ebay one.
And the guy who sent me the wrong game had 100% feedback and was very nice about it when I complained, so in retrospect it sounds like it might've been an honest mistake. He sounded like someone's dad who didn't know much about games, so I think he might've been selling his child's stuff and got confused. With Xenoblade it's probably because it was only a game cart without a box, so the writing is really small on the cart.

Edited on by Dezzy

someguy050

Dezzy wrote:

Well my copy of Odyssey arrived! Woohoo, first official game. I have the afternoon off so have played like 4 hours already. Lol.
I think it's already my second favourite 3D Mario game after Galaxy/Galaxy 2 (those count as one in my mind). It probably won't outdo Galaxy for me, because I think that was near-perfection, but it's definitely better than 64/Sunshine/3D World/3D Land imo.
Gameplay-wise, it feels closest to Mario64 though. Like a sequel to that, but with much better controls.

Ralizah wrote:

Yep. Although the console mishap was an amazon seller, not an ebay one.
And the guy who sent me the wrong game had 100% feedback and was very nice about it when I complained, so in retrospect it sounds like it might've been an honest mistake. He sounded like someone's dad who didn't know much about games, so I think he might've been selling his child's stuff and got confused. With Xenoblade it's probably because it was only a game cart without a box, so the writing is really small on the cart.

You enjoyed Mario Odyssey? I tried to, but the focus on collectibles I found boring to collect made the game flimsy. If you thought collecting Moons was boring or repetitive, the game sucked, and that was my main problem with it. Breath of the Wild had collectibles too, but they felt more fun (even Korok seeds) and even if you didn't want to collect them the game still stood on its own.
That being said, I can certainly see why some people like it. But to me, it did not feel like a 3D Mario at all, and had little resemblance to some of my favorite games such as Galaxy and Mario 64.

Right now, I'm sinking my teeth into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and in a moment I'm going to play Mario Maker 2!
In the future, I can't wait to grind some New Horizons and Link's Awakening!

Ralizah

@Dezzy Ouch. Sounds like you just had a run of bad luck, then. Fear of this sort of thing happening is why I never make BIG purchases on the second-hand market.

Well, like I said, Odyssey gets better as it goes on, well into the post-game where it'll truly begin to shine. Hope you keep enjoying it as much as you seem to now!

Edited on by Ralizah

HobbitGamer

@Dezzy Glad you're enjoying Odyssey! It's probably my second favorite under SM64. I can't wait till you get to the post game

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DenDen

@Dezzy great your enyoing Odyssey game is awesome.
It gets better when your post-game and end game.
Not my favorite 3d Mario that belonngs too super mario 3d world

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dezzy

someguy050 wrote:

You enjoyed Mario Odyssey? I tried to, but the focus on collectibles I found boring to collect made the game flimsy. If you thought collecting Moons was boring or repetitive, the game sucked, and that was my main problem with it.

It does go way overboard on the collectibles. It's not really damaging the experience for me, but it's definitely not adding anything by having you get another moon every 2 minutes.
I think Galaxy and 64 got the right level of collectibles.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

I simply think of Mario Odyssey more like a collectathon platformer in the vein of Banjo-Kazooie than I do a more traditional, mission-based 3D Mario game.

HobbitGamer

Ralizah wrote:

I simply think of Mario Odyssey more like a collectathon platformer in the vein of Banjo-Kazooie than I do a more traditional, mission-based 3D Mario game.

That's the vibe I get when I play it, especially with the transformative elements from Cappy.

Speaking of the bear and bird, does Yooka-Laylee ever go on sale in the US market? I've heard great things, but I've also heard it's somewhat shorter for $40

#MudStrongs

Ralizah

@HobbitGamer It went on sale for $20 a few weeks ago, if I recall correctly.

I am wondering where you heard "great things," though. People are very, very hard on that poor game.

Edited on by Ralizah

HobbitGamer

@Ralizah Oh poo. I always get it and Yoku's Island Express confused, truthfully. I suppose I'll hold out for Banjo to show up in Smash this fall, in that case. I'm currently impatiently awaiting Graveyard Keeper.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic