Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,861 to 40,880 of 70,099

JaxonH

@Morpheel
You don’t like my shelf? I mean sure, it’s a $40 Walmart shelf but, I think it’s low profile and gets the job done. Doesn’t hold nearly enough games though. Will have to swing by and grab another one soon.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Link-Hero The purpose of a Switch Mini would be to make the Switch more handheld-like at a reduced price. No dock, one unit rather than a unit with detachable Joy-Cons, dpad instead of directional buttons, etc. for 3DS owners to upgrade from 3DS to Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

Lucarianzx wrote:

I honestly hope there is no Switch pro, just because there will be exclusive games for it that work better on it. (And Nintendo will push to buy another console)

I'm with you there. It would be stupid for Nintendo to divide Switch owners into haves and have-nots. I don't think they'd do that though. They kind of did with the New 3DS but there were very few major New 3DS exclusives and almost all of them were ports. If there is a Switch Pro it'll probably be like the PS4 Pro and X1X, ie just a more powerful version with no exclusive games. I'm not convinced it really exists though.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Cotillion

@JaxonH Looks pretty close to the same shelf unit I use, which I also got cheap from WalMart. I've got 2 side by side with all my Nintendo games on them and it's almost time for a third (from NES thru to Switch, to clarify I don't have 2 of those filled with only Switch games).

Cotillion

BruceCM

Link-Hero wrote:

What they need is a Pro version to help future proof the Switch and to satisfy the 3rd parties, so they're less likely to complain later on.

That's probably coming next year... & it's likely the next-gen would be a Switch 2, anyway, which would still play current Switch games

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

EvilLucario

On the subject of a Switch Mini, I have no doubt that's gonna happen since they'll want to replicate the success they had selling their handhelds to kids and multiple units per family.

I'm not concerned if it's coming, I'm more interested when. That's really the bigger question there.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

As for a Pro Model, I’m not against it at all. I just see no evidence for it. People are always divided between the haves and have nots. Even now, there’s some people who have more games than others. There’s people who have more systems than others. When you’re dealing with consumer products you’re never going to have as much as everyone else. There’s always people who have more. I see people in YouTube videos who have 10x as many games as I do. Makes my collection look like amateur hour. Even if I devoted my full salary I could never have as much as them. It is what it is. And a Pro model is no different.

The thing is, right now everyone who owns a Switch is a “have not” when it comes to games that can’t run on the system. By releasing a pro model, some people would gain access to a couple extra exclusive games that others cannot. But that’s how it goes when you buy something other people don’t buy. You’re going to have access to things other people don’t. And if you don’t buy it, you’re going to not have access to things other people do. That’s just how the world works. But you’re missing out on those games anyways. Whether they release a pro model or don’t release a pro model, either way, you’re not getting those games. So what difference does it make if some other people in the world get to enjoy a few extra games? It’s not like they’re stealing from your current lineup or anything. I remember the outrage over Xenoblade on New 3DS, like huh? The game couldn’t run on the base system. So either some people get to play it or nobody gets to play it, and there’s no sense in making everyone miss out. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate doubled the framerate. Didn’t change the game for everyone else, it just allowed some people to get a better experience. No sense in limiting everyone to 30fps.

That all said, I don’t think Nintendo would make anything exclusive for a pro model because the switch is powerful enough to pretty much run anything they want. Except for perhaps GameCube emulation. But in the absence of a virtual console, I don’t think that’s going to happen. And 3rd parties may bring a couple, but by and large they’re not going to want to forfeit the 60+ million base model owners to sell to 10 million enthusiasts (by the time it released and got games, it would be near the end of the generation). So I doubt it would even be a point of contention anyways.

@Cotillion
Walmart shelves are a great option. Cheap, neutral colors, low profile... what more could you want.

Sounds like you’ve got a full collection from the birth of Nintendo. Must be tough obtaining those cardboard box copies in good condition. Although I grew up playing games I didn’t really become a “gamer” until the 3DS. So I only go as far back as GameCube/DS, and even those had to be purchased on eBay for choice condition long after those systems were phased out. I only buy good games though. Games I would want to play myself. Some people buy games they would never play, but I prefer to have a collection of games where everything on the shelf is something I would have fun playing, or have some interest in at the very least. But the stuff I really dig into I like having digitally. It’s too inconvenient to have to swap cartridges for every different game you play, especially when you have a lot of games.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Ugh my Switch arrived today but the cheeky &*%&$ didn't give me a dock with it. That's why I got it cheaper apparently.

The seller's defense was that he didn't explicitly list the dock as part of the product. That sounds like disingenuous nonsense to me. The dock was in the picture for the product. I think if you're not gonna include the dock, you have to be pretty damn clear about it.

I'm the one being reasonable here aren't I?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

What was the price? Docks are $90 I believe, would you still be getting a bargain after that purchase?

TuVictus

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy that is pretty shady. Sorry to hear that. It's not like docks are cheap either to go out and grab one.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

PikPi wrote:

What was the price? Docks are $90 I believe, would you still be getting a bargain after that purchase?

£190 UK. The full price for a new console is £270.

You can get a used dock on ebay for a bit cheaper than that, but it's no longer a bargain if I have to go and buy one. It just ends up being pretty much the standard price for a used console.

I got it through amazon so they do have a decent returns policy, so I'm gonna try and pressure the seller into giving me a dock (they're a power seller so probably do have one available), otherwise I'll get a refund.

Arbor

i’m pretty sure my local walmart has docks for $50-70???? but i live in hick nowhere. is there some sort of dock shortage in actual populated areas?

Arbor

Cotillion

@JaxonH Well, most of the SNES and n64 boxes that I do have are ones I originally got way back then. Kept them all these years, unbeknownst to me at the time how future me would really appreciate having them lol. Any games I pick up now from those eras are usually just the carts and I put them on the shelf that way.
Unfortunately, during the NES era I wasn't into saving the boxes, probably due to being 8 or 9 years old, so it's just the carts for those on the shelf now. Oddly enough, I have all the boxes for the Game Boy games I had back then. Not sure how that happened that the NES didn't survive and those did.

Cotillion

DenDen

@Dezzy buying a switch for a bargainis not realistic at this time.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dezzy

@DenDen Apparently it is if you don't need the dock!

gcunit

DenDen wrote:

You don't know what you're talking about. I've seen several go for around that price. Only the other day I saw a brand new, unused Switch, with unopened copies of NSMBUD and I think LGP sell for £260. Selling those games unopened could get that price down to sub-£200.

Not seen the listing Dezzy bought from (not sure I've seen Amazon marketplace listings with photos) but it sounds totally bogus including a picture of a dock and not sending it - it's part of the package.

I've bought a Like New Xbox One X for less than £200. Switch is definitely gettable at that price too.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DenDen

@gcunit
Belive me I know what im talking about.
Here in the Netherlands its impossible to find a cheap switch its your lucky 30€ less then a new one

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

gcunit

DenDen wrote:

@gcunit
Belive me I know what im talking about.
Here in the Netherlands its impossible to find a cheap switch its your lucky 30€ less then a new one

Ambassador, with your hard-hitting evidence about the Netherlands market you are really spoilink us.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

DenDen wrote:

You don't know what you're talking about. I've seen several go for around that price. Only the other day I saw a brand new, unused Switch, with unopened copies of NSMBUD and I think LGP sell for £260. Selling those games unopened could get that price down to sub-£200.

Correct! I've started the return process with Amazon and have already found a cheap alternative. Ended up costing £20 more for the whole thing. So £210. And this one definitely contains a dock!
Definitely made the right call. Never would've found a dock for £20.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic