Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,521 to 39,540 of 70,035

Octane

I missed out on the entire thing, and I don't really want to know what's it's even about TBH.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane so basically 15 hours of Sam narrating every little step she takes in the game and pretending the tiny details are exciting her in real-time while JC tries to make something "cool and edgy" out of a pink alpaca selling used chairs?

At least they can make it up to us by having Audrey on and going murderously ballistic over her FE "husbando" again.....that really makes the whole week worthwhile.

Tetris 99 recap: Apparently the game was supposed to be free because of NSO or something like that. No idea really.

NEStalgia

IceClimbers

The Tetris 99 DLC just reminds me of Fortnite's Save the World mode. The main point of Tetris 99 is the online battle royale mode. Everything else is extra.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Ya know, when you lay it out like that, it sounds awful. ...CoNfIrMeD!
And don't forget the folks in NoA Nintendo Minute struggling to string words together while they watch it.

Morpheel wrote:

Lemme recap it for you:

Tetris 99: (Releases DLC)
People on the internet: wHY WoULd YoU dO THaT

I'll do one better:
Choices given : Choices reviled

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@AlohaPizzaJack Kit and Crysta are both charming and an embarrassment all in one...I try to forget about them

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

I like kit and kyrsta actually. But on another note. Castlevania collection isn't on the eshop yet and it's supposed to launch Thursday right? Was the arcade collection on the eshop early or did it pop up on launch day?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I like them, but it’s hammy to me 😂
I don’t remember the arcade collection showing up in the coming soon section, it just appeared on release iirc

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm just waiting on Kit to get slapped personally. I do find Krysta amusing with her frantic excitement. Kit is hit or miss, sometimes he is just a jerk and again I'm waiting on the slap. Either way I would love to have their job. (or at least Producer Jasmine, because she has been getting good at slipping digs in to the show despite being off camera)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Rock of Ages II: Bigger and Boulder from Atlus (Sega) looks incredible.

I remember when this game was originally announced, but I never really gave it much attention until the recent trailers for the Switch release.

Watch this gameplay clip, and tell me you don’t have the urge to be the one with the controller in hand...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Looks interesting in an Odama sort of way. I'll get it on sale.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

Already mid may, hoping for some cadence of hyrule info soon.

NintendoByNature

toiletduck

@JaxonH it's probably me, but I really don't get what people see in these kinds of games 🙄 to each his own I guess 😊

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Haruki_NLI

GameOtaku wrote:

@ReaderRagfish
Switch online NES is basically virtual console but you have to have a sub and not have a self curated collection of games. Wouldn't that just be more money for Nintendo to offer them for sale to everyone else?

The irony here is I remember the days of people complaining Nintendo shouldnt sell them individually and do a subscription.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

Different people, different opinions...

Octane

JaxonH

@toiletduck
The boulder rolling! Did you see the Boulder rolling or just catch a glimpse of placing defenses and nothing else? How could rolling a giant boulder and smashing through defenses and trying to knock down a castle with crazy characters not be entertaining... it’s like marble madness from a cinematic “behind the marble” view

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GameOtaku

@Knuckles-Fajita
As lots have said though the main idea of NSO is to play online, the other features of it should have an alternative for those that could care less afterall why pay for something you are not going to use.

GameOtaku

WebHead

Imo the NES games are what you are really paying for and Nintendo is just locking online MP behind it to force people to sub. Their online service hasnt really improved since they started charging and most other platforms give some cloud storage for free.

I am still lf the opinion that if they aren't going to take it seriously then Nintendo jas no business charging for online. They have every right to run this thing as they see fit and we have every right to complain if we feel we aren't getting our money's worth.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DarkRula

About Animal Crossing at E3, you do realise there's a lot you can fit in, right?

Half hour segment exploring the town, possibly in all four seasons, and seeing a few of the residents around and interactions with them. Half hour segment exploring the interiors of buildings and what they do, along with activities you can do within the town. Half hour segment showing off any new areas and mechanics [such as a new island of activities or something], and depending on much new stuff has been added, the focus can be on two parts.

Really, so long as they have interesting commentary, I don't see the problem what they show, as long as they don't oversaturate the stream with one game. Two hours should be the maximum focus of any game on the Treehouse.

I've said it before, but having an entire day with Breath of the Wild focus worked as there was so much to explore with the game it didn't feel as though anything was repeating. With Smash, aside from exploring the inner workings of every single character and every single stage, there wasn't much else, I don't think. And I say that because I'd already tuned out whenever Smash was mentioned as coming up during the second and third days, as there'd already been the tournament on the first which was a much better display for the game than what the Treehouse showed.

Anyway, I don't think they'll be giving us a repeat of 2018, so looking at 2017's format, four segments of Animal Crossing, two for Sword/Shield, and two for most other games, with one segment for any smaller games that might show up. Add in some great commentary, and this year should be one of the best Treehouse streams we've seen.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic