Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 47,205

Therad

DefHalan wrote:

@DjLewe78 like a Micro-Console?

If they do release a home version of NX, you will get your micro console. Except there won't be a bigger one.

Therad

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo NX to Have an Optional Subscription Based Model, Hardware is Free, $10 Per Month

Another day and another Nintendo NX rumor has surfaced. The latest leak claims that Nintendo NX will offer a subscription based model to its users.

It is an optional model that will allow gamers to play all Nintendo games for $10 a month. Subscribers will be offered NX hardware for free. Meanwhile, those who prefer paying full price upfront for the console and buy cartridges are free to do that.

The subscription model is not very economical and rates may rise over time. $10 a month adds up to $120 a year and $240 for two years. However, offering free hardware (leasing) to subscribers will surely encourage gamers to sign up for Nintendo’s subscription based service.

The system is similar to smartphone leasing.

It is hard to imagine third parties being on-board with the idea for $10 per month model for all games but since it is Nintendo’s own system, expect all Nintendo games to be part it at least.

The subscription service will probably have small indie developers as third party in the beginning. If the system turns out to be a success, major publishers and developers may come on-board.

Untitled

http://segmentnext.com/2016/09/12/nintendo-nx-optional-subscr...

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Therad

Not that I think they would do a subscription model, but it would make some sort of sense. I am surprised MS and Sony hasn't tried it yet, since that is a proven way to get people to part with money they don't have and they both already have the subscription model already.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

gcunit

Would make an interesting experiment.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DjLewe78

@DefHalan

Errrrrr I know I said micro console early early on but I don't think thats all. Nintendo starting to develop for phones, develop movies, a new Netflix Zelda series (I can recall, correct me if that's BS). They need a way to bring all that together and play premium games so I think although it's a dedicated gaming console (on the go) maybe at home it's a lot more entertainment based.

It's all confusing but you what, I like a surprise, and boy are we owed one

1 up !

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I wouldn't be a fan myself but it works for phones so why not. If they did do it, I could see it being trialled in Japan first.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

DjLewe78

@SLIGEACH_EIRE

How to bring in more adult gamers? Offer them finance! This is all well and good but wouldn't normal game stores worldwide have to then set up finance departments? If thats not the case then that leaves existing mobile phone stores already offering similar packages with tablets/phones, which then leads on to weather or not NX is a 4g tablet/phone?

I think this is plausible and as an old boy I would be up for it, if your not, go to the shop and buy one, options are great

Edited on by DjLewe78

1 up !

Octane

What happens if you stop paying? Will the system become unplayable? Will Nintendo ninjas raid your house during the night and take the system back? I get the subscription part, but the free hardware is not something I'd expect. I assume it would involve contracts and all of that, but how long will you need to pay for your system?

Octane

SLIGEACH_EIRE

It could be a good idea but the pricing structure as is wouldn't be viable I think.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

gcunit

Quite - $10 a month could only ever be thinkable for software only, not hardware inclusive.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Samurai_Goroh

I like to own my games and systems, so it's not for me. Doubt Nintendo would go that way, either.

Samurai_Goroh

Moshugan

Well, if the rumor has any truth to it, there might be more to the story.

BTW, there's a rumor that the announcement for the date of the reveal might come today, on the 12th! It's only 7:30 AM in Redmond, USA, so there's the whole day to wait if that's true. :----D

Edited on by Moshugan

Samurai_Goroh

@Moshugan But it's already 23:34 in Japan and Nintendo is still very much a Japanese company.

Samurai_Goroh

FragRed

I'm not expecting any announcements today regarding a reveal date, nor tomorrow. I think if it's revealed this month we will hear about the announcement after TGS.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic