Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,961 to 25,980 of 69,981

Spoony_Tech

About time.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Hopefully it works out well. After seeing ARK of all games get a port announced, I feel like Wolfenstein could make the jump fairly ok.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Apologies if this has already been posted, but...

UNSURPRISING NEWS ALERT!

Cyberpunk 2077 ... [drumroll] ... [/drumroll] ...all but ruled out for Nintendo Switch ()

From IGN:

"When asked about the success of the Switch, and if that afected the platforms CD Projekt is targeting, Kiciński all but ruled out a version of Cyberpunk for Nintendo's console:

"When talking about our larger games, we are focusing on the strongest devices out there, the high-spec PCs and consoles... We don't plan Nintendo Switch releases for now"."

...as my Grandad used to say: "first there was slim hope, then there was Bob Hope - now there is no hope!"

Ah well, I think we all knew deep down that this one would be a long shot...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

TuVictus

I wouldn't mind taking a Witcher 3 port, tho

TuVictus

Ralizah

@NaviAndMii I guess that rules out a 3DS port, huh? :/

I should take to twitter, and inform them that they're lazy, because if DOOM can run on the Switch, then Cyberpunk 2077 TOTALLY can as well, right?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

rallydefault

@MisterPi
Yea - I still haven't played it. I bet they could get it running on some bare-bones settings.

I was kinda turned off on the Witcher series from the first game, though. I mean - anybody remember that game? Remember the combat system and controls? Holy cow was that unintuitive and janky as anything. I mean, yea, the story is obviously cool and the interactions and the depth and stuff, but the actual action parts of the game just left me so frustrated.

And they got the message, because Witcher 2's combat system was totally different and pretty similar to what you get in Witcher 3 and most action-RPGs these days.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

NaviAndMii

@MisterPi @rallydefault Oh man, I'd be all over a Witcher 3 port if we got one! That'd be superb!

@Ralizah I'm building an effigy of that Cyberpunk lady from the announcement trailer as we speak... () ...how dare you guys dash my unrealistic dreams like this! ..shame on you CD Project Red - shame. on. you!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

TuVictus

@rallydefault I actually tried playing through the first one to follow the story up until I could play the third, and... yeah, unfortunately I couldn't get a handle on the gameplay. I'll probably skip to the third once I have the time!

TuVictus

Octane

At this point I hope that Cyberpunk is a next gen game. After seeing TW3 at launch, every current console will explode trying to run Cyberpunk.

Octane

JaxonH

Finally get to see Wolfenstein 2 running...

Hope motion is in at launch. Either way I'm getting it day one.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Peek-a-boo

Much to my surprise, the EU/UK sale isn’t bad for a change!

I treated myself to Kamiko for just £2.69 using my gold coins.

Pondered about getting SteamWorld Dig 2 however, it’s only a small-ish saving, and I am sure it will inevitably go under £10 later in the year. I’m more interested in the upcoming Hollow Knight and Runner 3.

I had a go on DOOM the other day, thanks to my local public library having Switch games to borrow for a week at a time, and whilst I am genuinely impressed that they got the game up and running on the Switch as well as it is, I found it a bit finicky to control.

The visuals also have this weird thing going on whereby everything in front of you looks reasonably good, whereas anything in the near background looks ‘smeary’ and lacks a considerable amount of detail. For a 30fps game, it feels smoother than some, but the lack of 60fps is noticeable.

For me, as great as an achievement it is in seeing DOOM running on the Switch, I would much prefer to play it on my PlayStation 4. It’s probably the first game I have played on my Switch that made me realised that it is nice to have a second system to play those kind of games on. Personal preference, of course!

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

Or you could do what the rest of us do and have multiple platforms thus not have to put up with inferiority where we feel it could be better.

For instance there are some games that would feel better on Switch versus another system, but another game you may wish looked better.

So if you own both never moan about how it looks on one when you have an alternative under your TV if you want it.

Thats my stance. If I want a game to look as good as possible I have my PC or PS4 but if I feel its a better experience on Switch for me personally, I'll get it there.

I weigh up the opportunity costs and decide thusly. I just dont go on the internet and announce with version Im buying like everyone else. I am content in my purchase security but understand why others may wish to publicly discuss their reasoning.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

Hmm, wondering what to spend my gold points on. I have $7.99 in gold points exactly. Debating whether I want to use it on VS Super Mario Bros, a NeoGeo game, DLC for Rocket League or Dragon Ball, or towards one of the $20 games like Shantae & the Pirates Curse, RE Revelations 2, Pac-Man CE2+, etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@Peek-a-boo
For console play it won't be as good but, a large appeal of Switch is being able to play awesome games even when you're not at home with a TV and chair available... so I think even if you prefer another version overall, there's still value for a version of the game to be played in every other situation. Unless you never play video games anywhere except home and are only in it for the exclusives.

Idk if you had the update patch, or played on the handheld screen, but the update does help with the lower res drops in the background. It's just a minor boost as far as improved res goes- you'd have to look really closely to notice the gains (though I did notice them), but it's the fact it actually prevents it from dipping super low that makes it a noticeable improvement. It's not so much a large gain as it is a prevention of a large drop.

But with motion controls, fine tuned to precision at around 60 sensitivity, with horizontal analog set to 60 and vertical set to 45-50... it's like playing with a mouse and keyboard. I'm headshotting enemies so far away they look like tiny specks, and beating rune challenges I could never last beyond 10 seconds prior to the motion update. Finely tuned motion controls elevated this game from great (cause even as vanilla it was the best handheld FPS I've ever seen or played) to timeless classic. I refuse to play any other version now, whereas before I was playing on X1X at home and Switch on the go.

@Grumblevolcano
That's... really soon. And this time they've had the experience of DOOM and Rocket League to build upon. Which is good because this is a very demanding game.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
I vote Resident Evil Revelations 1 or 2. Goodness knows Vs Super Mario Bros has enough sales as is (top of the charts, surprise surprise), and tbh you've probably play that game so many times in your life it's just a matter of wanting it for preservation.

And I think out of the other choices you listed this is easily the best one. It's AAA production values for 20 bucks, with great single player and co-op and online. It's a full package. Can I just say the game looks almost just as good as the PS4/X1 versions. It honestly feels like you're playing one of those versions in the palm of your hands. They did a killer job.

Oh, and the motion controls! Muah! And while it is optional the gesture for reloading is incredible fun and works very well. Insanely original use of the IR sensor on the right Joycon.

skywake

Blathers wrote:

@JaxonH Why? Do you like using the joycon grip over a pro controller?

Forms it lacking wireless doesn't bother me because it'd always be on the system. But not having HD rumble is a deal breaker

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Revelations 2 was definitely what I was leaning towards. Already own and played through the first one on 3DS, but haven't played the second one, so yeah. Might wait one more week though to see if it goes on sale next Thursday as I don't have the space for it until I archive Doom, which I haven't finished yet.

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Looked at getting a micro SD card?

I mean, I like to go big or go home. But maybe you've got a little 32gb or 64gb laying around or in an old device? If not, think you can grab a 32gb for like $10 on Amazon.

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Oh I've got a 64GB card in use right now. It's just filled up already lol. I made the mistake of buying the 64GB over the 128GB card months ago thinking it would take forever to fill it. That was, to the say the least, incredibly naive and stupid of me haha. Just haven't bothered to upgrade it yet!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic