Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,421 to 24,440 of 70,074

OorWullie

@FragRed I didn't realise that was the developer behind FE. I wasn't a fan of Stick it to the Man but I'm more than willing to give FE a chance.

As for the online subscription I'm not surprised to read that at all. I have said on here numerous times I think there's going to be more to it than we expect. I think it will provide us with the basics we expect but the real draw will be the Classic Game Collection. They won't just be ROM dumps with basic online play added but remastered, possibly with wide-screen and have challenge modes like NES Remix with leaderboards.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Grumblevolcano

I think the main draw of the paid online service will be either the Classic Game Collection or a Smash 4 port releasing the same day.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Harmonie

@Grumblevolcano The main draw of paying for a subpar online service will be games we've all already played?

As if my opinion of this all isn't already so low, that would just be really bad. Surely Nintendo will have something actually new, like Pokemon or Animal Crossing.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

NEStalgia

@Harmonie " The main draw of paying for a subpar online service will be games we've all already played?"

It works for Sony.....

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I wish that rumor were true, but random unannounced Tuesday release seems certain to be an error. The puns in the comment threads alone would be so worth it though....

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

@NEStalgia That was savage but true.

Also include "games no one cares about".

I EXPECT that South Park game as its made in Snowdrop.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

If Nintendo are actually serious about the online paid service then they could at least look at the competition and add what they already have. You know, like actual voice chat in and outside of games through the console (it can do it) and also, how about a proper friend system. Basic things like that would make people happy, but this is Nintendo. I expect little.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

There is a basic friend system. Via code, Wii U, 3DS and mobile, local.

Thoughif you wanted a truly basic friend system I suppose that would be communication via pidgeon mail.

chucknorris078

NEStalgia wrote:

@Harmonie " The main draw of paying for a subpar online service will be games we've all already played?"

It works for Sony.....

Yes Sony does do this... but they release current generation games for their systems... I don't want a Nintendo classic... My Subscription for plus is paid for in the first month if you add up the cost of all the games and you own all three systems (PS4,PS3,Vita and VR) With Nintendo charging 20 bucks and giving you a game that costs no more than 5 bucks they are no where near the level of what Sony or Microsoft are offering.

Edited on by chucknorris078

chucknorris078

Harmonie

@FragRed The very least they can do is get rid of Friend Codes and make it like the Wii U's Nintendo Network. The very least. I mean the fact that the Switch operates through Friend Codes is already such a huge red flag that I can't take the online seriously at all. Even though the system is less closed than the Wii's, and you can add people from other systems without Friend Codes, the fact that Friend Codes are there at all is just inexcusable for me.

@chucknorris078 Yes, and at least I know with ports on Sony consoles, I know that they will go on sale and eventually be permanently reduced in price. Plus, they're oftentimes bundled. None of this $60 Twilight Princess HD two years after release nonsense that Nintendo pulls.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

My logic was pretty much, what are the 2 things Nintendo fans desperately want the most on Switch?

• Smash
  • VC

I think a Smash 4 port is more likely than Smash 5 and there's 2 ways Nintendo could spin it to get people to pay for the paid online service:
1. Online multiplayer actually works well. Even with the Wii U version, playing online in anything other than 1v1 For Glory had ridiculous lag so if the Switch version worked well online that would be a major draw.
2. Shut down the Wii U online servers by mid/late August 2018. This forces anyone who wants to play Smash online to get the Switch version. In this case, a Super Mario Maker port or sequel would also need to be announced for Switch.

The VC point is just a case of many Nintendo fans would pay for the online service if it was the only way to get specific classic games on Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@chucknorris078 But you're paying for the privilege of playing online. The rest shouldn't matter, right? Those extra free games are only that after all, a bonus on top of it, not the main draw. I mean, the fact that you get a year of online play for only â‚Ŧ60 is a good deal in itself, isn't it?

Octane

NEStalgia

@YummyHappyPills Steep is still "TBA", is Snowdrop....but I just can't see that game ever arriving. The visuals are half the game, and the always-online is a critical problem. I can see Southpark though....that's one key reason I keep holding off on PSN sales for it.....

@FragRed No Microphone and I don't believe the headphone jack has a mic contact either, so it really can't do it (wired USB I guess...but only when docked.)

@chucknorris078 Sometimes they give a good deal (it's old and I already had it but Deus Ex: MD last month was great. This month, Knack and Rime.....I'm among the few that loved Knack, but it's 4 years old and was just $5 in the lightening sale the week before. Rime.....well opinions will vary. Starblood Arena 2 months in a row for VR. At least the one PS4/Vita crossplay from NIS looks decent if budget. But lets face it they hand pick and old previously clearanced game to give you free, and when it's a good one it's a game most owners already played. The sales are the only real boon to Plus. If you're not saving $5/mo in games you're still throwing money away on a 1yr sub for P2P play. When the network is up. When it's not hacked. When the store functions. (That lightening sale in Jan was brutal...the pages didn't load most of the time even on the console.) I like PS, but I surely won't sugarcoat that their online is....very late 90's.

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

@NEStalgia The only games made in Snowdrop are Starlink, Division, Fractured and Mario

link3710

@NEStalgia Steep is Anvil, not Snowdrop. If you haven't heard of it, it's the engine behind basically every Assassin's Creed, the recent Tom Clancy's and For Honor. Which, don't get me wrong, I expect them to get it working on Switch and start porting all the old AC games, cause easy money. But Steep was the game to get it working with first, so it's got all the issues to deal with.

link3710

NEStalgia

@link3710 Ahh, that engine has always been a broken mess from day 1. Watch_Dogs I presume as well? And The Crew? It explains so, so much.....

I still don't expect the game will actually arrive. It missed most of it's run, it died out on other consoles, missed the olympic tie-in.......it would be like sending Madden out on WiiU in 2016.

NEStalgia

link3710

@NEStalgia Watch Dogs had it's own custom engine called Disrupt... which also explains a lot. The Crew? I have absolutely no idea what engine that is in actually.

link3710

gcunit

What are all these digs at the Watch_Dogs engine for? That was a great game.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

Apparently Nintendo is publishing Dark Souls Remastered in Europe.

Sigh.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic