Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 70,011

WebHead

@rallydefault sadly it's evident Nintendo doesn't give a damn what others think lol. Nintendo does what Nintendo wants, for better and worse.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

@Lzeon it's common practice for people to upgrade there stuff once in a while, you know.

WebHead

LzWinky

Wait, an e3 reveal was ZERO build-up? Wut?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Therad

dtjive wrote:

Therad wrote:

@dtjive come on, not telling details about their business is not lying. In fact, it might hurt them and their business if they start blabbering about their customers products before they have been revealed. Why do you think we hear about "embedded solution contract win" instead of "we will provide chipsets xyz to the next PlayStation!"?

Not debunking a rumour that you know isn't true because it might increase investment is indeed lying.

I'm not expecting however for Nvidia to say "oh yeah the rumour is true, we are gonna be the SoC for the NX". I expect they'll give some non-committal answer, but if it is outright not true they should really come out and say it.

So you have never ever heard companies say things like "we don't comment on rumours"? It isn't wrong in the eyes of the law. They have no obligation at all to talk about rumours. And I bet you that they have already talked about the deal, with projected shipment date, sales number and everything. Except calling the company "Nintendo". So it wouldn't change anything for Nvidia investors.

In fact, if they reveal anything about the capabilities of NX (if they indeed are the provider), they might even be in breach of the contract with Nintendo. It could destroy their customers business and give them a bad rep.

The only way they get to talk is if Nintendo give them permission.

Therad

Therad

I guess you all are as outraged with Sony. I mean, Sony has only confirmed the existence of Neo.

Therad

FragRed

@Therad The difference with Sony is that the Neo is just an upgrade to a system that continues to gets loads of support from third party, second party and first party studios and publishers. The Neo also doesn't affect those who already own a PS4. With Nintendo, there's virtually no first party or third party games coming to the Wii U and only slightly more for the 3DS, and the NX is a whole new platform/console.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NinChocolate

You should all know August is a dead month for Nintendo. I have no doubt that there are company executives taking some vacation this month as a month like September is a 'all hands on deck' kind of month as they usually start up their release schedule again then.

Nintendo on holidays, folks:)

NinChocolate

cwong15

Why would Nintendo want to build up hype for a product that they cannot sell? Basically, if you're marketing something that nobody can buy before Christmas, you're wasting time and money. That's not where the consumer attention is.

cwong15

WebHead

@cwong15 I guess you don't remember 3ds then.

WebHead

Octane

@Therad Not really. They've openly talked about the NEO for the past two months. The thing with NEO is that there's no reason to show the system a year before launch, it's just an upgrade. It probably looks the same, it plays the same games, only at a higher framerate or in a higher resolution, but how you're going to show that off in a video anyway? VR was a new thing for example, and we've seen plenty of the PSVR in the past two years. Not to say that that's the way to go, but Ninty can't wait until January and casually drop a NX reveal video on YouTube.

It wouldn't have been a problem if they had other stuff coming this year, but apart from a few titles, there isn't much. Gamescom or TGS are the places to show off a new console. Especially if it has an all new concept.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane If Nintendo plays their cards right they could use both Gamescom and TGS to showcase the NX. That way they can cater their message accordingly to both the Western and Japanese markets.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed I believe they're just two weeks apart, so that would make sense. Problem is, looking at their Gamescom line-up, it doesn't seem like they're going to reveal a new system. They're bringing games like Zelda (Wii U version), but also Splatoon, Mario Kart and Smash Bros., just more of the old stuff, some 3DS games and a handful of indie games. Any live conference would've been confirmed at this point.
http://jpgames.de/2016/08/gamescom-2016-line-up-und-programm-...

Octane

Octane

@Grumblevolcano I know, hence I said they shouldn't have to show the system a long time before launch. Either at Gamescom of TGS should give them enough time.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane The thing that worries me is that if Nintendo reveals the NX at TGS which generally doesn't attract much buzz from the general Western media, then it'll all seem very much like they don't care about the Western market. Whereas a Gamescom reveal would show that they are still serious. But this is Nintendo and I am still convinced they have no idea of how they want to market this thing.

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Yeah, I would've thought a proper unveiling in August as there's still the whole concept of the retailer side of things (e.g. preorders). As for time between Gamescom and TGS, it's actually a month, not 2 weeks. Gamescom is 17th-21st August and TGS is 15th-18th September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@FragRed feels like theyre making it up as they go.

WebHead

Octane

@FragRed Didn't they reveal the Wii at TGS? Handhelds are popular in Japan as well. TGS does make the most sense. I even expect Sony to reveal NEO at TGS, despite the fact that their presence is a lot bigger in Europe and NA.

I don't think Nintendo has changed either, so yeah, expect barebones marketing regardless of what the NX turns out to be.

Octane

FragRed

@WebHead I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo didn't reveal it at TGS and kept pushing it back for one reason or another.

WebHead

@FragRed in fact I recall it being confirmed that Nintendo doesn't have a booth at tgs this year?

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic