Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,761 to 17,780 of 70,076

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I haven't seen a single Switch ad on TV at all and that's the God honest truth. I seen Wii U ads back at its launch though they quickly disappeared, the last one I seen was for MK8. I see PS4 ads on TV all the time.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

meleebrawler

On Youtube I've been seeing an increasing number of Samus Returns ads. I think that's their main advertising focus at the moment.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

NaviAndMii

UmniKnight wrote:

Heh, so what I take from this, 1,2, Switch has almost completely disappeared from advertisement?

You know, I just checked Metacritic - of the 58 Switch games that have received 7 or more review scores, 1-2-Switch ranks as the 7th worst! :/ ..probably not much of a system seller! (..or maybe it's just ahead of its time? )

(EDIT) I have seen quite a few ads for the Switch since its been out though - there was one for 1-2-Switch at one point (with kids playing it at a barbecue) but I can't say that I've seen that in a while - I seem to see more ads giving a general overview of the console at the moment, rather than targeting specific games...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

zitpig

I've seen lots of ads for the Switch recently, including ads for 1-2 Switch. It was definitely advertised to kids for the school Summer Hols and BBQ parties etc. I've seen a few Splatoon2 ones too, and MK8 still.

zitpig

OorWullie

At Copenhagen airport with 6 hours to kill, I pulled out my Switch but no hot blonde has come sat next to me. A few have walked past me and one even smiled but she never sat down. False advertising from Nintendo, I'll be writing a complaint.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

IceClimbers

Here in the US I've seen a ton of Switch ads. Right now though it's mostly the Splatoon 2 commercial on the kids channels. The advertising on the more adult channels (Comedy Central, Spike, Adult Swim, etc) is for Samus Returns right now. The New 2DS XL ads seem to have stopped already (and they were running two completely different ads for it too).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie Lol! My hot blonde is downstairs watching tv!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

My hot blonde is on the sofa licking his paws 🐾

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Nicolai

I keep getting mobbed by this hot brunette... I'm calling defect!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

JaxonH

@BLP_Software
I never said otherwise. What I said was in the commercials, when the "click" or "snap" or whatever you call it happens at the end, it happens as the joycons go in and the system pushes into the dock

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH The noise never happens when you dock it.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@BLP_Software
Again, for like the 3rd time. I never said the noise happens when you dock it I am fully aware no noise happens when you dock it (probably just because that's how real life works, can't feasibly make a sound switching to TV and back). What I said, is in the advertisements at the end , the console pushes into the system as the joycons come down and they give the trademark snap.

Should I repeat it again for you?

There doesn't have to be a separate sound from docking it. Clicking in the joycons symbolizes all of that. Which is why the ads show the system pushing into the dock at the same time as the snap.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH You never specified it was in the ad! You made it sound like you were talking about it in reality!

To be fair I see no reason it shouldnt

NaviAndMii

@OorWullie I can't remember the last time I saw a skateboarder at a skate park - they're all just filled with teenagers playing ARMS nowadays...

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

gcunit

@BLP_Software For the sake of everyone's sanity, I completely understood what Jaxon was getting at first time.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

@gcunit Well Im just some dumbass idiot.

Nothing new there. Typical dips*** not getting context or intent through text on a webpage.

Also, that topic of convesation ended hours ago. Why bring it up?

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

JaxonH

Monster Hunter XX: 35 hrs
Splatoon 2: 110 hrs
Zelda Breath of the Wild: 235 hrs

Those are the 3 highest played games on my list. Obviously Splatoon 2 will reach hundreds of hours before I'm done with it, and I imagine MHXX will top out at 400 hrs or so (already put 400 hrs into the game on 3DS via Generations before transferring to Switch, so I'll total nearly 1,000 hrs in this game before I'm done).

I find that incredible. 3 games that will account for, in total, close to 1500 hrs (counting my previous 400 hrs in MH before transferring- the play time still says 435 hrs when I choose my save file)

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH BotW will go further too for you via the Champions Ballad DLC.

My top 3 most played Switch games are:
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 110 hours
2. Splatoon 2: 100 hours
3. Fast RMX: 20 hours

To be fair to BotW, I did spend about 80 hours on the Wii U version so the Switch version has been mainly playing catchup. After playing Switch for long enough, the concept of Nintendo games being limited to only a TV screen started to become a nuisance so that's when I started double dipping on games like BotW. I'd honestly be happy if all Wii U games I own got a Switch port eventually though that's rather unrealistic.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Tumbleseed - A Little While
Blaster Master Zero - A Little While
Kamiko - A Little While
Mighty Gunvolt Burst - A Little While

Jackbox Party Pack 3 - 5 hours +
Mr. Shifty - 5 hours +
Graceful Explosion Machine - 5 hours +
Puyo Puyo Tetris - 5 hours +

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - 10 hours +
ARMS - 10 hours +
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - 10 hours +

Snake Pass - 15 hours +

FAST RMX - 20 hours +

Sonic Mania - 35 hours +

Mario kart 8 Deluxe - 55 hours +

Splatoon 2 - 80 hours +

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 195 hours + (100%)

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Ports or sequels. Either or. I'd still like Mario Maker and DKC Tropical Freeze, and Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 (which those last 2 seem to be happening, so thats cool). And maybe Tokyo Mirage Sessions. That game deserves better.

I would say Pikmin 3, but if we get Pikmin 4 then that makes a port less important. Same for Xenoblade X. We're getting a sequel so I wouldn't be too upset if XCX never came. Splatoon 2 came, thankfully, which was needed because of the hackers in the first game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic