Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,401 to 17,420 of 70,081

NaviAndMii

On the subject of Mario - I'm still reeling from the news that he's no longer in the plumbing trade...

Untitled

..the above, a character description from Nintendo's official Japanese website, apparently translates as:

""All around sporty, whether it’s tennis or baseball, soccer or car racing, [Mario] does everything cool. As a matter of fact, he also seems to have worked as a plumber a long time ago..."

...I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to play sports in workman overalls!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

Guess they finally closed down the old shop after he and his brother disappeared down that green pipe and never came back.

And then Oddessy.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

StuTwo

@Hieronymus-E I think he just found more lucrative career options. After NSMB2 he probably never needs to work again. I guess he still has the plumbing qualifications if he ever wants to go back to the trade though.

Of course even Wario seems to have given up plumbing these days. I wonder if he's still running that software development house he started a few years back? I'd imagine he's making plenty of pay to win mobile games these days.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

StuTwo

@DarthNocturnal especially if you've got a side business going demolishing buildings.

Thinking about it he had a real racket going on there in the 80's - knock them down and build them back up...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

The fact it's September and the holiday 2017 Kirby 3DS game still hasn't been revealed yet is odd. Maybe a Direct is happening this month after all.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

The64Master

What are your thoughts on the Mushroom Kingdom being in Odyssey? I think it's great to have the classic kingdom that still gives that touch of Mario to it.

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

The64Master

@Grumblevolcano That'd be so convenient. I'd love to see more news on other stuff. As hyped as I am for Odyssey, I need more news on other stuff. Like, I don't know, VIRTUAL CONSOLE! Really. The switch has been out for 6 months. It's not that hard to port existing games to a new system.

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

DarkRula

@Dev I think their girlfriends would be Deach and Paisy - even if that sounds weird.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

antster1983

Heads up to any Germans reading, a German-only game called Schlag den Star, based on a popular game show of the same name (of which there was a short-lived UK variant called Beat the Star), is coming to the Switch on 29th September, published by bitComposer Interactive and distributed by Nintendo. See, they do handle shovelware!

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-of-europe-to-distribut...

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Therad

Samus7Killer wrote:

But it wasnt true 3D.
Maybe 2.8D at best.

No, they are 3D. You move in 3 dimensions. That's it.

Octane wrote:

In that case, I guess Mario Galaxy isn't a true 3D game either...

Yeah, but that one we like! So it is a 3D game!!!! tad bit sarcastic

Edited on by Therad

Therad

FragRed

@The64Master Don't get your hopes up for anything Virtual Console being announced any time soon. Nintendo seem to be unsure what to do with it.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MFD

@Grumblevolcano Yes please to that direct. Could always do with some more info, and it's not like Pokken DX will move mountains anyway (as in, if it distracts from it, I'd give that a /shrug)

MFD

antster1983

What? you don't think it's enough that Nicalis have brought two games to the Switch already? You don't think it's enough that they have 8 games in the pipeline? Well, how about SOME MORE? Oh, what's that? They've been PIXELLATED!?

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

UmniKnight wrote:

Well, considering this is a the topic for everything Switch, let us rejoice! https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/588543/The%20Switch%20hits%20...

AKA 1.5 million Switches sold in Japan so far.

Japan just can't get enough if the things. In the mkst litteral sense.

And this isn't even a holiday season. I wonder if sales spike around Christmas there like in the US and Europe?

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Octane

@Hieronymus-E Yes and no, because they probably don't have enough stock to keep up with the demand during the holiday season.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

Your icon sucks, so must your game! Lots more stuff to complain about people.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

Look what you want to be.

That's one of my rules.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic