Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,421 to 10,440 of 70,008

TuVictus

Not sure what's so bad about this. It seems very simplistic, not much to surprise us with either way. Which is good in its own ways

TuVictus

rallydefault

Operative2-0 wrote:

Not sure what's so bad about this. It seems very simplistic, not much to surprise us with either way. Which is good in its own ways

Are people saying it's bad? Or do you mean just this guy having a Switch so early?

rallydefault

TuVictus

Nah, I misinterpreted what you said. Thought you meant "that's gonna be bad" for Nintendo. But now I realize you mean the retailer. In which case, yeah, probably won't be getting early stock from Nintendo in the future

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Also in those system settings were an airplane mode and a system lock, which I assume means locking it like a phone.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

Two weeks early.. That's awesome if that happens with a game, but a console.. If you don't have any games it's useless. So if anyone's hoping to receive one early, don't bother, I can't do much till launch anyway.

Octane

Nin10dad

I got a delivery today, big box, certainly large enough for a Switch and Zelda. Couldn't think of anything else that I'm due to be delivered. Started to get really excited... Surely not... Surely 2 weeks early is just cray-cray.
Opened it, it's a new drill??
Confused, I went about my day.
The misses got home from work, and is like, oh great, the drill I ordered for you came, you can finally put those shelves up I've been asking you to do!!! FML

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Nin10dad

Well I'm glad I spread a little bit of joy! I was thinking, how ridiculous to even get excited, there's no way people would get their Switch 2 weeks early... and then I saw the leak....
It's like the time I wished I could somehow change my Yooka Laylee order from Wii U to Switch and about an hour later Playtonic announced they were cancelling the Wii U version.
Psychotic I am, hmm
@rallydefault

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

JaxonH

mav-i-am wrote:

gcunit wrote:

@Luna_110 Yeh, as much as many of the announced games have underwhelmed me, the following games do excite me having watched that and knowing that I'm now getting a Switch:

my own list

Deffo buys

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
FIFA 18
Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch (tentative title)
Fire Emblem Warriors
Has-Been Heroes
I Am Setsuna
Just Dance 2017
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Lego Worlds
Little Inferno
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Minecraft: Switch Edition
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
NBA 2K18
Untitled Pokémon game
Snipperclips
Splatoon 2
Super Bomberman R
Super Mario Odyssey
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
World of Goo
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Need to look at these closer

Arcade Archives
Arms
Farming Simulator 18
Fast RMX
Graceful Explosion Machine
Hollow Knight
Human Resource Machine
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Racing Apex
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
Redout
Untitled Shin Megami Tensei game
Snake Pass
Stardew Valley
SteamWorld Project 2017 (tentative)
Steep
Syberia 3
Tank It!
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Zombie Vikings

So it is safe to say, I (or my daughters!) am going to be busy!

Arms
Fast Racing RMX
Hollow Knight
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Rayman Legends
Redout
Shin Megami Tensei
Stardew Valley
Steamworld Switch

All deserving of the "Deffo Buys" list!

Steep is one I'll be buying too, only thing is I hate the persistent online. As a portable console they need to make it playable offline. As long as they do that, it's a "Deffo Buy" too!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

So it DOES make the "click" sound when you first boot it up!

renaryuugufan92

@IceClimbers Yes and I am ridiculously happy about that~

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

LzWinky

oh wow, so early.

It's not in my hands so I don't care

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JaxonH

Let's talk charging.

So the standard AC adapter is 5-15V at 2.6A, so 39W. It charges faster in handheld mode (presumably due to not supplying power to Joycons and powering USB ports on dock?).

In any case, some analysis on Reddit has some saying 3 hrs is pretty quick. Very possible it could charge up to say, 80% rather quickly vs the rest. In any case, Nintendo did say it could charge quicker via USB-C.

Question is, which charger to use. USB-C can handle up to 100W by default via Power Delivery 2.0 protocol. Now, the included 39W charger isn't no slouch, tbh. Most AC and phone chargers are less than that. But I want the fastest possible. It's tough finding a higher watt charger, and even tougher finding one that's reputable. The two I've found are the Google 60W charger (cable doesn't separate from AC plug portion) and the Apple MacBook 61W and 87W chargers, both of which are white and don't include the cable, but do allow the cable to be detached.

So.

Who here is knowledgeable about this sort of stuff? It's possible Nintendo capped the charge despite the 100W USB-C capability due to overheating concerns, or so I've heard. But they did say it could charge faster via USB-C, meaning more than the stock 39W... so how much faster? Would the 87W charger be safe? It has mega amps, wayyyy more than 2.6. I mean, I would think 3A would be ok, but can't find any good 15V 3A chargers (which would be 45W, since Volts X Amps = Watts). Think that MacBook charger goes as high as 20A and even on the low end is like 5A

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

And it's now confirmed

Untitledphoto uploader

JaxonH

@Frosty_09
Doubt it. Seems it works like any other console, aside from needing to initialize it first. This is probably to protect against people sharing accounts and buying less games. But that's totally fine. As long as if my system dies and I end up needing to get another, I can simply sign in with my Nintendo account after initializing the console and start downloading all my purchased software.

Yes, it was definitely time.

Edited on by JaxonH

KirbyTheVampire

Thank goodness. Nintendo is actually being modern for once. Maybe I'll actually download some games instead of buying all physical copies. Smaller titles, anyway.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Nin10dad

JaxonH wrote:

And it's now confirmed

Untitledphoto uploader

Wait, does this mean all my digital Wii U and 3DS data will transfer over? Or just that anything purchased this Gen will be readily available should anything and I need to re-access it?

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

IceClimbers

@G0dlike That only refers to stuff purchased on Switch. 3DS/Wii U stuff transferring over (other than eShop balance) isn't confirmed.

Edited on by IceClimbers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic