Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,441 to 10,460 of 70,091

gcunit

JaxonH wrote:

And it's now confirmed

Untitledphoto uploader

What's the source of that? Is it taken from the UI video?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Nin10dad

Yeah, that's what I thought! And am expecting another upgrade fee but it would be nice to be surprised @IceClimbers

Edited on by gcunit

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

gcunit

@G0dlike Well, unless the 3DS game is also available on Switch, then definitely not, I'd have thought - no backwards compatibility.

renaryuugufan92

JaxonH wrote:

And it's now confirmed

Untitledphoto uploader

The immediate question that popped into my head, with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comming, what happends to Wii U owners like me who had the original digitally?

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

JoyBoy

So here's this young fellow waiting a MONTH in line in NY to be the FIRST to get the Switch!
Meanwhile, somebody made a unboxing video of the Nintendo Switch and put it on YouTube... lol

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FGPackers

Click sound when starting the system? YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

And about the purchases now related to the account, and not to the system, finally Nintendo! Thank you! OS seems quite fast to be honest, i really like it. I'm everyday more and more happy about the Switch!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

skywake

@Spanjard
Technically people on the other side of the world will be able to skip the midnight launch and still get it before him. For example anyone in Australia, New Zealand or Japan will be able to get it before the midnight launch in New York by simply picking their's up before lunch on launch day. So those people were never going to be "first".

If someone wanted to be officially the first to get it? They should have booked a flight to New Zealand or and waited in line for one of their midnight launches. They would have still been later than some of the early shipments for sure. But at least then their "first in line for the Switch" claim could have had some merit.

@renaryuugufan92
I think best case scenario would be something like what you see on Steam. If the game is the same? You should be able to download it again. It shouldn't matter. Remasters? Well sometimes, when they feel it's appropriate, the publisher will recognise your purchase. But not always.

The real problem with Wii U and 3DS though is that there's no way they can really be sure about which physical games you own. If they recognise digital purchases then, in a way, they're being a bit unfair to the people who got physical copies. Now with VC and the various download-only titles that's not an issue. But with retail games? .....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Azooooz

Oh well, I was hoping we get to see Nintendo showing the Switch's UI and other software stuff, but after this leak, I don't think we'll see one until release.

GG, NeoGAF!

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

gcunit

@Azooooz Bear in mind this could have been an orchestrated 'leak' intended as a viral marketing trick.

A UI hardly makes for scintillating video content and Nintendo, having thought about the merits (or lack of) of making a presentation on it, could have decided this was a better way to do it - lighting up the games media for 24hrs with excitement over a 'leak' as this has done could be considered more effective than a dry presentation.

If this is a genuine leak, why is this guy the only person to have come forward about receiving one? If a retailer shipped early then they'd be other people waving their arms about it too. I've not seen anyone else yet...

@skywake ...But a Switch version of any Wii U/3DS game won't be the same game, it will be a port requiring work, work Nintendo are likely to want to cover by charging the customer. I will be very pleasantly surprised if Nintendo gives us anything more than existing VC purchases for free/nominal payment, though I guess there's a very outside chance that they could create a 3DS emulator to run on Switch, getting around the need to port the games. But there won't be a Wii U emulator on Switch.

Edited on by gcunit

Octane

Does anyone know whether this also includes the VC games on my Wii U?

Octane

JaxonH

@gcunit
a zoomed in screenshot from the unboxing video

first tweeted here

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

Any theories as to why Switch game cases are so tall?

3DS cases are oversized given the cartridge size, and Switch cases look even bigger. Waste of plastic and shelf space if you ask me...

@JaxonH Thanks for the confirmation.

Edited on by gcunit

Haruki_NLI

@gcunit Marketing.

Having an item on display that is noticeable and unique catches the eye, especially with a bold red in the corner and the full art.

3DS cases are rather understated, and a case more appropriate for cartridge size would be...well tiny, and easily overlooked.

People are attracted to whatever appears catching, and having a unique case dimension, with the art handled in this way, regardless of box contents, gets interest.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

The third version of the Zelda guide is up for preorder. The DELUXE version, the $80 super collectible version.

Untitledscreenshot

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-legend-of-zelda-piggyback...

@gcunit
Ya no prob. It's actually at the 2:54 mark if you're curious. But it's kinda hard to read.

Btw I agree it could be slick marketing. Or maybe he stole one and obviously didn't wanna say as much. Either way, I'm glad we're getting a sneak peak finally since we needed more info.

I like the case sizes though. I think there around the size of PSP cases but half as thick. I think it's more about retail presence then it is efficiency, know what I mean? Kind of reinforces that it's not quite a handheld, like the tiny handheld cases indicate.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

gcunit wrote:

@skywake ...But a Switch version of any Wii U/3DS game won't be the same game, it will be a port requiring work, work Nintendo are likely to want to cover by charging the customer. I will be very pleasantly surprised if Nintendo gives us anything more than existing VC purchases for free/nominal payment, though I guess there's a very outside chance that they could create a 3DS emulator to run on Switch, getting around the need to port the games. But there won't be a Wii U emulator on Switch.

Valve doesn't charge extra for Mac/Linux versions of their games. Food for thought.

Anyways, I can see the argument and it makes a lot of sense. I just think it's a bit rough to be asking people to pay full price for the same games when Nintendo can confirm that they already brought them. I'd argue that all of the VC releases are the same game again. I'd also argue that some of the already confirmed indie releases are the same games again. Shovel Knight, Little Inferno and the Human Resource Machine being the main ones. Remakes and remasters get tricky so I can give them a pass on those.

But really, there are only so many times you can own a copy of Super Mario Bros before seeing a pricetag beside it on a Nintendo digital store starts to look like Nintendo flipping the bird. You just know there are some people out there who had it on the NES, SNES, GBC, GBA, Wii VC, Wii U VC, 3DS VC and NES Classic Mini. I can understand if people like that end up flipping a table over if they boot up the Switch on launch and see

Super Mario Bros - $5US

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

rallydefault

Hrm... intentional? Maybe... maybe. If we don't start seeing a small slew of other users over the weekend, then I'm leaning toward this being planned.

rallydefault

mav-i-am

rallydefault wrote:

Hrm... intentional? Maybe... maybe. If we don't start seeing a small slew of other users over the weekend, then I'm leaning toward this being planned.

Could just be a dude that works in a game shop?

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

FragRed

@mav-i-am I doubt game shops have the Switch yet. They won't get them until the week it goes on sale.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

Where's Jim Sterling? I need to give hima hat for laughing about Nintendo having an account system like this, Even though it was pretty obvious from how the Nintendo Accounts have worked.

You know what, screw it, since I've been right about that, here's another thing. My Nintendo will be the Switch's achievements system. Because it was outlined for the Nintendo Account and Switch.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@BLP_Software Well Fire Emblem Heroes missions were going in the direction of the easier achievements/trophies from 360/XB1/PS3/PS4. Most games had the approach of achievement/trophy unlock for completing each level (where applicable).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic