Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 10,341 to 10,360 of 70,082

FGPackers

It's evident now that they want to focus on Scorpio since they got trash talked for Scalebound from...what, everybody? Frankly i'm really curious to see what they bring to the table and, eventually, how other houses will react because choosing Sunday, on that time...they HAVE to bring something other than Scorpio or it will be even worst than the Scalebound moment

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

FragRed

@FGPackers They announced it won't have Halo or Gears of Warwick this year at E3 so that means Crackdown 3 and Forza whatever number will be the big showcase games. And that maybe good for Nintendo especially seeing how Microsoft no longer do console exclusives anymore.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed When did they announce that? I honestly thought Halo 3 Anniversary would've been at E3 though maybe 343 is doing things the consumer friendly way and adding it to Master Chief Collection either as an update or DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I read it on GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-e3-2017-briefing-date-confirmed-with-project-/1100-6447893/). Doesn't surprise me to be honest, both games only came out in recently and with a 3 to 4 year development cycle, this makes sense not to show anything yet.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

When did this turn into the 'Microsoft's E3 2017' thread?

15 days...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

LzWinky

When Microsoft realized they stood no chance against the Switch

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

rallydefault

So I've been seeing a few articles today about Unreal Engine 4.15 (latest version, I guess) being supported on the Switch. That's pretty awesome! Is this something we already knew about, though. Apologizes if so. But great news for third-party porting.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@TheLZdragon Given what we know about Switch so far I'm thinking Scorpio may drown out Switch at E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Switch is too different for that to happen and besides, all Nintendo need is 1 game with the same hype as Zelda to cause a stampede. Hmmm....

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@GrailUK I think the days are long over when you could sell a system based on one game. People want to see lots of games, all with that kind of hype before jumping on board.

Grumblevolcano

@GrailUK But we're seeing gigantic backlash only a few weeks before BotW's launch just because Nintendo wanted to expand the game further with an expansion pass, all you need is for Super Mario Odyssey to have an expansion pass (which I think it will given the open nature of New Donk City) and all the hype will be gone in an instant.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan

@rallydefault Since the Switch supports Unreal Engine 4, I would expect all versions of UE4 that come out should work on the Switch unless there is some major change.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@GrailUK But we're seeing gigantic backlash only a few weeks before BotW's launch just because Nintendo wanted to expand the game further with an expansion pass, all you need is for Super Mario Odyssey to have an expansion pass (which I think it will given the open nature of New Donk City) and all the hype will be gone in an instant.

I just hear grumpy whining.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TuVictus

I wouldn't say the backlash is gigantic. In the grand scheme of things I don't think many people will care as long as the base game feels complete as it is

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@TheLZdragon Could be, we'll find out soon enough as the Switch and BotW launches in just over 2 weeks.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

TheLZdragon wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I just hear grumpy whining.

Same thing happened with Final Fantasy XV. People complaining that the season pass wasn't included with the special edition (as if DLC automatically is supposed to be included with any special edition?). In any case, you heard the same silly stuff, and I told people then to stop the complaining- like, you knew what the special edition had when you bought it and you deemed it worthy of buying, so don't go complaining after the fact as if the pass is "owed to you" for no reason.

Anyways, there was a uproar for a day and then people moved on and went right back into hype mode. And the game sold millions of copies, even despite some questionable previews. And the same thing will happen here. Ultimately, Zelda is going to probably outsell every entry in the series to date, and I'd be shocked if it doesn't rake the Metacritic scores across the board too.

Tell you what though, Nintendo needs to hurry up and announce some more information because we are two weeks away from launch and still have no idea what their VC plans are, haven't really got details about how accounts and games work when you sign in on a different Switch, we've got no details on the user interface or the eShop... what are they waiting on... e3?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ProjectX1991

@DefHalan @Frosty_09 ahh this made me laugh! Yes, I really need to get out of that abbreviation for Animal Crossing. Although having an Assassin's Creed twist could be a good shake up for the Crossing franchise...

ProjectX1991

FragRed

@Frosty_09 In my head it sounds like a cross between the American and French national anthems. Not sure if that's a good thing lol

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@TheLZdragon Given what we know about Switch so far I'm thinking Scorpio may drown out Switch at E3.

No way does Scorpio drown out Switch. It's being hyped up to be some sort of completely next-gen Xbox that will blow everything else out of the water, when in reality it's their version of the PS4 Pro.

It won't get anywhere without the games to back it up. With Scalebound's cancellation, they're pretty much relying on Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, and State of Decay 2 as well as this year's Forza. They're gonna need something huge that hasn't been announced yet that takes full advantage of Scorpio. If they don't, then they're setting themselves up for massive backlash.

Nintendo at the very least has Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2, and I assume Splatoon 2 (I imagine it'll be out a week or two later).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Did the eshop exist at launch for Wii U? I'm thinking maybe there's no info yet on that stuff for Switch because it doesn't exist yet.

@IceClimbers Well this is the stuff I see happening:

• The 4 games you mentioned
  • The console itself
  • VR
  • Indie section
  • Some big games
  • Big future system updates (updates in previous E3 conferences did cause hype like Backwards Compatibility in 2015)
  • The big changes to Xbox Live Microsoft teased earlier this year (or was it late last year? Don't remember)

Lots of big questions surround Nintendo's situation too:

• Format (Live or Digital Event? Treehouse afterwards?, etc.)
  • To what extent will E3 being open to the public affect press coverage from big gaming sites like IGN?
  • Has the quality of Nintendo's online servers improved or is the paid online just going to anger potential buyers more?
  • Is there some way to use a normal GC controller with the inevitable Smash port?
  • Is BotW's hard mode DLC really just going to be like WWHD/TPHD Hero Mode (paying for a difficulty mode will anger plenty of people) or is it going to be more like OoT's Master Quest?

And there's plenty more.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic