Forums

Topic: What 5 games must Nintendo launch the NX with?

Posts 241 to 260 of 286

YorkshireNed

Xenoblade Chronicles Y
Splatoonmania: Wet N Wild
Super Mario Simulator
Pokémon vs Resident Evil
The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword HD remake in 720dpi

http://www.wasistdas.co.uk

my website for krautrock, experimental, weird music

ChaseStrawberry

1. A new 3D Mario Title (Possibly Super Mario Galaxy 3?)
2. Pikmen 4
3. Zelda Wii/NX (They say it's coming to the Wii U but I believe it's gonna become a Twilight Princess situation)
4. New Ip
5. Metroid Prime 4

ChaseStrawberry

Nintendo Network ID: CLG_Gaming

Wittgenstein

A Paper Mario game that doesn't suck.
A Mario Kart game that features Fawful as a playable character.
Smash 5 with Paper Mario playable.
Mario & Luigi (first console installment).
Super Mario Universe.

I lead the way through the great unknown! Never knowing what I'll find...
I'm searching, expecting, exploring, connecting... So no one has to feel they're left behind.
-Wittgenstein, The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue

Better known as Fawfulthegreat64. She/They

iKhan

So, I'm convinced that this is a home console launching 2016. So, assuming that's the case, I have a few predictions I believe are damn solid.

1. Zelda U- Nintendo knows how successful this strategy was with Wii. No doubt they will try to replicate it again when the timing is so convenient.

2. The next 3D Mario game- Since moving to EAD Tokyo, there has been a new 3D Home Console Mario game every 3 years.

Launching with a Zelda and a Mario game is going to make Nintendo damn confident about the launch performance of their next system. They might not let the two cannibalize the others, and therefore stagger them within the launch window. Maybe Mario comes out at launch, and Zelda a few weeks later.

A few more games on the docket that I could easily see as launch window titles:
3. Pikmin 4
4. Retro's game
5. Smash Bros port.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

haigh1011

@iKhan: I reckon you are spot on with these selection, I thought Pikmin 4 might have been the unannounced Wii U game (turns out its was paper mario). Its been too many years since a proper 3D Mario game and I would be very surprised if they don't have one out 2016 or at the latest very early 2017. Thoughts on what Retro Studios game is?

haigh1011

iKhan

haigh1011 wrote:

@iKhan: I reckon you are spot on with these selection, I thought Pikmin 4 might have been the unannounced Wii U game (turns out its was paper mario). Its been too many years since a proper 3D Mario game and I would be very surprised if they don't have one out 2016 or at the latest very early 2017. Thoughts on what Retro Studios game is?

Given this recent update, I'd guess it's a new IP.

https://www.patreon.com/TheOneTheyCallTamaki?ty=h

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

haigh1011

@iKhan: I was really hoping for Diddy Kong Racing 2 but i just don't think its going to happen anymore, i'm also leaning to a new IP, hopefully its a 3D platformer

haigh1011

DjLewe78

Here's a strong possible 3rd party top 5 launch list..

1.COD bloodline
2.Beyond good and evil 2
3.FIFA 17
4.Bayonetta 3
5.Destiny 2

Obviously I've looked around online but you know what, if I could actually place a bet on launch games, I'd stick 20 bucks on that lot

1 up !

MadAnimator

1. Rogue Squadron IV
2. Mario Galaxy 3
3. Fire Emblem NX
4. Battalion Wars 3
5. Wave Race NX

MadAnimator

LetsGoChamp

A day one purchase would be Wave Race as a launch window title, this Wave Race would take elements of WR, Mario Kart 8, and include characters from the Nintendo Universe.

#LetsGoChamp says the Gamecube NX will rule them all.

DefHalan

@Whitewatermoose: That would be very expensive. One reason why those publishers normally target multi-platform releases is because 1 platform sale's normally can't pay for development. It might be better if Nintendo targeted smaller developers, like Platinum, rather than publishers.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shatpank81

just give me a Smash Bros with Ice Climbers, luigi's Mansion 3 and a the new Zelda game and i am in!

Oh and if they could get timesplitters up and running id lose my mind (played that so much on gamecube)

shatpank81

Kuhang

1. Bayonetta 3
2. Pikmin 4
3. Wario 3D World
4. Super Mario 64 Successor/Galaxy 3
5. Zelda

and FIFA "HAS" to be there. I can't do without FIFA as well.

Edited on by Kuhang

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

toxibunny

Most needed 5 launch games.

Final Fantasy XV
Splatoon DX (Not Splatoon 2. That comes later)
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Miitomo Sports World Championships
Star Wars Rogue One: The Videogame

Edited on by toxibunny

toxibunny

haigh1011

@Whitewatermoose: gezz you did put a lot thought into this, but I can totally agree with your assumptions. I just really hope that they bring out a physical release of yooka laylee rather than just on e-shop it would just mean so much more it a got a real copy Lo.

haigh1011

MysteryMan23

Personally, here's what I think the NX needs:

1. A system-selling game.
2. An awesome game.
3. A fun game.
4. An enjoyable game.
5. A great pack-in title.

LOL, but seriously now, I'm not willing to give any specific titles. All I really care about with regards to the launch lineup is that it has something to actually sell the system.

Nintendo Network ID: GamerDude23

IceClimbers

@Whitewatermoose: I'm pretty sure you mean Level 5, not Factor 5. Factor 5 doesn't exist anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

MysteryMan23 wrote:

Personally, here's what I think the NX needs:

1. A system-selling game.
2. An awesome game.
3. A fun game.
4. An enjoyable game.
5. A great pack-in title.

LOL, but seriously now, I'm not willing to give any specific titles. All I really care about with regards to the launch lineup is that it has something to actually sell the system.

Replace Enjoyable game with Creative game. We need more creative games this gen, the 8th gen lineup was way too safe.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

GrailUK

If recent rumours are to be believed then
1. Super Smash Bros
2. Zelda U
3. Splatoon
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Super Mario Maker

*erm...are they re-releasing the Wii U or what?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

GrailUK wrote:

If recent rumours are to be believed then
1. Super Smash Bros
2. Zelda U
3. Splatoon
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Super Mario Maker

*erm...are they re-releasing the Wii U or what?

Porting games isn't that expensive or require a lot of resources so I would say that this would just be to bulk up the launch of the NX, should the rumour be true. Personally I think Nintendo will use ports of Wii U games would be used to help deal with the year 1 droughts while they create new games.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.