Forums

Topic: Warframe

Posts 121 to 140 of 150

Ryzaerian

@OfNullAndVoid

Some frames have general drop locations (e.g. Oberon from Eximus units), while others come from very specific bosses or missions. If you’re looking for particular components, you can Google their farming locations.

As far as sell/keep weapons and frames, that’s up to you. Keep in mind that some frames are better suited for certain roles. For example, I use a Trin Prime for difficult group content, Oberon Prime when I want more offense/defense balance (for Interceptions, for example) and Ivara for Spy, Rescue, and Capture because she has an incredible stealth kit. Once you have her Infiltrate mod, you can Prowl through lasers and sensors without setting them off.

It’s almost inevitable that you’ll eventually need to upgrade your slots, but you can learn to make your own Platinum from the player trade, rather than buying it.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Yorumi

@OfNullAndVoid Most non-prime warframes drop from either a quest or an Assassination mission. There's one assassination mission per planet and each one drops parts for one specific warframe. There's a few exceptions like Oberon drops randomly from eximus enemies so basically one day you'll look at blueprints and you'll realize you have everything for him.

In terms of slots it's difficult to give specific advice on this. You do need more slots for sure but you don't need to keep every single warframe and weapon. In terms of weapons high level sorties often have weapon restrictions to a class. So like it will say Snipers only, or melee only. Without looking it up I think the categories are Rifle, Shotgun, Bows, Sniper, Secondary, Melee. So you need a good weapon in each of those categories. To a large degree most of the endgame weapons are about MR8 or higher. So yeah early on you can sell about anything just keep a weapon around that you know you like and later on you'll figure out what's really good.

In terms of warframes it's part preference and part knowing what's good. When you get to higher levels the defensive nature of a frame shifts from shields and armor to abilities. You basically need some way of either preventing enemies from attacking or being able to protect yourself from incoming fire. Examples of the former are Banshee's 1 and 3, Khora's 4, Zephyr's 4, Mag's 3 with augment, etc. Examples of the later are Frost's bubble, Mirage's 1, etc. There are other things to consider as well, Trinity, Oberon, Equinox, and Octavia are great support. Ivara's stealth is crazy for soloing things you have no business soloing and works wonders for Spy and Rescue missions. If a frame comes from a quest I wouldn't sell it just because you can't really recover it if necessary. You don't necessarily need all those frames but it gives you an idea of the kinds of things to be looking out for.

As far as all those goes you can make plat without buying it. There is a market selling various items and mods and other things to players for plat. Look up the website warframe market, as well as general trading guides and what to sell things. It's not an exact science like anything and takes some figuring out but it does work. Using plat is also a good way to get harder to find mods, or a prime part that just won't drop and stuff like that from the market. Just note any free plat you get can't be used for that it must be plat that you bought yourself or traded for. Purchases from DE's store consume free plat before other plat so you don't have to worry too much.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

OfNullAndVoid

@Ryzaerian @Yorumi Thanks for the advice! I actually managed to check out the website Warframe Market, which will help me price my sales right. Generally I have no idea what's hot and what's not, and I typically end up hurting myself in terms of sales, so this will help.

As for frames, I'll likely sell of duplicate blueprints, as I'm a sucker for collecting, which is why I'll definitely need to expand my slots. Fortunately I haven't gotten a complete set of warframe blueprints yet, so I can hold off on expanding the warframe slots.

Let me know if there's anything you're looking for and I'll see if I have it.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Ryzaerian

@OfNullAndVoid

Keep in mind, you can only sell PRIME Warframe blueprints and components to other players. The same goes for weapons. Mods are less restrictive.

Also, make sure you’re specifically looking at the Switch Warframe market. Otherwise, it will take you to the PC one.

https://switch.warframe.market/

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

CanisWolfred

Alright, so I quit this game after 8+ months of playing for a multitude of reasons - fatigue, a general lack of challenge, the grind getting to me (mostly due to most of the content that came with Fortuna honestly being pretty lame outside of the actual open world itself, which was nigh-unplayable in Public Online on PS4 when I last touched it, so ranking got tedious really quick always having to play solo or beg for help in chat), and not really feeling like I had much of value to look forward to. Not to mention I became so painfully familiar with the game, I could write a book on all the little things that this game does wrong. It's not a terrible game mind you, it's just what happens when I spend that much time with a game and study how it works. This is game in over a decade that I've ever experienced this, though, so I thought I'd point it out.

And you wouldn't you know it, Digital extremes laid out their plans for the year, and it looks like they want to address pretty much every complaint I (and many others in the community) have had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9QpXSGryg

There's too much for me to summarize in any meaningful detail, but needless to say, I think I'll have a lot to look forward to when I come back to it in a few months.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Jr-wolf

Hi all! Long time lurker to Nintendo life forum but first time poster.

I have just started to play Warframe the last few days and WOW, what a great F2P game it is. Although the learning curve seems to a bit crazy but there are some brilliant tutorial videos out there and well so far I have really enjoyed my experience.

I was just wondering how is the in-game community, I am a UK player, playing on the European server and there does not seem to be much activity (sometimes absolutely none) in the cities, the main chat channels etc and I can count on one hand the amount of people I have been able to run missions with. Just wondering as I don't want to time sink into this and get to a point its nigh on impossible to progress due to the population being "dead".

Does anyone have experience on the European servers? Is it worth changing to an American based server? (Are they more populated?)

Cheers

Jr-wolf

Zimon

@Jr-wolf I'm not certain since I'm new myself but I think most people use clans so maybe that's why there is not much activity in the region chat?

That being said, I really need to find a EU clan!

Zimon

Ryzaerian

Warframe's Switch population hit one million players as of December of last year. There may have been some initial drop-off, but I haven't noticed any population issues, at least as a US-based player.

Keep in mind that it's hard to gauge activity in a universe where everything is instanced. Most people rarely use chat or hang out in the relays. I always see players in Eidolon and Fortuna. But the majority of players, at any given time, are in their orbiter, or in a mission throughout the vast Warframe universe.

My suggestion would be to join a clan, preferably one within a larger alliance.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

CanisWolfred

Yeah, joining a clan (or at least making your own, if you have the time and resources to invest in one) seem practically mandatory in Warframe. Now that they've shown off Railjack some more (now called Empyrean), it seems like Clans will be even more important.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Zimon

@CanisWolfred Yup! Good thing is since Tennocon I've seen at least 50 ppl in region chat when I log in. So the hype and the new Prime seems to have helped, for now.

Zimon

DannyBoi

How do I complete Warframe? I have just killed Vor.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Zimon

@DannyBoi You can see all quests in the codex on your ship.

For now I highly recommend you start working your way through the planets.

Venus will be your 2:nd planet.
While you are there do the node on Fossa a few times and try to collect 1 Rhino Chassi, 1 Rhino Neuroptics and 1 Rhino Systems that drops from the boss there.

After that work your way to Mercury and finally Mars. When you get to Mars you can start to collect gallium which you need for the Rhino parts.

Finnally check out the Market in your ship. Go to Warframes and look up Rhino. You need to buy a Rhino Blueprint for 15.000 credits. Not platium mind you. Credits.
Congratulations. You can now craft your second Warframe.

Zimon

DannyBoi

The guardian of the solar rail(venus junction) is giving me hell.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Zimon

@DannyBoi if you have excalibur most junctions can be cleared with skill 2 and then skill 4.

As for the other starters I can't really give good advice.
Just try and upgrade vitality mod for more hp and the 3 damage mods; serration on primary weapon, hornet strike on secondary weapon and preassure point on melee weapon.

Zimon

CTmatic

HELP. ANYONE. 😂

So long story short I’m an avid Destiny player since day 1, hence why I just started Warframe. Even though I now know they’re not all that similar.

I am confused as 🤬. I don’t think I’ve ever been this confused in a game with what seems like a bazillion different types of drops, not knowing what to do with them, etc.

Can someone explain the basics of Warframe to me and/or point me to a web link that explains stuff?

Thanks!

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

Syndrome

@CTmatic It's pretty hard to explain the basics of Warframe as it(as you stated) has multiple mechanics that can seem rather intimitating to new players. I strongly suggest you consult their wiki. It's one of the most detailed and thorough wiki sites i've seen and is constantly updated.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki
Be warned: Warframe is a difficult game to get into but if you get past the initial confusion you'll realize it's a very addictive and fun experience. Unfortunately i'm playing on pc(although it's been a while:P) otherwise it'd be happy to hop into and help you find your way around.

Edited on by Syndrome

Syndrome

CTmatic

Thank you! I appreciate it. I’m not necessarily intimidated, even though I’ve heard other people phrase it that way. I’m just flat out confused with the large amount of goofy terminology of the drops & material items. Destiny has the same weird naming stuff but on a much smaller scale. @Syndrome

CTmatic

Thank you. I’ll watch this to. @Zimon

Syndrome

@CTmatic Ah, yes. "Goofy" is a common theme across the board in Warframe, especially it's terminology. You'll get used to it.

Syndrome

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic