Forums

Topic: Trials of Mana Remake

Posts 101 to 120 of 175

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Yea, Charlotte just annoys me so much that I refuse to ever choose her. I usually go with Hawkeye or Duran.

I tried once with Kevin but he just wasn't clicking with me.

It's games like these that, for better or worse, your first-time character pick HUGELY influences how much you like the game.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault yea that's a good point I didn't think about. Then again, I kinda knew duran was my guy from the get go, Hawkeye was a close 2nd. I still don't understand why Charlotte is there. When you think about it, she really doesnt fit in with the rest of the cast. Everyone seems to be solid picks for the game except her imo. Heck, I'd rather play as the miner watts.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NotoriousWhiz

@Cynas Changing the control scheme is a good idea. I think I'll do the same. Then I won't get confused switching between FF7R and Trials. I was tapping the wrong button all over the place when I played briefly on Saturday lol.

NotoriousWhiz

NintendoByNature

This game is already on sale on Amazon 😣. I paid full price just a few days ago

NintendoByNature

SwitchForce

Here's a question how does one make a Long Jump in Gusthall to the cactus across the ledge? I have all party of females but can't seem to find a way to make the jump.

SwitchForce

NintendoByNature

@SwitchForce there should be a fan blowing that direction when you hit a switch. Tap the analog stick for running and jump at the same time

NintendoByNature

SwitchForce

NintendoByNature wrote:

@SwitchForce there should be a fan blowing that direction when you hit a switch. Tap the analog stick for running and jump at the same time

Tried that one with single fan and double face fan but can't jump always get pushed down. So if you or someone cold link a YT showing that might give me more ideas.

SwitchForce

SwitchForce

@NintendoByNature thanks for the YT tip. I tried to jump from that location as well but I have to get it another try as well. Have to keep watching that video to see it.

SwitchForce

NintendoByNature

@SwitchForce sorry man that stinks. Good luck and not too far ahead of you if you have anymore questions.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
If it's not first-party, I usually give things a week or two. Typically you'll be able to knock 10 bucks off it.

I'm playing the long game on FF VII Remake right now lol … I bet we'll see a discount sometime in May.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault yea i usually go to Wal-Mart(as they discount games) but all of them didnt have stock day 1 by me. I really wanted it day 1 so i did best buy curbside

NintendoByNature

SwitchForce

@NintendoByNature Thanks for the link I was able to jump from that side after couple tries. What a mess of jump I should be able to get that shell jump and use it but no picking up those items.

SwitchForce

NintendoByNature

I'm on the way to get dryad which is the final elemental and 12 hours in exactly. I can't be that close to beating the game, can i?

NintendoByNature

SKTTR

To those who have played both versions:
The original / Collection of Mana
or the remake / Trials of Mana?

I grew up with 16 bit, and it's very possible that I would have more fun with the 2D version.

I think if I had bought Dragon Quest XI S, I might have played it in 2D mode only.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Cynas

@NintendoByNature No, I'd say about half way. There's also a pretty sizeable post-game dungeon (which I would recommend doing), so you've still got a ways to go. Of course, there's also completing the story with the other characters if you feel like it.

@SKTTR The remake is extrmely faithful to the original game, you'll get a pretty similar experience if you play the 2D version or the 3D version. The remake does add some new post-game content and some nice quality of life changes and other improvements, like the training points system to make investing into other stats actually worthwhile. The combat is much more fast paced, but it still feels pretty similar to the original. Overall if you greatly prefer the 16-bit style then you might as well start with the original, and if you really enjoy it and want to experience it in 3D then maybe get the remake and replay it with new characters, since the story changes a bit depending on what characters you pick.

Edit: Another thing I should also mention about the original is that it's much more cryptic on where you have to go, so if that bother's you that might be something to think about. Also, from what I remember I had to do a bit more level grinding in the original, you seem to level up quite a bit faster in the remake, but maybe that's just because of how quick the combat is now.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

NintendoByNature

@Cynas cool. I'm glad i still got a bit left. I absolutely love the game and dont want it to end quickly.

NintendoByNature

Cynas

@NintendoByNature If you're enjoying the game you should definitely check out Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. It's another action RPG and I find it has a lot of similarities to Trials of Mana, although it has more of an emphasis on the storytelling.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

NintendoByNature

@Cynas good stuff thanks for the tip. I'll definitely look into it. After trials, I do have quite a bit on the table. Wonderful 101R, SoR4, final fantasy IX, and Final fantasy X/X-2. I will probabaly be busy until June/July. Plus i play animal crossing about 1-2 hours every day. I'll definitely check out Ys VIII

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic