Forums

Topic: Trials of Mana Remake

Posts 161 to 175 of 175

Chunkboi79

@Don it's pretty awful. The mana games especially secret of mana aged very poorly. Trials is much better, but the trials remake is perfect for me so far.

Edited on by Chunkboi79

Chunkboi79

Albright

Hello everyone,
I have serious troubles using an item. How do I place an item, like a candy, in the ring menu.
I managed it once, but don't know how I did it and now I can't repeat it.
I'm pretty desperate, because I need to revive on of my companions

Albright

DenDen

I think it’s save for me to say this is my goty.
I got the 3 bosses and all the secret stuff.
Best equipment possible.
New game + mastered all save files lv 99
On hard difficulty.
All side quests done this game is nearly perfect for me.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

NintendoByNature

@DenDen I love it too. I didn't do every party member yet but i will some day. It's only behind xenoblade for me.

NintendoByNature

DenDen

@NintendoByNature wich story did you follow? Did you get new game +

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Jarester

hi I am wondering in trials of mana do u ever have to aim to shoot? such as, are their bows? or magic spells that require aim?

Jarester

RR529

@Jarester, I just finished it on PS4

When pressing down on the D-Pad the the action pauses and a ring menu with your available spells pops up, and doesn't unpause until you choose a spell & it's target. (Same thing when using items, just by pressing up on the D-Pad).

No one has ranged melee weapons as far as I remember.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 Ranged Melee weapon. That's an oxymoron. How can a range weapon be melee? It's either ranged or melee not both.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jarester

@RR529 ok so I am really bad at aiming on the controller do u think I'd be fine with using a controller? Im debating whether or not to get it for switch or pc. i'd rather get it for switch but if i have to aim then i'd rather pc.

@Tasuki because of the oxymoron he posted I still need a bit more information

Edited on by Jarester

Jarester

RR529

@Jarester, there's no aiming in the game.

As for main weapons, Duran uses a sword, Angela a staff, Hawkeye dual knifes, Reitz a trident/spear, Keven appears to be a brawler (didn't use him, but based on gameplay vids he probably uses claws, brass knuckles, or some such), and Charlotte appears to be using a staff as well.

You access items (this includes single use "throwing items" like shuriken & throwing axes, in addition to healing items like candy or chocolate) by pressing up on the D-Pad, which pauses the action and brings up a menu on the bottom of the screen. The action doesn't resume until you either close out of the menu or pick an item & it's target (this requires no real time aiming or direction on your part).

Magic works the exact same as the above, other than the fact you bring up it's menu by pressing down on the D-Pad.

If you're still confused you can look up gameplay videos on YouTube. If you see a white reticle, the player just has lock-on enabled, so the camera automatically follows a certain enemy, and the player is not aiming at them.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@Jarester Melee are weapons that are handheld weapons, daggers, knifes, axes, etc. And range weapons are weapons that shoot or tossed, i.e. Arrows, boomeranges, javelins etc.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic