Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 2,210

Hallonblad

@scubydo I can't say anything of Mercenaries (hopefully someone else can give you some insight), but Disgaea 5 is a lot of fun. Story is cute, absolutely ridiculous and quite anime-esque, so if you're into that I can't recommend it enough. Also the game quite literally begins for real after the story is done with. Should warn you that sinking 100s of hours into this game is scarily easy, especially when the Switch let's you bring it with you wherever you go.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

gukingofheart

meowed
What's on your Nintendo Switch?

no spam please, advertise videos in your signature instead. -Joey

Edited on by Joeynator3000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gis4ByWmwo4
What's on your Nintendo Switch?

AndyD

Hallonblad wrote:

@scubydo I can't say anything of Mercenaries (hopefully someone else can give you some insight), but Disgaea 5 is a lot of fun. Story is cute, absolutely ridiculous and quite anime-esque, so if you're into that I can't recommend it enough. Also the game quite literally begins for real after the story is done with. Should warn you that sinking 100s of hours into this game is scarily easy, especially when the Switch let's you bring it with you wherever you go.

Thanks, still not sure which to get honestly, played the demo for Disgaea 5...and it was VERY good, but the price is a bit steep with so many games to choose from and the variety...but I might grab it used somewhere.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

darkfenrir

@scubydo mmh, yeah tried the demo, and don't feel like it's for me. The minecraft side isn't too much fun for me, unfortunately :/ (And I really have problems with Dragon Quest artstyle although I understand people have their own liking hueh, just disliking those Dragonball looks). Sorry, feels like I keep rejecting stuff /o

Also Disgaea 5 should be great as long as it follows the Disgaea's series staple, and if you love to see absurd numbers- this series are totally yours to play (I didn't pick it up since I played Disgaea 4 and I know it's not my kind of gameplay since I don't enjoy to grind super much XD story's are what I play games for, most of the time)

darkfenrir

LuckyLand

I was unsure about Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, so I bought it on Steam since there was a big discount, and I like it a lot it is very good. I highly recommend it to anyone. I don't like Dragon Ball that much, I liked it many years ago but then they ruined it making it too long while Toryiama had obviously no more ideas to put into it turning it into garbage, but this game is very good anyway. I'd recommend it to anyone you don't need to be fans of Dragon Ball or anything it is just fun and polished and addicting (man I am already grinding in Skyrim now I really am going to have a lot of troubles lol)

@8-Bit_Superman Ultra Street Fighter 2 is very good, but since you have waited for so long I would wait a few months more and buy the Street fighter collewction instead, expecially if you are not interested in HD graphics. Another game I like a lot is World Heroes Perfect because of its unusual and intriguing setting. It is very polished and fun and the theme of the game makes it very cool and fun. I like to see all the different stages and different timelines characters. Next week will also be available Fatal Fury 3 and this is a game I really like a lot. I would suggest to you to wait for the SF collection and in the meantime buy Fatal Fury 3 or World Heroes Perfect that are rather cheap (ACA)

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

SuperWeird

@8-Bit_Superman

• Samurai Shodown I & II
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves
  • The Last Blade
  • King of Fighters 98
  • Fatal Fury Special

SuperWeird

AndyD

@8-Bit_Superman yeah I picked up myself, of course, I haven't had time to play it yet...still trying to beat XC2 for the first run through. Also, my back log keeps growing with all these great games I am finding on the shop...Escapists 2, Enter the Gungeon, DragonFangZ, Darkest Dungeon, Steamworld dig2...on and on!! These games bring back so many memories of just how tough games used to be, but they were still SO much fun!!

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

cambotero

FIFA has a 50% discount these days in the EU eshop.
I didn't want to pay 60€ for a downgraded version of the game, but 30... I'm not sure.
Does somebody own the game and can help me deciding whether to buy it or not?
I don't care about Ultimate Team or the Journey... I just enjoy playing local seasons with my team and local VS matches with my buddies

cambotero

Late

Has anyone bought Gal Metal from the Japanese eShop? I'm interested in it but I would like to hear if it's actually good. 40€ is a bit too much to throw at a game you don't know much about.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tiefseemiez

I have 19,81€ on my e-shop account and today is the last day some of my watchlist-games are on sale.
Should I buy...
....The next Penelope?
....Floor Kids?
....Overcooked?

Also there are new games on offer, but there still will be time to pick them up on sale next week:
....Axiom Verge?
....Battle Chef Brigade?
....Forma 8?

Does anyone have played especially the ones in the upper list and can tell how they liked them?

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Scrummer

@Tiefseemiez I love overcooked, but only get it if you have friends who would be willing to play it with you.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Kiolu100

I made a thread about having some eShop funds and being very indecisive, and was redirected here. I've got a list of games and I was wondering what one I should pick up.

-Thumper
-Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
-Crypt of the Necrodancer
-Owlboy
-Axiom Verge
-Stardew Valley

What game should I get with my remaining funds?

Kiolu100

Scrummer

@Kiolu100 Stardew Valley is a phenomenal game, and is well-deserving of all of the praise it's been getting. Unfortunately, I can't say anything for the other games.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Kiolu100

@Scrummer Thanks, I'll pick it up.

Still got $25 or so in the account so I could do a bit of splurging on another game from that list.

Kiolu100

SuperJoon

Thinking of getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soon, never played any of the games before, looking for something different and from what I’ve seen the games looks decent. Recommended?

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

LuckyLand

@Kiolu100 Wonderboy the dragon's trap is excellent

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Dogorilla

@Kiolu100 Wonder Boy is very good but only takes about 4-5 hours to beat so it's too expensive considering how short it is imo. Thumper is great so I can vouch for that, but I haven't played the others.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Krull

@Kiolu100 I have Wonder Boy and Axiom Verge, and they're both great. Axiom Verge is on sale, though, so that would be my recommendation.

I also have Crypt of the Necrodancer, though not on Switch. I didn't get on with it personally, and wouldn't recommend it - but I know some people adore it. You might too, but buyer beware!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic