Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 2,207

GamingTelescope

@Imerzion I personally recommend super Mario odyssey! But if you really don't want that great game than I'd get splatoon 2 unless youre not going to do the paid online.

I am a Big Nintendo fan and spend much of my freetime playing Mario, Zelda and more! My other hobby is my Gaming website, GamingTelescope https://gamingtelescope.blogspot.com/ and looking at Gaming News on NintendoLife!

Imerzion

@Sharks Thanks, I was tempted at one point to pick up Odyssey, but paying close to £50.00 for a 15-20 hour game doesn’t really tempt me, regardless of hearing nothing but good things about it.

I actually went ahead and bought Xenoblade in the end, but Monster Hunter World is now eating up all of my time!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

GamingTelescope

@Imerzion cool! Tell me if xblade 2 is any good. Also I got odyssey for Christmas I'm still playing! It really starts once you beat it.

I am a Big Nintendo fan and spend much of my freetime playing Mario, Zelda and more! My other hobby is my Gaming website, GamingTelescope https://gamingtelescope.blogspot.com/ and looking at Gaming News on NintendoLife!

NEStalgia

@scubydo There's SO much stuff coming out just this month. DQB, Bayo 2, Payday, Last 5 Minutes, Fe.... Most hectic Feb I've seen on Nintendo maybe ever.

Disgaea5 is amazing.....and massive....and difficult. You're set for months with that one alone (If you like SRPGs.)

NEStalgia

Scrummer

@Imerzion I've put 50 hours into Super Mario Odyssey and still haven't completed it. It will take you about 15 hours to complete the main story, but there is an immense amount of post-game content. This is a must-have for every Switch owner. But I guess if you only want things that'll give you hundreds of hours of gameplay that's cool too, but you really, really should give Mario Odyssey a shot. It's one of the best games of all time in my personal opinion.

Edited on by Scrummer

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Imerzion

@Scrummer I’ve never really been a massive fan of Mario in all honesty, so it’s not just the content alone that’s putting me off the game. Just not something that I would generally go for.

A friend of the family does own the game though so I could potentially borrow it some point down the line, but only when I’ve got the time! Thanks for the input though I do appreciate it and who knows, might end up being a favourite of mine one day.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

darkfenrir

So just upgraded my Switch's Memory Card to 128GB... is there any interesting eShop title that is in line with JRPG/Adventure kind?

(Do try to avoid recommending those on Steam though, like Night in the Woods, since I can get it for far cheaper there even without waiting for discounts)

darkfenrir

Scrummer

@darkfenrir I've heard Lost Sphear is good. Personally, I'm not a JRPG guy, so I would just say look into it and see if it interests you.

Scrummer

darkfenrir

@Scrummer guuu. Tried Lost Sphear's demo already and unfortunately I immediately close it, for myself. (Meanwhile Octopath interest me hard, rip Lost Sphear, I guess)

Thank you though

darkfenrir

Scrummer

@darkfenrir No problem. And honestly, I did the same thing, but I figured it was just because I wasn't a JRPG guy. (As I previously mentioned.)

Scrummer

darkfenrir

@Scrummer I feel it's just... the game didn't feel... "nice" for me, I guess? And I'm quite avid fun for JRPG.

And it's alright to not like a genre

Anything along the Adventure kind of things?

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@scubydo T_T oh god, roguelikes. Unless it's like those Pokemon Mystery Dungeon where I can retain items and levels... Really find it more tedious than anything because I 'lost' everything in a sense?

And yeah, tried Gunvolt and Darkest Dungeon too, those two aren't really to my liking to be honest...

Thank you though for the help! >_<// Sorry that I keep rejecting people's recommendations here

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Whelp. Much sadness then

Guess will just wait...

darkfenrir

Scrummer

@darkfenrir All I can really think of is Zelda. Forma.8 had a demo released, and one could probably classify that as an adventure game.

Scrummer

darkfenrir

@Scrummer Whelp, already got Zelda, it's excellent but I found XC2 is more to my liking XD hmmm let me check out this Forma 8 then, thanks owo/

darkfenrir

SKTTR

Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 for Switch by Invictus, published by Rainy Frog, developed by Ratalaika Games is a fun sidescrolling action game inspired by early and unique horizontal shoot'em-ups such as Choplifter and Defender, modernized with 35 missions, 12 different choppers with customizable weapons, all with nice physics and controls.

You earn money by taking down enemies and beating missions. This money is used to buy new helicopters and weapons, but it also can be used to refill ammo and health at H-platforms during the missions.

You can also earn up to three stars per mission. One you get automatically for beating the stage, another one you get for beating a certain time (best times are saved), and the last one you get for beating the stage without exploding once. You need a certain amount of stars to unlock later stages.

There are also 5 badges to find and collect in every stage. These will be saved as soon as you touch them. Explore the stages and collect 50 badges to unlock special vehicles like a moonlander, a drone, and a UFO.

Even though the graphic style is blocky, the design is consistent and there's enough detail to make everything look vivid and detailed. From soldiers doing their business in the bases to the wind and dust particles of your heli to the different weather effects, environments, and different enemy units, everything just gels together nicely.

The music is good and fits the theme. The sound effects get their job done as well.

If you like helicopter action games, and if you like old-school horizontal shooters like the ones mentioned above + Falcon Patrol I+II, Fort Apocalypse, Airwolf, Mr. Heli, etc. I recommend Dustoff Heli Rescue II. I just beat it and completed most of the stages and really enjoy it.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

AndyD

Any idea on how long the mercenaries saga chronicles might be? I am thinking of picking this up instead of Disgaea 5, just because of the price.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic