Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,981 to 1,994 of 1,994

Kermit1

@NintendoByNature DOOM Eternal will probably be cheaper down the road. I'd say get Lost Sphear I was going to get that yesterday myself but I ran out of money lol.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

#TeamSlime

NintendoByNature

@Kermit1 yea it might be. I know this is the lowest it's been, and I've seen the original doom get down to $9.99, but those are hefty DLs. I got some thinking to do I guess. I have about $14 in gold coins so it's kind of already paid for no matter which route I go.

NintendoByNature

NeonPizza

Jim Power

The 8-bit version of JP is actually kind of decent. It’s giving me strong Journey to Silious vibes, it’s almost as if JP stole 1/4 of its DNA. Plus, that BoxArt is the stuff of legends. Jimmy P would Give Biff from Back to the Future part 2 a run for his money. A ‘light’ recommendation I’d say if you’re up for some OKish’ early 90s action platforming.

Power Slave: Exaumed
HUGE recommendation with this one. The Gyro aiming is an easy 10/10 alone. The Motion Aiming Bests Quake Remasters. They nailed it! This is how you rejuvenate and remaster a PC oldy' It's a shame DOOM 3 never got the same treatment...Having to resort back to analog stick aiming in that one is a total deal breaker for me.

Pac-man Museum+
Why do i have to spend time unlocking the rest of the games? The Hub Arcade setting is kind of cheap too. It doesn't feel good roaming around in it and i have no interest in pimping it out with Virtual furniture.
Pac-Land feels super laggy btw, but that's ok, because nobody like's pac-land. Either way, whatever. to have 14 pac-man games at the current sales price isn't too shabby. I'll take it! er, recommended!

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

NeonPizza

I can't believe NL scored Clockwork Aquario with a 9…If i blasted back to the earlier 90's, i still wouldn't of liked this back in the arcades. It's that mediocre. The gameplay just doesn't really work or click for me personally, it all feels clunky ,clumsy and unintuitive. Found it pretty boring, although the visuals and music were kind of nice.

Wouldn't recommend that one, or Avenging Spirit, which is even worse…Ahem, Jim Power's 8-bit outing easily beats both

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

Ryu_Niiyama

Since it is on sale I do recommend Katanakami with the caveat that you watch game play videos first. (I say this because the WOTS games are an acquired taste and I've been playing since the first one so I know I am biased.) It's a fun little dungeon crawler (minus the last dungeon which is too long at 99 floors) that translates the WOTS swordplay over pretty well. And the smith (dojima) meta game is fun. I've sunk about 115 hours into it and only put it down because the last dungeon EXHAUSTED me. I'll pick it back up later to keep buffing my swords.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

hotdangitsdan

Hey all

SOO I bought LIve A LIve and Xenoblade 3. I just started both, and they have both been real fun. Can someone just make the decision for me and choose which I am gonna play first cos I am the literal worst at making them. I will reward you with a tiny picture I make. It may be rubbish but it will be one of a kind.

Edited on by hotdangitsdan

hotdangitsdan

Kermit1

@hotdangitsdan Xenoblade 3. It's really fun.

#TeamSlime

hotdangitsdan

@NintendoByNature
I only know Doom Eternal's gameplay; it is minute to minute fun, and absolutely ridiculous. The loop is fantastic, get hurt, defeat monsters to get/replenish health. Such a clever system that keeps it frenetic. That being said, not completed it cos I NEVER complete anything cos of my stupid attention span.

My other very expert opinion is Setsuna sounds like a type of orange so, it's a must play. Jokes but from what I've seen it looks really good.

hotdangitsdan

hotdangitsdan

@Kermit1
LiveAlive it is then cheers mate.

Just kidding, thinks for the recommendation

Oh also I will send you le tiny picture in due time. It might be soooo small it's totally imperceptible.

SEEE LOOK IT'S RIGHT THERE.

...A masterpiece I'm sure you'll agree.

hotdangitsdan

Kermit1

@hotdangitsdan wow it's the most beautiful work of art I've ever seen in my whole life lol

nice moustache btw.

#TeamSlime

hotdangitsdan

@Kermit1

Thanks it's fake I take it off in the daytime, only wear it at night.

For real though it's more stubble atm, that pic is half a year old. Not sure why you'd want to know that but offering facts about my facial hair is around 102083 on my list of hobbies.

hotdangitsdan

NintendoByNature

@hotdangitsdan haha yea thanks. I grabbed it a few days ago. I'll probably get sestuna next time. I've beaten only doom 3 but played all the other ones so far.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Can anyone help me prioritize the gunvolt series? I do have mighty gunvolt burst and it was decent. Which games would you recommend after that and Which should I avoid, if any?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic